Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 07:22:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] yogg's system and network admin service  (Read 1777 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 10:54:07 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 12:34:52 PM by yogg

I am a self-educated IT tech, but I have had training to become system/network admin (2 year). I am now learning development at the university.
This training has allowed me to work for a range of companies over the years in lots of different industries from web hosting to food companies.

However, working full-time didn't give me the freedom that I can get from freelancing.
Therefore, I am now extending my reach to the bitcoin community to offer my services to work on your projects.
I can also manage projects and tweak your code but I am not a full developer.

I aim to offer high quality work for great prices.
So, please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to ask me a question or enquire about my wide range of services.

FIRST CUSTOMER DISCOUNT: BTC0.05 PER HOUR

NORMAL RATE: BTC0.1 PER HOUR

For bigger projects I also offer discounts too, so contact me and we can negotiate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 10:54:19 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 12:30:08 AM by yogg

(reserved)
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:32:25 AM

+vouch, yogg is a pretty cool guy, from what I know about him.  Good luck yogg with the service! Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:48:16 AM

Hey yogg! Are you able to give quotes beforehand on how much it'll cost to get something done? To me, the worst thing is having someone take 10 hours to do a job that takes someone else 15 minutes to do, even though they charge the same rate. I'm more inclined to work with someone that can tell how much it is up front and then if it takes 15m, great. If it takes 25 hours, it's fine too, since it doesn't cost more.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 12:57:33 AM

+vouch, yogg is a pretty cool guy, from what I know about him.  Good luck yogg with the service! Smiley

Thanks a lot for the kind words, monbux.  Cool
I appreciate it a lot.

Hey yogg! Are you able to give quotes beforehand on how much it'll cost to get something done? To me, the worst thing is having someone take 10 hours to do a job that takes someone else 15 minutes to do, even though they charge the same rate. I'm more inclined to work with someone that can tell how much it is up front and then if it takes 15m, great. If it takes 25 hours, it's fine too, since it doesn't cost more.

Hey ranlo,

Sure, I can give you a rough estimation of the time some work will take to completion. I charge the time I spend on the work.
If it takes me 15 minutes to do, that's fine and I'll charge 15mn. Smiley If I'm available you'll have it done almost instantly.

If it takes longer, I will give you updates about the work regularly so you can see the progress.

Feel free to contact me privately if you want to discuss about your project more in depth.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 12:59:36 AM

+vouch, yogg is a pretty cool guy, from what I know about him.  Good luck yogg with the service! Smiley

Thanks a lot for the kind words, monbux.  Cool
I appreciate it a lot.

Hey ranlo,

Sure, I can give you a rough estimation of the time some work will take to completion. I charge the time I spent on the work.
If it takes me 15 minutes to do, that's fine. Smiley
I will also give you updates about the work regularly so you can see the progress.

Feel free to contact me privately if you want to discuss about your project more in depth.

Thanks, yogg! I'm not *currently* in the market, but have been noting down potential services I'll need in the future just so I have things locked down, Smiley.

I mostly bring up the time because, for example, a network admin was helping migrate one of my VPSs and it turned into a 36-hour job because he kept messing something up that would make it fail, and that happened over and over (at least 7x that I'm aware of).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:12:19 AM

I mostly bring up the time because, for example, a network admin was helping migrate one of my VPSs and it turned into a 36-hour job because he kept messing something up that would make it fail, and that happened over and over (at least 7x that I'm aware of).

I hear you !
Well, that depends on what you do have on that VPS you want to migrate.

I know what I can do. If some work is out of my skill area you shouldn't be charged for the time I need to make the specific research.
You can be sure I won't charge you if I didn't complete the work.

I'm not *currently* in the market, but have been noting down potential services I'll need in the future just so I have things locked down, Smiley.

I'm looking forward to work on your projects. Smiley
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:17:06 AM

Best way to improve a WordPress site on a VPS to handle heavy traffic? Right now I'm using W3 Total Cache plugin to cache, server is nginx running on Debian. Any suggestions?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:21:30 AM

Best way to improve a WordPress site on a VPS to handle heavy traffic? Right now I'm using W3 Total Cache plugin to cache, server is nginx running on Debian. Any suggestions?

Are you already using Cloudflare? And then use server-side caching things like Varnish. CDNs (real ones, other than CF) will also help with speed.

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:29:09 AM

Are you already using Cloudflare? And then use server-side caching things like Varnish. CDNs (real ones, other than CF) will also help with speed.

There is a lot of ways to improve speed.
First, you need to find what is the bottleneck.

Last time I had speed issues (on http://www.altdice.net) it was because of the VPS connection port. It had a 1Gbps connection port, and I switched to a VPS with a 10Gbps one.
That did it. But I identified the bottleneck, which was the network.

Then if you have exploited all the solutions, you can always setup a second VPS with load balancing.
This should increase the overall speed of your WordPress since the load will be shared between two websites.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 01:31:52 AM

There is a lot of ways to improve speed.
First, you need to find what is the bottleneck.

Last time I had speed issues (on http://www.altdice.net) it was because of the VPS connection port. It had a 1Gbps connection port, and I switched to a VPS with a 10Gbps one.
That did it. But I identified the bottleneck, which was the network.

Then if you have exploited all the solutions, you can always setup a second VPS with load balancing.
This should increase the overall speed of your WordPress since the load will be shared between two websites.

Hmmm, are you able to set up load balancing, find the bottlenecks, etc.? And out of curiosity, what would you charge for general maintenance (I guess is the way to explain it) such as keeping watch for security concerns, dealing with patches, etc.? One of the big problems I had with running my own VPS before was that I don't have the experience/time to keep a server protected all the time and apparently had a breach for months I wasn't even aware of.

yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 01:44:42 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 02:01:20 AM by yogg

Hmmm, are you able to set up load balancing, find the bottlenecks, etc.?

Sure. Doing such things was my day to day work, back then.

And out of curiosity, what would you charge for general maintenance (I guess is the way to explain it) such as keeping watch for security concerns, dealing with patches, etc.? One of the big problems I had with running my own VPS before was that I don't have the experience/time to keep a server protected all the time and apparently had a breach for months I wasn't even aware of.

That depends on your needs. I can do that on a regular basis, once a week, or every day if your setup is critical.
I will charge you accordingly to the time I spend doing these routine maintenance check.

Let's say you need to have it checked every week and it takes me 15 minutes to do so every time, I'll ask you BTC0.1 / month at normal rate.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:35:32 AM

I am a self-educated IT tech, but I have had training to become system/network admin (2 year) and IT manager (another 2 years).

What certifications do you have?  When it comes to self-education, certifications are the only measurement of true skill.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 05:36:31 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 09:22:29 PM by yogg

I am a self-educated IT tech, but I have had training to become system/network admin (2 year) and IT manager (another 2 years).

What certifications do you have?  When it comes to self-education, certifications are the only measurement of true skill.

I am self-educated only on the tech part (building a machine from parts, installing a printer, ... this kind of stuff I learned when I was a kid Cheesy).
Regarding the system/network admin and IT project manager training, I graduated from a French university, in Paris. It's corresponding to a master's degree.

Those trainings were "time-split" : half of the time at the uni, and the other half in a company. I learned most of the things in the companies I worked for.

I don't have certifications like Cisco, MCSA, ITIL.. Mostly because I never took them, but I'm looking forward to pass them in the future.
(If I had them, I wouldn't be offering my services for $30/hour here)

Lacking the cert doesn't prevent me from knowing ITIL or how to handle some MS Active Directory.

That doesn't mean a lot, but I run AltDice.net for about a year and a half now.
I don't need certifications to come up with a secure platform, or to setup a blockchain explorer... whatever.

I know what I can do.
Enabling a round-robin DNS load balancing between two VPSes with an auto-replicating master/master database is something I know how to do, so why hold myself back ? Smiley

I also know what I can't do.
Like configuring some Cisco hardware.. I wouldn't know how to do that.
It doesn't mean that I lack the knowledge of the network, but I lack the knowledge of the Cisco appliances.

I highly value honesty and sincerity.
jsmit332

Activity: 792
Merit: 1001

Video editing • Animated GIFs • Graphic Design

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:19:43 PM

I also vouch for yogg.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:26:07 AM

I also vouch for yogg.

Thanks ! Smiley

Bump. I'm available for work !
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:12:22 AM

I also vouch for yogg.

I recommend Yogg too! 
He's trustworthy and skilled.

Best regards.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 10:56:37 PM

I recommend Yogg too! 
He's trustworthy and skilled.

Best regards.

Thanks for the nice words Roslin Smiley

I'm available for work. Feel free to contact me if you have any question about something.
towedunder

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:47:36 AM

I just recently worked with yogg on two seperate things he is a great guy.  He knows his stuff and does an awsome job of teaching you if thats what you ask of him. I look forward to working with him again
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2015, 11:56:55 AM

I just recently worked with yogg on two seperate things he is a great guy.  He knows his stuff and does an awsome job of teaching you if thats what you ask of him. I look forward to working with him again

Thanks towedunder Smiley
Yeah, I helped with the setup of a blockchain explorer and a faucet for some altcoin.

I'm available to work on your projects if you need some assistance.
yogg (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 05:43:33 PM

Bump.

I'm available to work on your projects. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: