Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-03-13] Video Tuur Demeester: How to Invest in Bitcoin  (Read 1146 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 08:30:39 PM

Tuur Demeester: How to Invest in Bitcoin

Tuur Demeester explains what is Bitcoin and how he discovered it. He says Bitcoin is important because it is private money and that this is and will be a concern of many people. Demeester tells that while he was looking for solutions to the financial system and spending time in Latin America to get to know how people act, he found Bitcoin in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLwaqlakOWc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:25:35 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 12:18:31 AM by Armis

It's always nice to see new converts share their view of bitcoin.   Still innocent, undefiled by CC scams, ... whooops, I wrote that before I got to 5:50 hahahahaa when he started to talk about the growth of bitcoin. hahahaha followed by referring people to 'localbitcoins' to buy bitcoins, otherwise it was good.

thanks
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:34:06 PM

I think it is great that they have people in South America who know what is going on and how to promote bitcoin. I will be really great if they can establish crypto community there. I heard that their FIATs in South America  are unstable, susceptible to high inflation and bitcoin could be cure for it.
Armis

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:15:09 AM

I think it is great that they have people in South America who know what is going on and how to promote bitcoin. I will be really great if they can establish crypto community there. I heard that their FIATs in South America  are unstable, susceptible to high inflation and bitcoin could be cure for it.

you say that with a straight face, as opposed to a  Smiley or  Grin or even  Huh

Bitcoin is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a stable currency.   Look at 80% of the coin's performance for the YEAR 2014, nothing but downward dog -- talk about inflation.

The whole btc community is waiting, with baited breath, for btc to reach 300, not 3000 or 30,000 but just 300.  My God, that's where the coin was when it was just getting on it's feet two years ago; where's the stability in that?

Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:32:54 AM

I think it is great that they have people in South America who know what is going on and how to promote bitcoin. I will be really great if they can establish crypto community there. I heard that their FIATs in South America  are unstable, susceptible to high inflation and bitcoin could be cure for it.

you say that with a straight face, as opposed to a  Smiley or  Grin or even  Huh

Bitcoin is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a stable currency.   Look at 80% of the coin's performance for the YEAR 2014, nothing but downward dog -- talk about inflation.

The whole btc community is waiting, with baited breath, for btc to reach 300, not 3000 or 30,000 but just 300.  My God, that's where the coin was when it was just getting on it's feet two years ago; where's the stability in that?

I was referring to ability to dual process your income. If you can keep your local currency and bitcoin at the same time it would be ideal.
After all bitcoin as you said is destined to grow, and it will happen eventually, while local south american currencies can only fail of in the best case scenario be somewhat stable.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:13:46 AM

It's always nice to see new converts share their view of bitcoin.   Still innocent, undefiled by CC scams, ... whooops, I wrote that before I got to 5:50 hahahahaa when he started to talk about the growth of bitcoin. hahahaha followed by referring people to 'localbitcoins' to buy bitcoins, otherwise it was good.

thanks
It definitely is interesting to comprehend or see those across the world who've checked in and seen what Bitcoin has done in different markets. The many different minds potentially haven't seen all the intracacies that have happened in the BTC sphere over the last few months and years, or have they? This is what I'm concerned about on a long term scale. The price will do its thing no matter what I think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: