Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:11:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I Would Like BitcoinWare to Makes Things Right.  (Read 1725 times)
PleaseMakeRightBTCware (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:47:16 PM

Hello,

I was very excited to start mining for Bitcoin. I was most interested in the Spondoolies SP20 Jackson. They were out of stock just about everywhere, but I found them in stock at a particular website, bitcoinware.net "The Canadian Crypto-Mining Source", and I ended up springing for 2 of them, paying well over MSRP.

I ordered them under the impression that they were brand new units.

I received the two units today (I can prove that with the DHL shipment tracking information) and am quite unhappy with their condition upon arrival. They were packed very well and the boxes were undamaged. But one of the SP20 Jacksons had a circuit board that was out of place, to the point where power cables would not be able to be plugged in, and both of them seem to have been used. By the looks of them, I believe they have been used quite a lot. I say this because the heat sinks that are visible have accumulated a lot of dust, and some of the dust even looks burnt from heat. I have attached pictures of these units to this post, although they do not do as much justice as looking at them in person.

I called BitcoinWare.net and informed them of the situation. I asked the man I spoke to whether the miners were shipped new or used. He could not exactly answer that question. He did say that they are tested prior to being shipped to make sure they are in working condition, for a few hours at the most. He also asked me to send pictures to them of the SP20 with a misaligned board.

I am coming here today to publicly state that I feel I have been defrauded, and would like to give BitcoinWare.net the chance to prove otherwise. Whether purposely or not, I received the items in far worse condition than I expected to. I would like a complete refund of my money, and I will happily ship the units back to BitcoinWare at their expense. Otherwise, I would like 2 brand new, untested, original manufacturer sealed units, and I will also happily ship these units back to BitcoinWare at their expense.

I will post any and all pictures requested of the hardware in question. I will also happily, only with BitcoinWare's permission, remove the top cover and take more in depth pictures of the hardware if more evidence is needed. I will not be using the SP20 Jacksons for mining or anything else. I have only removed them from their packaging to take pictures. I will be leaving them in exactly the condition which they arrived.

Pictures: (Warning: the pictures are large)

Top of boxes:
http://postimg.org/image/a6oxgwyal
Bottom of boxes:
http://postimg.org/image/qf55qe74t
One unit's heat sinks:
http://postimg.org/image/ftlaee0t9/
Unit with misaligned board's heat sinks:
http://postimg.org/image/8sxallz19/
Unit with misaligned board's connector face:
http://postimg.org/image/n5qqjxj19/
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:49:43 PM

Haven't heard of Bitcoinware.

I would suggest contacting Spondoolies tech straight up if the miners have a warranty.
djroadking

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:51:41 PM

Exactly like a buy I made on Ebay... Except it was an SP10 which was damaged from shipping.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:44:58 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 11:10:01 PM by PleaseMakeRightBTCware

I would suggest contacting Spondoolies tech straight up if the miners have a warranty.
Thank you for the advise Smiley. And I would, but I do not feel that Spondoolies is at fault here. Since BitcoinWare says they test each unit before shipping them out, I would imagine they would notice if the SP20s were this used and damaged and BitcoinWare should have already settled the situation with Spondoolies.

I received this email from BitcoinWare:
Sorry for the issue here. The miners were shipped in good working order, and tested before shipping.

It definitely looks like there was some shifting damage to the board alignment, as you mentioned.

Please send your photos to this email address, and we will open a case for the shipping insurance with DHL.

Based on the information about the shipping insurance claim, we can ship a replacement unit to you and have you return the damaged unit after the claim is opened.

We will contact you at this email to confirm the shipping insurance claim and the return procedure.

Please contact us directly by email if you have any questions.

Best regards,
BitcoinWare

to which I replied:
Thank you for your reply. However, I do not feel that DHL is at fault. The packaging arrived flawlessly (as can be seen from the photographs) and the damage appears to have needed very much force, enough that it would be reflected in the packaging.

Notwithstanding, this does not address the fact that these units are both, very clearly, very used. As I have stated in the public post, I feel it would be most fair to either fully refund my money or send me two brand new, unused, untested, factory sealed units. In either case I will ship these units back to you at your expense, just as you sent them to me.

I look forward to your response.
Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 11:21:58 PM

Thank you for the advise Smiley. And I would, but I do not feel that Spondoolies is at fault here. Since BitcoinWare says they test each unit before shipping them out, I would imagine they would notice if the SP20s were this used and damaged and BitcoinWare should have already settled the situation with Spondoolies.

I received this email from BitcoinWare:
Sorry for the issue here. The miners were shipped in good working order, and tested before shipping.

It definitely looks like there was some shifting damage to the board alignment, as you mentioned.

Please send your photos to this email address, and we will open a case for the shipping insurance with DHL.

Based on the information about the shipping insurance claim, we can ship a replacement unit to you and have you return the damaged unit after the claim is opened.

We will contact you at this email to confirm the shipping insurance claim and the return procedure.

Please contact us directly by email if you have any questions.

Best regards,
BitcoinWare

to which I replied:
Thank you for your reply. However, I do not feel that DHL is at fault. The packaging arrived flawlessly (as can be seen from the photographs) and the damage appears to have needed very much force, enough that it would be reflected in the packaging.

Notwithstanding, this does not address the fact that these units are both, very clearly, very used. As I have stated in the public post, I feel it would be most fair to either fully refund my money or send me two brand new, unused, untested, factory sealed units. In either case I will ship these units back to you at your expense, just as you sent them to me.

I look forward to your response.

Oh I see. I didn't know they say they test each unit. As a small business which it seems like they are, they could actually be dropshipping it straight from Spondoolies which would make more sense. They could be lying about testing each unit knowing that in truth, they don't even hold the units.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:25:13 AM

Just to be clear, the problem with this order is 1) that you think they're not new, and 2) that some of the boards came lose during shipping?

Somekindabitcoin

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 06:20:46 AM

Just to be clear, the problem with this order is 1) that you think they're not new, and 2) that some of the boards came lose during shipping?

He thinks that the company actually took them out of the boxes and tested them which is most likely a lie. It's gotta be dropshipped.

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 11:01:50 AM

The problem is 1) That they are definitely not anywhere near new and 2) a single board came loose, I do not know when. Although I do know the packaging I received them in was in perfect shape.

Again, if any sort of evidence for any of my statements is needed, I will provide it. If this is the way BitcoinWare does business, then that is fine. But I was misled and I would just like my money back, for BitcoinWare to take their units back and things to go back to the way they were. No harm no foul.

He thinks that the company actually took them out of the boxes and tested them which is most likely a lie. It's gotta be dropshipped.
I certainly do not think they were drop shipped. Spondoolies says they are out of stock of the SP20 on their website, these definitely came from a Canadian address, and BitcoinWare says they ship from their own stock. You may be right, but I am not sure lying about this would be to their benefit. I would have much preferred to receive units directly from Spondoolies.

It is very obvious from the way the heat sinks look that these units have been used, if not for a largely prolonged period. I will not take the units apart at all without BitcoinWare's permission, so the pictures in my original post are the best I could get of the interior of the machines for now.

I have informed BitcoinWare of this topic on the forum, and they are a member here under the name "blazingoat". I kindly invite them to join in and give their position.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:02:38 PM

i just received my antminer s4 from them it came in great time and no damage to the shipping packaging, upon opening and hooking up the 2 front fans fail to spin, 1 of the back fans grinds, after opening the case we found one of the dead front fans was cut and taped with green electrical tape and the other just twitches like the bearing is toast.

i have waited 2 days with no response about the dead on arrival unit seems they took my money and ran with it, i don't advise anyone to use their services!!!!

they are a fraudulent company that wont reply to customers they rip off!!!

From the looks of it, BitcoinWare bought a used / Broken Antminer and then resell them as a "brand new" Miners
2 People that got a broken antminer what a coincidence Roll Eyes
Stay away from this site  Angry
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 05:11:58 PM

yes it is def a bad site, i have sent several emails and also when you go on the site they have a support system that says when they are offline and online, the day i ordered they replied in support system within mins, now that i have a dead on arrival unit i have 0 contact back from them, i simply need 3 new fans sent and the unit works just fine, so now im out the costs of buying 3 replacement fans just to get a unit working that should have been working on arrival...poor service from a shady company. i have given them 72 hours to reply and then i will be contacting their local police department fraud division, not smart to rip off ppl that only live a couple hours away from your company's headquarters!!!
You live near their HQ ?
Are you sure it's the right address ?
If this company really wanted to make a scam and run for their money i don't see why they want to put their real address there Roll Eyes
I got a feeling they are using fake address Sad
Try to come to the HQ first and make a complain there (Considering it was not fake address)
Good luck Wink
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:38:04 PM

You guys should threaten them that you will make a lot of bad publicity for them if they don't do and deliver what they promised to. If they refuse, I would make numerous threads here, on other forums, reddit, and everywhere you can leave a negative reviews about them.

At the end, you will cause them much more damage than they gained from you guys by screwing you. What a bunch of unprofessional people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: