Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:56:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st European BTC embassy closes down  (Read 1819 times)
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 06:19:09 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2yzvri/first_european_bitcoin_embassy_shuts_down/
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2yzvvf/first_european_bitcoin_embassy_shuts_down/

full text: http://fuk.io/first-european-bitcoin-embassy-shuts-down/

france was just 1 or 2 days late, yet stayed alive Wink

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:33:27 AM

What the hell..   Where is the police in all this ?

Waiting for a full coverage..
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:24:23 AM

If this is not a hoax or prank then it is concerning.
Well I'll hold my judgment on the reliability of the source for now, but since it is a new story to my knowledge it is something that I will keep a tab on.
That said the story of threats sounds familiar recall BTCGarden had a similar issue with an investor back in the day.

krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:35:35 AM

I wanted to read full text, but it's in Poland language. Anyone have a link to full story in English?

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Kilkenny

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:11:17 AM

Hello,

a link to an english version would be nice.

thanks
bri912678

Activity: 348

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:19:47 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 04:06:08 PM by bri912678

Does it mean like the one in Montreal, Canada referred to in this webpage?

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/brick-mortar-bitcoin-embassies-open-europes-many-bitcoiners/

The first such Bitcoin Embassy came up in Montreal, Canada a few years ago.  It is now established as a non-profit organization and has helped establish many Bitcoin companies in Canada, such as pay-bills-with-Bitcoin service Bylls.  Brick and Mortar Bitcoin Embassies provide space for Bitcoiners to meet and do all the things that they do.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:48:37 AM

I wanted to read full text, but it's in Poland language. Anyone have a link to full story in English?
Yes, why did the English translators just do a part of translation? We are eager to know the full story. It is really hitting the positive image of Bitcoin. 
dzambodzetem

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:24:43 PM

Basically they write that the were intimidated and one of the workers was beaten up, there were loads of bad words, emails and calls with threats. Somebody was not happy that something like Bitcoin Embassy was working. The creators of that embassy got scared and decided to back off and close the place.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:42:45 PM

Basically they write that the were intimidated and one of the workers was beaten up, there were loads of bad words, emails and calls with threats. Somebody was not happy that something like Bitcoin Embassy was working. The creators of that embassy got scared and decided to back off and close the place.

If this story will be confirmed, I think that bitcoin is working very well. Who has threatened them is scared by bitcoin and want all the bitcoin related "services" shut down, now I hope that the police station will intervene and investigate.
bri912678

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:57:37 PM

If this story will be confirmed, I think that bitcoin is working very well. Who has threatened them is scared by bitcoin and want all the bitcoin related "services" shut down, now I hope that the police station will intervene and investigate.

Coindesk says Europe's first is located a stone's-throw from the Warsaw Stock Exchange and Poland’s central bank. That's the last place I would expect people getting beaten up. I would expect that kind of area to be swarming with police 24/7.

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-embassy-launches-polands-capital-warsaw/

Located on Krucza 46 street, right in the city centre, the embassy is a stone's-throw from the Warsaw Stock Exchange and Poland’s central bank – two of the most powerful financial institutions in the Polish economy.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:58:08 PM

I don't think that it is the whole picture here. I doubt that in civilized country you will end your economic and social activity after just after incident like that.
That Bitcoin Embassy is trying to cover something deeper probably.
bri912678

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 09:05:24 PM

I don't think that it is the whole picture here. I doubt that in civilized country you will end your economic and social activity after just after incident like that.
That Bitcoin Embassy is trying to cover something deeper probably.

The Warsaw Bitcoin embassy's website is still online and I could find nothing about it being closed down. I had to run it through Google translate, but there seems to be nothing about it closing on its home page.

http://www.ambasadabitcoin.pl/
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1570

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 09:22:49 PM

That's all bull shit. I haven't followed the story much, but they seem to have had some serious internal conflicts (between founders?) for a long time. There was some heavy dispute about the ownership, lots of accusations etc on Polish bitcoin forum.

Some say they decided to close down in to avoid paying their debts:

Ebassy stays clear 0 without any debts.
 Instead of one – of the person who transparently took part of closing Embassy.

Anyway, it's probably for the best.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 10:23:35 PM

http://fuk.io is fully reliable source, this is not a joke.

soon there will be bigger coverage of the topic in bitcoin magazine, for now fuk.io is the only English source of this.

L

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:28:32 PM

They sold shares?

IPOing is really the bitcoin way...
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:37:10 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 10:53:55 PM by redsn0w

That's all bull shit. I haven't followed the story much, but they seem to have had some serious internal conflicts (between founders?) for a long time. There was some heavy dispute about the ownership, lots of accusations etc on Polish bitcoin forum.

Some say they decided to close down in to avoid paying their debts:

Instead of one – of the person who transparently took part of closing Embassy.

Anyway, it's probably for the best.

We don't know at 100% if it is all BS, maybe someone who lives near their "office" can check what is really happened. Can someone who know the polish language translate all the article in english?

Thanks , it would be very appreciated.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:52:24 PM

They sold shares?

Indeed. It seems like IPOing yourself to richness is the way most bitcoin scammers operate. I cant think of a single IPO that hasn't been a scam lol.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 11:03:04 PM

We don't know at 100% if it is all BS, maybe someone who lives near their "office" and check what is real happened. Can someone who know the polish language translate all the article in english?

They've provided rough translation themselves:
We share translation of the post here, excuse possible grammar mistakes, the sense is kept.
“”Bitcoin Embassy ends its operations at 10.03.2015

Dear People
 Ambasada Bitcoin [Bitcoin Embassy] used to be place of community to meet. Partner and organisator of many conferences, seminars and helper of books and pubications.
 Our existance was making somebody mad. We go loads of bad words, emails and calls with threats.

During last days we were brutally attacked. One of us was beaten op and threatened […] Somebody tried to destory us and really tried to do so.
 [..] We have cancelled all projects and stopped selling shares.
 We did not take any money from new shareholders, we gave back everything we got.

In stead of one – of the person who transparently took part of closing Embassy. […] ”

While there are many rumours the best place to check what happening is polish bitcoin forum and thread at: https://forum.bitcoin.pl/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17001

this is an unique news material to fuk.io – you are allowed to copy it fully or its parts as long as you give clickalbe hyperlink to the original article.
http://fuk.io/first-european-bitcoin-embassy-shuts-down/

They sold shares?

Indeed. It seems like IPOing yourself to richness is the way most bitcoin scammers operate. I cant think of a single IPO that hasn't been a scam lol.

They used a word 'shares' in the translation, although original text (in Polish) refers to bonds not shares. But afaik the embassy was incorporated and has/had share capital.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

In Poland ?
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 08:06:59 AM

1st EU embassy was in Warsaw/Poland, few days later [maybe indeed 1 or 2] France opened one.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:00:50 PM

Who needs a BTC embassy? How do you make sure the people there are representative of BTC? Who pays them? Or do they volunteer?

I've been to a few BTC meetups, that was very informal, but who needs more?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 03:29:40 PM

The Bitcoin Embassy in Tel Aviv are usually the ones that organize the meetups and the conferences and has a lot of services for new and advanced Bitcoiners, it's actually apretty great idea to have an Embassy and I think most of the if not all are volunteers.
pawel7777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 03:39:21 PM

The Bitcoin Embassy in Tel Aviv are usually the ones that organize the meetups and the conferences and has a lot of services for new and advanced Bitcoiners, it's actually apretty great idea to have an Embassy and I think most of the if not all are volunteers.

And such embassies are probably a first place to go for all the local/national media, whenever they need those for the expertise or debates.

But as for the Polish one, I've read somewhere that there were some rather serious money involved, but I cannot figure how did they generate any revenue. I'll check the Polish forum and ask for more details...

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
kingscrown (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:23:16 AM

Who needs a BTC embassy? How do you make sure the people there are representative of BTC? Who pays them? Or do they volunteer?

While other countire have volunteer embassies the polish one was an LTD company with investors, selling shares for their projects and such.
There were many free community events there but it was a company like any other in other businesses.

Hazir
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:05:08 AM

While other countire have volunteer embassies the polish one was an LTD company with investors, selling shares for their projects and such.
There were many free community events there but it was a company like any other in other businesses.

Well if people in other countries can afford run this kind of project as full time job for free they must be rich bunch. In Poland people are not earning much usually, so if you want to run bitcoin embassy as volunteer you either have to work full time and plus do your job in embassy or be rich bitcoin enthusiast to begin with.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄          
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █              
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER  
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: