Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:08:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2015-03-13 Honeybadgerofmoney.com - 21-Inc Facts and Speculation  (Read 1038 times)
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 08:49:25 PM

http://honeybadgerofmoney.com/2015/03/13/21-inc-facts-and-speculation-based-on-job-descriptions/

Wanted to share this here.  Feedback/discussion here or on the comments is welcome and encouraged.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:03:27 AM

http://honeybadgerofmoney.com/2015/03/13/21-inc-facts-and-speculation-based-on-job-descriptions/

Wanted to share this here.  Feedback/discussion here or on the comments is welcome and encouraged.

Saw this article a couple times in different locations -- same show different venue.

It would be great if 21 supported PICISI, write that story.

frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:27:12 AM

Saw this article a couple times in different locations -- same show different venue.

Since you wrote this here, I'm going to remove the link on my article page itself.  I don't agree with the PICISI concept at all:  a bunch of cryptocurrencies that can pay to promote themselves while others utilize your site to crowdfund their ideas (which are probably less than stellar, or slathered in fraudulence. The best ideas would want to to go for the most liquidity, seeking the highest opportunity of success ... ponder on that one.) for a slew of different alts. 

As it stands I don't use any crowdfunding platforms - because I feel like the best ideas can be bootstrapped and/or find proper private investment capital.  Your idea, while nobile, will not garner support because the cryptocurrency community by in large has been BURNED by alt-coins.  Furthermore, there is barely any liquidity in BTC, most holders of BTC choose to hold onto it as a speculative investment and would rather give away fiat to invest in ideas.  Have you not seen coinmarketcap.com?  The liquidity in all the other coins combined is a drop compared to BTC so offering a multi-coin crowdfunding site seems 'awesome' to an uninformed young entrepreneur, but reality will set in real quick when the site is live for 7 months and there's 10Million + in funding requests with less than $200 in actual funds 'pledged' to campaigns.   Your idea has no ground imho.

If you don't believe me, try this experiment:  Go to Alexa.com:   Check the website rankings and estimated traffic for the following sites/projects:

Bitcoinstarter.com
swarm.fund
vinumeris.com
cryptostocks.com

Those are your direct competitors and who you would 'need' to outshine in order to seem more attractive. (so that others choose to use your site to pledge funds to awesome ideas)  Keep in mind that that's a wishy washy statistic because it doesn't actually measure potential participants nor potential funds pledged within the platforms, (I don't know maybe that is a potential competitive advantage = full disclosure of all funds invested and where) 

NOW, compare those findings to indiegogo.com and also to kickstarter.com.  Those are your indirect competitors and who you actually need to acquisition customers from in order to flourish.  I'm presuming the underlying goal is to be in the captains seat earning 2% right?  Well, you'll need to take some of their traction in order to make a reasonable return with that percentage.  Also, 3 articles, paid for, to promote your idea, which has no actual working prototype website, nor competitive advantage over existing competition, will. get. you. nowhere.

Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:28:24 AM

Wanted to share this here.  Feedback/discussion here or on the comments is welcome and encouraged.

Since you wrote this here, I'm going to remove the link on my article page itself.  I don't agree with the PICISI concept at all:  a bunch of cryptocurrencies that can pay to promote themselves while others utilize your site to crowdfund their ideas (which are probably less than stellar, or slathered in fraudulence. The best ideas would want to to go for the most liquidity, seeking the highest opportunity of success ... ponder on that one.) for a slew of different alts.  

As it stands I don't use any crowdfunding platforms - because I feel like the best ideas can be bootstrapped and/or find proper private investment capital.  Your idea, while nobile, will not garner support because the cryptocurrency community by in large has been BURNED by alt-coins.  Furthermore, there is barely any liquidity in BTC, most holders of BTC choose to hold onto it as a speculative investment and would rather give away fiat to invest in ideas.  Have you not seen coinmarketcap.com?  The liquidity in all the other coins combined is a drop compared to BTC so offering a multi-coin crowdfunding site seems 'awesome' to an uninformed young entrepreneur, but reality will set in real quick when the site is live for 7 months and there's 10Million + in funding requests with less than $200 in actual funds 'pledged' to campaigns.   Your idea has no ground imho.

If you don't believe me, try this experiment:  Go to Alexa.com:   Check the website rankings and estimated traffic for the following sites/projects:

Bitcoinstarter.com
swarm.fund
vinumeris.com
cryptostocks.com

Those are your direct competitors and who you would 'need' to outshine in order to seem more attractive. (so that others choose to use your site to pledge funds to awesome ideas)  Keep in mind that that's a wishy washy statistic because it doesn't actually measure potential participants nor potential funds pledged within the platforms, (I don't know maybe that is a potential competitive advantage = full disclosure of all funds invested and where)  

NOW, compare those findings to indiegogo.com and also to kickstarter.com.  Those are your indirect competitors and who you actually need to acquisition customers from in order to flourish.  I'm presuming the underlying goal is to be in the captains seat earning 2% right?  Well, you'll need to take some of their traction in order to make a reasonable return with that percentage.  Also, 3 articles, paid for, to promote your idea, which has no actual working prototype website, nor competitive advantage over existing competition, will. get. you. nowhere.

You said: "Since you wrote this here, I'm going to remove the link on my article page itself."  Just because I read the same story numerous times doesn't mean that others did.  Not everyone looks at every story everyday. 

As for PICISI, wow, you should be exhausted jumping to all of those wrong conclusions? 

You clearly didn't finish doing your homework.  It's probably best to ask questions before you make too many assumptions.  At least get the fundamentals correct so you could argue your point(s) intelligently.

You said: "I don't agree with the PICISI concept at all:  a bunch of cryptocurrencies that can pay to promote themselves while others utilize your site to crowdfund their ideas (which are probably less than stellar, or slathered in fraudulence. The best ideas would want to to go for the most liquidity, seeking the highest opportunity of success ... ponder on that one.) for a slew of different alts."  HUH???  What would lead you to presume "probably less than stellar, slathered in fraudulence"?  

The "the best ideas would want to go for the most liquidity" statement is drenched in ignorance.  It assumes all crowdfunding sites have the same funding guidelines such that organizer can go to anyone they wish, with is not the case, there are many things that could be done at indiegogo that can't be done at kickstarter, and neither of them accept multiple currencies in a single campaign or any kind of CC.  

As for "... seeking the highest opportunity of success..." I see loads of campaigns on all of the top performing sites with plenty of campaigns ending with ZERO donations.  What is the success level of zero?   At PICISI not one campaign will close with zero donations.

Earlier you said the best ideas go to where the highest probability of success is at, then later you said: "... I feel like the best ideas can be bootstrapped and/or find proper private investment capital".  Are talking about angle investors, or equity investment, those avenues have the highest levels of failure which is precisely why crowdfunding was created.  

You said: "Your idea, while nobile, [yeah, you spelled it like mobile with an 'n'] will not garner support because the cryptocurrency community by in large has been BURNED by alt-coins" hahahaa, the CC industry has been burned by unscrupulous people not by "alt-coins", nevertheless 90% of the harm caused to the CC industry was cause to BTC,  Mt Gox was about BTC not xyz coin, take a look at this long list of major btc heists and remember it is only the major ones: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=83794.0

You said: "... but reality will set in real quick when the site is live for 7 months and there's 10Million + in funding requests with less than $200 in actual funds 'pledged' to campaigns...."  PICISI will accept fiat and CC, the CC can be any CC: BTC, xyz, and/or lmnop token.   Liquidity of a coin has nothing to do with the pledges of a campaign.   You mentioned 10 Million, 10 Million what?  Then you mentioned "$200 in actual funds pledged",  clearly you are confused.  A donation is a donation.  If someone want to donate 10M xyz CC then if that is the host CC it remains as such, if someone donates 10M Mint, and xyz is the host CC the mint is immediately converted to xyz.  If someone donates $200 USD and that is the host fiat it remains as such, if someone donates $200 USD and the host fiat is Euro it remains in USD until the campaign organizer requests for it to be converted to USD, otherwise it will be delivered as it was collected (USD).

As for: Bitcoinstarter.com,  swarm.fund, vinumeris.com, and cryptostocks.com.  I never heard of the last 3, but from their sites none appear to be doing anything of substance.  Bitcoinstarter.com doesn't do any CC other than BTC, doesn't do fiat, and is in no working condition to compete with any working crowdfunding site.

Based on this: "... 3 articles, paid for, to promote your idea, which has no actual working prototype website, nor competitive advantage over existing competition, will. get. you. nowhere."    I could tell you didn't read though that thread, you didn't finish your homework, and you allowed yourself to jump to more wrong conclusions -- your assumption that the articles were "paid for" was wrong.  

As for: indiegogo.com and kickstarter.com those are PICISI's future competition, in about a year.

As for the fee structure, it is extremely competitive, and mindful of many nuisances of crowdfunding.  You jumped to the wrong conclusion there too.

Unlike you who took the short cut in the wrong direction and got lost but never like PICISI in the first place, most people like PICISI but also take the shortcut and end up in the wrong direction.    My job is to get everyone on the right page about PICISI.  So PICISI will start ever so low and slow, after 3 months I suspect most in the CC universe will know PICISI for what it actually is as opposed to some preconceived notion based on reading of a few paragraphs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: