Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:20:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My quest for FUM | Investing in Bitcoin, Stocks and other stuff  (Read 234 times)
cryptotore (OP)

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:19:18 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2016, 11:29:47 PM by cryptotore

Hi everyone and welcome to "my topic"! Cheesy

I'm starting this thread to give the ones interested, insight into my quest to aquire FUM, aka, FUCK YOU MONEY.
There are many definitions of what FUM is, but for me its basically financial freedom.

• Freedom to do what I want in life
  • Freedom to work because I want to and not because I have to
  • Freedom to say "FUCK YOU" and leave, to any employer, if they are treating me badly or I don't agree with their way of doing business.

My strategy for doing this is rather simple, I'm going to:
  • Increase income
  • Decrease expenses
  • Save/invest as much money as possible, about 65% of my income

Now that you know my goal and strategy, I'm going to show you how I invest my money.
As you might have guessed already, I'm going to invest in Bitcoin. But I'm not  going to put all my eggs in the same basket..

I'm diversifying my investments into 3 categories:
  • Bitcoins
  • Stock/Index funds
  • Savings account

Bitcoins:
Because crypto is awesome, and I do believe the value of bitcoin will increase over time. (This is a 7-10 year plan)
I will not be trading, but holding.

Stock market:
I also believe the world will go forward in the long run, and thats why I'm investing in the stock market as well.
Because I'm unskilled/new to the stock game, I'm going with global and western index funds to start with. I'll probably invest like 80% into passive index funds, 10% into active index funds and 10% in single stocks.

Savings account:
I'm also putting 1/3 of the money into a "high" rent savings account (1,8%). I'm doing this so that if the mortage rent suddenly should increase like hell (I got it locked at 1,7% for the next 5 years), I got some money "on hand"  to be able to resolve the situation, instead of sellings btc/stocks.

I'm investing in btc and stocks on my payday, regardless of price. And I'm putting 1/3 of the total savings each month, into the different categories. The reason why the graph underneath show more value in bitcoin is because I've put the btc I already have as a deposit during this first month. And I'm not able to save as much as I want this month, because I'm in the process of moving (over 1000 miles..) and changing job. I will make up for it in november tho! Smiley

My FUM portfolio, in USD:

I will be posting a graph like this once every month, to show my progress. I'll also include some other stats like monthly change in %, excluding the current months deposits etc.

Wish me luck!  Cheesy
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 09:42:58 AM

Good to know that you are also in investment and sharing your way to financial freedom. Also I may add that in Financial planning, having some insurance is also needed. Health,Life or other non life.As you accumulate,better to have this instruments especially when you are starting a family.

When there are health emergency, insurance can take acre of it and it will not affect your savings or force to sell your stocks.

Open for Campaigns
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: