Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] YABIF - Turbulent Market, Secure Investments  (Read 4004 times)
puffn (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 04:59:19 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2012, 06:16:18 PM by puffn

Yet Another Bitcoin Investment Fund

IPO Live 1 BTC per share
The purpose of this fund is to provide a method for people to securely and easily invest in GLBSE stocks. Our goal is to take as much of the risk out of investing as possible by investing companies that are verified, have plausible business models, and good rates of return. The target rate of this fund is 2 percent per week. We aim to have a diversified portfolio with at least 90% capital deployment at any time.

My contract with you the investor.

Net asset value will be disclosed at least once per month. This will be presented as a balance sheet with a breakdown by sector.

There will be no under the table deals. All shares will be issued on the open market with a maximum of a 2% discount to spot price, NAV, or 5 day average.

I will hold a large majority of my own money in this fund. I will also be taking a management fee of 3%. Dividends will be disbursed when no deals are on the market, or when shares are being offered.

No information that could lead to insider trading will be disclosed to anyone. As most of my capital will be in the fund, almost all insider trading risk will be severely limited.

A 67% approval on a motion is necessary to proceed with a wind down of assets. In the event that I can no longer continue as fund manager, assets will be disbursed according to share ownership.

Why Invest with me?

• Let me do the hard work
  • Focus on safe stocks
  • Transparent Operations
  • Good returns
  • Uncapped Returns
  • Low Fees
  • No off-market share sales

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 06:53:05 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2012, 01:41:33 AM by puffn

I have been thinking of creating a Bitcoin Investment Fund. Most of the investments of the fund would be GLBSE securities. There seems to be a lack of funds that focus on low risk high quality investments, and hopefully, this can be used to fill that niche. Ideally, companies that would be selected for this fund would be the more transparent insured pirate pass throughs, mining investments with good outlooks, and perhaps other low risk ventures.

I would of course be willing to get verified on GLBSE with the services I have. I do not use Linked In, however, I would be willing to verify everything else. I would be willing to verify on the forum in a similar manner to BitcoinINV. I would also be willing to disclose some of these items to large investors, and trusted members of the community.

Dividends and capital gains will be disbursed if there are no opportunities in the market. The management fee will be 3 percent of all returns. Please note that this is performance based pay. I do not get paid if you do not earn. This may be subject to change in the event that pirate defaults as I believe that his rates have an affect on interest rates of assets.

Net Asset Value will be disclosed once per month. This will be on the first date of the month.

I will be purchasing shares with all of my holdings, this will keep me from having a conflict of interest with the fund's interest. It will also help to further align my interest with the investors. I mine on the side, so any coins I make will be used to purchase shares on the open market at the same price you do. All additional share sales will be announced three days in advance on this forum and will be sold at a 2% discount to the 5 day average price, or the NAV whichever is higher. The share price will be recalculated once per day until every share is sold. There will be no private or pre IPO sales.

I will not disclose any information that would be considered insider knowledge.

Any further suggestions?

EDIT: Individual investments will not be disclosed, however, sector percent will be.
EDIT 3: Upon resolution of the fund, assets will be dispersed and liquidated to shareholders according. This can be initiated by shareholders at a point when 67% approve of a motion, this can also happen if I determine that I can no longer execute my responsibilities to you.

If any trusted members would like to see my ID, please pm me with your email address and a short reminder. The IPO is slated to be on Monday the 13th. I cannot guarantee full verification via GLBSE at IPO time, but I should at a minimum have ID either confirmed on GLBSE or posted directly here. I have just  sent them an email, so things should be fine. On Saturday, the final details for the IPO will be placed in the top post with the top post's contents moved to this post. This way the main details for the issue will be available first with the information already provided to you available just below that. Thanks.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:50:04 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2012, 10:22:38 PM by puffn

I really appreciate that feedback Usagi. I have good reason for seeking more capital for investment. As far as shares go, initially, I want to expand slowly to build trust with my issue holders. Anything I can do to reduce the risk associated with my person will greatly enhance the value of the shares. This is also why I am willing to be so transparent. I also think that the transparency of my fund is enticing. No funds from this investment will ever leave GLBSE through me. I can tell you that my investment analysis really will benefit my investors. I put a lot of time into this for my own private use, and can pass this along to others in the community through this fund.

I agree with your thoughts on the fee structure. I had that figure in there in order to add predictability to the returns. It would be useful to have the option of employing additional capital if needed.

There are so many issues on GLBSE that are rotten apples right now. There is a bit of a lending bubble right now combined with a huge shift in a large sector of the market (mining). I can provide people with a fund that will get them the best returns possible without taking large risks.

I can provide better returns than NYAN by not capping returns at 1% and 2%.

Edit to avoid double post: I think this product deserves a chance. There are a lot of funds out there, but there is not one that goes after the "blue chip" stocks for value. This product does not exist. You include some issues like YABMC in your BMF package. That stock will probably only payout .06 before ASICs are supposed to arrive. So, at the .13 that it is going for right now, it is essentially a gamble. This is the kind of risk I want to insulate my investors from. I also do the due diligence on Pirate exposure, whether the company is actually mining, or just paying out mining dividends. Finally, I have some good experience in pricing issues which can go a long way in determining yields.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 02:05:02 AM

Final contract terms have been announced(unless there is an oversight). IPO is scheduled for 2 pm EST on Monday. I am working towards getting full verification (minus linked in) on GLBSE. Those who wish to have a copy of my ID please PM me, and I will consider your request. Those who I do confirm for this (3-5 of you) please use some discretion as I would prefer to not have that floating around the internet. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this issue.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 08:30:16 AM

Yet Another Bitcoin Investment Fund

The purpose of this fund is to provide a method for people to securely and easily invest in GLBSE stocks. Our goal is to take as much of the risk out of investing as possible by investing companies that are verified, have plausible business models, and good rates of return. The target rate of this fund is 2.5 percent per week. We aim to have a diversified portfolio with at least 90% capital deployment at any time.

My contract with you the investor.

Net asset value will be disclosed at least once per month. This will be presented as a balance sheet with a breakdown by sector.

There will be no under the table deals. All shares will be issued on the open market with a maximum of a 2% discount to spot price, NAV, or 5 day average.

I will hold a large majority of my own money in this fund. I will also be taking a management fee of 3%. Dividends will be disbursed when no deals are on the market, or when shares are being offered.

No information that could lead to insider trading will be disclosed to anyone. As most of my capital will be in the fund, almost all insider trading risk will be severely limited.

A 67% approval on a motion is necessary to proceed with a wind down of assets. In the event that I can no longer continue as fund manager, assets will be disbursed according to share ownership.

Why Invest with me?

• Let me do the hard work
  • Focus on safe stocks
  • Transparent Operations
  • Good returns
  • Uncapped Returns
  • Low Fees
  • No off-market share sales

Glade I'm setting a bar for Verification, I am always willing to invest a little in someone count me in for a couple of shares. It just takes a couple shares from everyone to get some thing going!

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 03:47:18 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 06:37:19 PM by puffn

YABIF is going live on Monday at 2PM. We will payout all earnings in dividends until all 1000 shares are sold. Shares are 1 BTC each. At this moment, verification of my GLBSE Identity is still not updated. Therefore, I am extending the time for private messages about this matter.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 02:03:20 PM

Have had nothing but Great transactions and communications with puffn, so far will invest with him for sure.

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:08:08 AM

Now verified with everything but facebook. IPO goes live in ~11 hours.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2012, 08:46:59 AM

Might get a few shares to see how it goes Smiley

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:15:55 PM

IPO is live. Get your shares while they are available. There are only 360 shares left.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 12:28:12 AM

How often will you pay out dividends ?

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 02:33:07 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2012, 02:43:09 AM by puffn

I will pay dividends every Monday.

Since there is a lack of bids right now, I want to make it known that I am willing to buy shares back at .95 at any time. Just pm me, and I will put the bid up.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 02:42:22 AM

I will pay dividends every Monday. Since there is a lack of bids right now, I want to make it known that I am willing to buy shares back at .95 at any time. Just pm me, and I will put the bid up.

Thanks.

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 05:11:17 AM

I decided that I am going to release a dividend of .2% every day until all shares are sold. This should make it more fair for early investors. The return per week will be higher than 1.4%. So, this should not be a problem.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 05:50:34 AM

Got a small amount of shares for my personal account and depending how it goes will pick some up for BitcoinRS in future.
Will you have any pirate exposure ? Any assets off glbse ?

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 06:11:21 AM

Less than 10% of assets are planned to be insured pirate pass throughs, however, this is higher right now due to my person assets transferred in being higher than that.

No assets are going to be held off of GLBSE.

0 pure pirate in any company in this fund outside of those.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

OneEyed
aka aurele

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 08:29:56 AM

I decided that I am going to release a dividend of .2% every day until all shares are sold. This should make it more fair for early investors. The return per week will be higher than 1.4%. So, this should not be a problem.

Does this mean that there will be an extra dividend on Mondays in addition to the .2% daily dividend? If there isn't, then the return per week is exactly 1.4%, not higher.

puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 12:59:09 PM

Until all shares are sold there will be a .2% per day. Any excess profits will be distributed on Monday.

Once all shares are sold, dividends will revert to being paid on Mondays only. I will not have my early investors diluted by Sunday sales.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:01:13 PM

Until all shares are sold there will be a .2% per day.

Where is the .2% coming from, have you already started pulling in profits?

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
puffn (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 03:05:30 PM

I have some issues from my personal investments that I transferred in that do not fit the risk profile of this issue that I am liquidating and replacing with equities that do fit the low risk, blue chip issues that I promised would be in this.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: