Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:39:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do mods/admins change posts contents?  (Read 1133 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 03:12:10 PM

The reason I'm asking is because I just went to my 21 Million Image thread in Newbie to post (haven't been there lately, cause--you all know), and noticed that 4 different users uploaded images, and they all made the same mistake--wrapping the image links with quote tags instead of image tags. Then they were are corrected, one-by-one, not en masse, hence not a glitch since other posts before and after were working fine. I took screen shots in case I needed proof for some reason.

Another thing is that the none of the other themes (I use default) show the edits. Therefore, I now ask, if a mod/admin does change a post, does that mean it would not show up as an edit like if the original poster were to edit his post?

I await your reply.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:04:43 PM

The reason I'm asking is because I just went to my 21 Million Image thread in Newbie to post (haven't been there lately, cause--you all know), and noticed that 4 different users uploaded images, and they all made the same mistake--wrapping the image links with quote tags instead of image tags. Then they were are corrected, one-by-one, not en masse, hence not a glitch since other posts before and after were working fine. I took screen shots in case I needed proof for some reason.

Another thing is that the none of the other themes (I use default) show the edits. Therefore, I now ask, if a mod/admin does change a post, does that mean it would not show up as an edit like if the original poster were to edit his post?

I await your reply.

~Bruno~

If I remember correctly I did correct a few posts in the 21 Million Image thread when I was still a newbie moderator. I use the Bitcoin Theme and every edit shows up as a small dotted line under the date (e.g. :July 14, 2012, 11:47:08 AM but dotted), including the edits I make as a mod.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 05:56:22 PM

Yeah, all the edits we make are automatically displayed. That being said, although we sometimes fix formatting (quote tags are the worst), we don't change the content of the post, other than to delete sections of posts that were off-topic.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 07:18:37 PM

I have had a post title changed before after OTHER PEOPLE hijacked it. I supposed hijackers get precedence over the OP as usual.
Hijacking threads = ok
saying anything other than something negative about atlas = off topic
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 06, 2012, 07:39:32 PM

I have had a post title changed before after OTHER PEOPLE hijacked it. I supposed hijackers get precedence over the OP as usual.
Hijacking threads = ok
saying anything other than something negative about atlas = off topic
You've already been told that that was a poor judgement call on the mod's part, and we've apologized...

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2012, 08:18:59 PM

No you apologized Maged, for something you didn't do as well BTW. I am not looking for apologies, just a forum where I don't have to worry about getting banned arbitrarily without warning or where trolls and hijackers are restrained from interfering with trading, on a forum created to facilitate a method of exchange. At least one would be good.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 01:31:31 AM

I don't, I only remove links that aren't kosher and to unhotlink NSFW images. I don't like editing posts, even if it's something minor like fixing tags.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 02:14:00 AM

The only reason I bought this is up, like I mentioned, is that I was in my 21 Million Image thread in Newbie and noticed that four different users posted images back-to-back-times-four, wrapping the links in the quote tag oppose to the image tag. So that I don't make the mistake of posting which accounts this happened with, would the mods/admins please check my log-in history this morning and you will see the ones I researched pertaining to that thread. Anybody else you see me checking user history was done for a completely different research. Feel free to PM me if for some reason what I requested is not possible and I'll be happy to comply by supplying the names to you. I do request that each mod/admin go on record in this thread stating that it was not them though, and that they don't do such. I believe BadBear's post could be considered the first to comply, albeit pre-request.

I don't see the dotted line edit thingy under the time stamp showing that an edit took place, using all the themes. I do have the screenshots of said event.

Thank you, all.

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 02:15:53 AM

The only reason I bought this is up, like I mentioned, is that I was in my 21 Million Image thread in Newbie and noticed that four different users posted images back-to-back-times-four, wrapping the links in the quote tag oppose to the image tag. So that I don't make the mistake of posting which accounts this happened with, would the mods/admins please check my log-in history this morning and you will see the ones I researched pertaining to that thread. Anybody else you see me checking user history was done for a completely different research. Feel free to PM me if for some reason what I requested is not possible and I'll be happy to comply by supplying the names to you. I do request that each mod/admin go on record in this thread stating that it was not them though, and that they don't do such. I believe BadBear's post could be considered the first to comply, albeit pre-request.

I don't see the dotted line edit thingy under the time stamp showing that an edit took place, using all the themes. I do have the screenshots of said event.

Thank you, all.

~Bruno~

Another thing is that the dotted line indicating an edit only shows if said edit was made after 5 minutes has passed since the post. Edits before 5 minutes are up don't show.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 03:02:17 AM

Thank you, all.

~Bruno~

Another thing is that the dotted line indicating an edit only shows if said edit was made after 5 minutes has passed since the post. Edits before 5 minutes are up don't show.

Therefore, if a mod/admin made an edit several hours ago, it would be known now by displaying dotted lines. Is that correct?

~Bruno~
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:09:06 AM

Thank you, all.

~Bruno~

Therefore, if a mod/admin made an edit several hours ago, it would be known now by displaying dotted lines. Is that correct?

~Bruno~

The "5 minutes" is time since the post was originally made, not time since edit.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:14:53 AM

Nothing in that topic was edited by a moderator recently.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: