Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:51:02 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ability to see number of deleted posts  (Read 1243 times)
goozman96 (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:10:31 AM

Hi theymos
Could you implement a feature to display the number of deleted posts in self-moderated threads? When you have threads like this where the vast majority of posts are being deleted by a bot, it's not a good look. Especially since this particular user has another thread with hundreds of pages deleted (that you yourself saw fit to restore in a separate thread). I know you probably are not inclined to revoke Blackarrow's self-moderation privileges, but this could at least be a more palatable compromise in favor of transparency. When people see an exorbitant number of posts deleted from a thread, it'll raise their suspicions at least, as opposed to covering up the truth without any accountability.

Thanks for reading.

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:16:33 AM

Hi theymos
Could you implement a feature to display the number of deleted posts in self-moderated threads? When you have threads like this where the vast majority of posts are being deleted by a bot, it's not a good look. Especially since this particular user has another thread with hundreds of pages deleted (that you yourself saw fit to restore in a separate thread). I know you probably are not inclined to revoke Blackarrow's self-moderation privileges, but this could at least be a more palatable compromise in favor of transparency. When people see an exorbitant number of posts deleted from a thread, it'll raise their suspicions at least, as opposed to covering up the truth without any accountability.

Thanks for reading.

I agree self moderated threads need more transparency. Several (most?) times fishy things happen there.
However this indicator as proposed could lead to anyone adding posts that really need to be deleted, just to fake the stats. Probably adding the number of users whose posts have been deleted would be better? Or even general stats based on those users' trust or activity.
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:12:22 AM

Love the idea and completely 100% agree. I think this would go far in creating a marketplace that has a little more transparency.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:16:00 AM

Agree. I rarely post in self-moderate thread as my post could be deleted anytime. There's still lot of people who post in self-moderate thread and find their post getting deleted. I hope users will be able to see how many posts was deleted. Thus, they will be able to determine if they want to post.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 03:21:13 AM

If this is implemented in self-moderated threads, we could extend it to all deleted posts.
This would give us an idea if posts of a particular user have been deleted by moderators as well.
Wardrick
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 04:47:34 AM

Are you implying that this feature is only added into the market sections, or for all moderated threads in general? Also, would it be a good idea to somehow give the public access to these deleted posts?
goozman96 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:01:10 AM

If this is implemented in self-moderated threads, we could extend it to all deleted posts.
This would give us an idea if posts of a particular user have been deleted by moderators as well.
I think you can already see this. Don't remember the link though

Are you implying that this feature is only added into the market sections, or for all moderated threads in general? Also, would it be a good idea to somehow give the public access to these deleted posts?
idk that's for theymos to decide

BTC: 19DKtsdGfQyFzNiEze9KuFQrWGiLDvg6F1 | LTC: LbV6UGyjYbVP49NvQFmuAnkADcaFYvNagK | NMC: NDCdMJmTmGH54Cezmo3CwSxAC7grAoZJbj
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 05:48:00 AM

Did you mean the modlog.php? There, you can find a log of all the moderation by the staff member (deleted posts, users banned). This is the link : https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php
goozman96 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:44:40 AM

Did you mean the modlog.php? There, you can find a log of all the moderation by the staff member (deleted posts, users banned). This is the link : https://bitcointalk.org/modlog.php
Yes, was waiting for someone to post it. Thanks!

I was wondering why the link I tried wasn't working
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=modlog

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:15:54 AM

Yes, was waiting for someone to post it. Thanks!

I was wondering why the link I tried wasn't working
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=modlog

This represents the last week's deletion.
I was talking more about a cumulative statistic.
Something like "User A has xx posts deleted by moderators in total"
goozman96 (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:16:39 AM

I agree. The more transparency, the better.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:18:29 AM

Supporting this.

This represents the last week's deletion.
I was talking more about a cumulative statistic.
Something like "User A has xx posts deleted by moderators in total"

I don't know if these much transparency is needed.

SimonBeCoinin

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:31:40 AM

Absolutely something like this would be nice.  The se people are taking a feature meant to keep threads on topic and using it to run scams.

A direct link to deleted posts would be helpful also, but anything would help.
yatyatling

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Giveaways, tutorials and more: https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:36:10 PM

I also agree that the number of deleted posts should be shown (and better showing the username too). However, how can I create a self-moderated post? Any previous posts (i.e. activity) or trust needed?

Giveaways, tutorials and more: Visit Ecua.Mobi
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:56:19 PM

However, how can I create a self-moderated post? Any previous posts (i.e. activity) or trust needed?
When you create a New Topic, expand the Additional Options below the post area.  If you're posting to a Forum section that allows self-moderated posts, you should see a checkbox for "Self-moderated".  Some Forum sections don't allow self-moderated threads, but other than that I don't think there are limitations.

For on-topicness' sake, I'll just refer to my previous response on this same topic from 2014:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=523191.msg5800107#msg5800107

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: