Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:48:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling NES and SNES games for bitcoins  (Read 1242 times)
milesc (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 06:17:28 PM

I've got numerous nintendo games gathering dust that I'd like to sell.  I'm thinking maybe 2 bitcoins for NES and 4 bitcoins for SNES games.  Would anyone be interested?
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CentroniX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 07:32:14 PM

I've got numerous nintendo games gathering dust that I'd like to sell.  I'm thinking maybe 2 bitcoins for NES and 4 bitcoins for SNES games.  Would anyone be interested?

Currently the market is at $7.241USD per 1 BTC.  It's going to be hard to find many people willing to spend $28.96 for a used SNES game.  Hell, for $59 right now on eBay you can get a complete SNES system with two controllers and 16 games!!  Super Mario 2, for example has a buy-it-now of $3USD.

cent
milesc (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:20:57 PM

In the past week, I've seen the value of a bitcoin swing way high and low.  Just because it is worth $7 today certainly doesn't mean it will be tomorrow.  Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I've got a feeling the value is going to plummet after one or two more difficulty increases as the new adopters that were spawned by the recent media attention leave in droves.
CentroniX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 11:54:32 PM

In the past week, I've seen the value of a bitcoin swing way high and low.  Just because it is worth $7 today certainly doesn't mean it will be tomorrow.  Maybe I'm pessimistic, but I've got a feeling the value is going to plummet after one or two more difficulty increases as the new adopters that were spawned by the recent media attention leave in droves.

You may be exactly correct.  However if I am going to plan a purchase today, in bitcoins, I'm obviously going to compare it to today's market price. You can speculate all you want as to what's going to happen in the future.  I'm just saying, there's no way I'm paying $28, today, for a SNES cartridge.  YMMV!

cent
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 12:15:35 AM

Currently the market is at $7.241USD per 1 BTC.  It's going to be hard to find many people willing to spend $28.96 for a used SNES game.  Hell, for $59 right now on eBay you can get a complete SNES system with two controllers and 16 games!!  Super Mario 2, for example has a buy-it-now of $3USD.

cent

Some SNES and NES games are worth tons...

Any chance OP has Earthbound?
Ricochet

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2011, 12:38:23 AM

I'd be interested in seeing a list of available titles, especially for SNES.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: