Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:40:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web application penetration test service (ethical hacking)  (Read 5372 times)
xalex (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:35:16 AM

During the time I’ve been active within the bitcoin community I noticed a lot of web applications are being created hosting creative and new ways of benefiting from the fast growing bitcoin economy.

As you know many sites get hacked. Even the big exchanges have proven to be insecure. And the irreversible bitcoin transfers make the loss even bigger.
I aim to help the community and update my professional skills while doing so.

Who am I:
I am a professional network security engineer with years of experience in hacking and improving security on (web) applications and networks.

What I can do for you:
I can test your web application with a hackers point of view. Automated tools are rarely used by me. Manual testing combined with years of practical experience have proven to be far more effective in breaching the security of web applications. Big applications such as trading and exchange sites are no problem.

What I cannot do for you:
I cannot guarantee your website to be 100% safe. Nobody can. I can however guarantee that after the issues I find are fixed, it will be a lot harder to hack your application.
I cannot test web applications without the owner’s permission.

What are the costs:
As almost everybody in this community, I prefer to be paid in bitcoins. Not every web application has the same amount of work. Keep in mind this is a very complicated and specialized task and at this time I am aiming for 10 BTC for a regular sized website. This includes the report with findings and possible solutions.

PM me or reply to this topic for more information.

-xalex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:51:57 PM

The community needs more of this.  Right on!
a nice guy

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:31:21 PM

The community needs more of this.  Right on!

Hey,

I'd think so too, but they all (most of them) want to make money and just don't care about security.
If I were some bad person you would see at least another 10 "****.com got hacked, coins stolen"-threads.

And most of the time you get nothing, someone even sent me 0.001btc, how very, very nice of him :/.

Well, that's how I see it.

kind regards,
a nice guy
BinaryMage

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Ad astra.

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 07:29:27 AM

Can you provide any references?

-- BinaryMage -- | OTC | PGP
xalex (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:57:59 PM

Can you provide any references?

Not yet, and probably not for a while.

I have tested many applications, systems and networks. However, most of these clients are not very keen on telling the results of my work are good because this means they have had (or still have) security issues. Apart from that they are not related to the bitcoin community.

Hopefully, I will be able to provide some references after finishing some jobs within the bitcoin community.

-alex
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: