Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:21:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My thread locked for SPAM and I dont know why.  (Read 1502 times)
frontdenplastic

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:30:07 PM

So forgive me for growing up on a western democracy where we favor:  clearly posting the rules in advance, giving detailed punishments for breaking said rules ahead-of-time and supplying inadvertent tortfeasors such as myself with an opportunity to redress grievances against the enforcers of the rules should they also be culpable.

3.2% of the US population is incarcerated, paroled or in probation. 3% of the forum have been banned. Are you also one of the 3-3.2% of the population who are in some kind of trouble?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PonZ

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 02:58:58 AM

So forgive me for growing up on a western democracy where we favor:  clearly posting the rules in advance, giving detailed punishments for breaking said rules ahead-of-time and supplying inadvertent tortfeasors such as myself with an opportunity to redress grievances against the enforcers of the rules should they also be culpable.

3.2% of the US population is incarcerated, paroled or in probation. 3% of the forum have been banned. Are you also one of the 3-3.2% of the population who are in some kind of trouble?

I suppose I am part of the 3.2% 
1) no trial
2) no evidence
3) not sure when the punishment will end

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 03:08:49 AM

I suppose I am part of the 3.2% 
1) no trial
2) no evidence
3) not sure when the punishment will end
1 - this is a private forum, the owners can exclude whoever they want from participating. You do/did have the option to appeal any such ban and provide any evidence/reasons/argument as to why you should not have been banned.
2 - Yes there was.
3 - I believe that there is a message saying how long your ban will last. You take this number and add it to when your ban was implemented and the result will be when the ban(punishment) will end
PonZ

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 06:42:45 PM

So there is no way to screen these shill posts with technology?  I know I personally never made a shill post.  
So an Admin can suspect shilling and just drop the ban hammer on a hunch? So our admins operate by the science of "feeling" ??

Edit:  I am sure I could write a script that predicted within 95% accuracy what was a self-posted-shill and what wasn't.  So If I can do why hasn't the forum???

Who says we dont have that already? And the reason why you don't get a message saying who banned you, is because moderators would then have to deal with people hounding that constantly about nonsense. The explanation is there, it says you were banned for spamming. Bans and post deletion by moderators are screened by the admins, if moderators make wrongful post deletions/bans, they aren't moderators anymore.

*edit* and no, the thread isn't unlocked in 5 days, just the ban is up.

Can I create another announcement thread in "Investor-based games" or do I need to wait until my original annoument thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=972192.0) is unlocked?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: