Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 09:37:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All property and money taken because of miners?! (Ireland)  (Read 1822 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:11:47 PM

Yes absolutely, a spike in electricity usage is perfectly acceptable grounds for them to get a search warrant on suspicion of growing hash using high watt lamps

No, far from it. Aren't there lawyers in Ireland?

Police do not routinely check power consumption. They have no right to do this. Police do not know how much electrical energy you use, this is private information between you and your utility company.

I know in the UK, they have some kind of infrared cameras which allows someone to check if there is excess heat inside a building, but even that is insufficient to enter a property and seize equipment from it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:35:10 PM

Yes absolutely, a spike in electricity usage is perfectly acceptable grounds for them to get a search warrant on suspicion of growing hash using high watt lamps

No, far from it. Aren't there lawyers in Ireland?

they are fairly modern and up to date in comparison to the rest of europe but the police are cunts just about everywhere thesedays .......since 9-11 the world has just gotten more shitty and privacy and rights
have been compromised more or less globally
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:18:16 PM

If i was running a mining operation I wouldn't tell anyone, you can't never know how the authorities will take it.
minermick (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:21:25 PM

^ it's a sad state of affairs when robbers and thieves are less of a problem than the police.

Police doesn't really post problems like these all the time. But when they do ,its worse as you are subjected to further investigation.
@minermick have you been able to get the hardware back ?

Hi,

I'm more worried about getting back my accounts, invoice software and files to try and run my business and only source of income!! I'm in the high court (Irish version of Supreme Court) again tomorrow, hopefully I'll be awarded copies of essential files...
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:18:45 PM

^ it's a sad state of affairs when robbers and thieves are less of a problem than the police.

Can they really raid your house just like that?  Shocked I thought they first have to make accusations, then get an perquisition
allowance from the court and only then come to your house, present an order and then, of course with you observing everything, are allowed to look around and temporarily take something if they need it for investigation. Well... maybe in your country they can... Sad
The problem with the police is that they are almost completely computer illiterate. One time I talked to them as a witness on illegal mmorpg server and was amazed at how dumb they are. Wink Grin I think they will deconstruct your miners thinking that they produce some concentrate  Tongue

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: