Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:52:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [App][Guide] soloEasy/AutoSolo-Automated Litecoin Solo-Mining Setup for Windows!  (Read 4205 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 12:52:02 AM

Also posted in Alternate Currencies, but for Newbies restricted to this area:

Hello! Today I put in some time to develop a tool to make it much easier for users to solo-mine litecoins. I call it AutoSolo. It is a simple jar file that you download, put in it's own folder, and double-click. From there, the program downloads cgminer and litecoin, starts the litecoin-qt client in server mode after creating litecoin.conf in your AppData/Roaming/Litecoin directory (creating the litecoin folder if it isn't already there), guides you through the creation of a cgminer startup script, and at the end leaves you with two folders and two bat files in that same folder you started off--a .bat file to start cgminer using your config for solomining, and a .bat file for launching the litecoin client in server mode. All in less than 5 minutes and less than 10 clicks.

Full post, images, description, source and executable downloads, tutorial available at http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,54!

Let me know if you have any issues with getting it running or would like to see any features in it.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kitemike

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2012, 07:27:35 PM

I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but what's the difference between mining using this cgminer script and just clicking on Mining in the Litecoin-QT client?

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 03:54:26 AM

I'm sorry if this is a basic question, but what's the difference between mining using this cgminer script and just clicking on Mining in the Litecoin-QT client?

Hey, good question Smiley

Mining in the litecoin client is a slow miner and is on your CPU, cgminer is fast and runs on your GPU, which is a LOT faster, especially with a good ATI GPU Smiley

puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:43:25 PM

Mining in the litecoin client is a slow miner and is on your CPU, cgminer is fast and runs on your GPU, which is a LOT faster, especially with a good ATI GPU Smiley

I was under the impression that the point of Litecoin was that there is not a GPU advantage in mining.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 12:38:58 PM

I was under the impression that the point of Litecoin was that there is not a GPU advantage in mining.

That was, yes, the original purpose, however scrypt for GPU was found to run around 10x faster than a CPU. It's still a lot closer of a match between CPU and GPU though, CPU mining is still worthy of doing at some times, as scrypt is memory-intensive.

danilotron

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:22:57 AM

Also posted in Alternate Currencies, but for Newbies restricted to this area:

Hello! Today I put in some time to develop a tool to make it much easier for users to solo-mine litecoins. I call it AutoSolo. It is a simple jar file that you download, put in it's own folder, and double-click. From there, the program downloads cgminer and litecoin, starts the litecoin-qt client in server mode after creating litecoin.conf in your AppData/Roaming/Litecoin directory (creating the litecoin folder if it isn't already there), guides you through the creation of a cgminer startup script, and at the end leaves you with two folders and two bat files in that same folder you started off--a .bat file to start cgminer using your config for solomining, and a .bat file for launching the litecoin client in server mode. All in less than 5 minutes and less than 10 clicks.

Full post, images, description, source and executable downloads, tutorial available at http://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,54!

Let me know if you have any issues with getting it running or would like to see any features in it.

Hi there i would like to know if mining ltc is any decent profit? Any calc that you recommend using out there? I would love to know estimated profit per ghs. Thanks,   Dani
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:06:07 AM

Hi there i would like to know if mining ltc is any decent profit? Any calc that you recommend using out there? I would love to know estimated profit per ghs. Thanks,   Dani
What some people do is point their miner software at a pool that switches to, and automatically mines the most profitable coin.
https://hashco.ws, http://middlecoin.com, https://multipool.us

To calculate, go to coinwarz.com

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██