Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CanaryInTheMine is further abusing the trust system [Fixed]  (Read 4422 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 05:48:27 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 06:10:44 PM by dogie

CanaryInTheMine has previously come under fire for misusing his level 1 DefaultTrust position by adding users into his trust list in return for leaving him positive trust. This further increased Canary's own trust score and power, as well as the addition of many accounts added inappropriately to DefaultTrust. This included newbies, those abusing their level 2 trust and others running questionable operations. He has refused to chance his practises and is further now abusing that self given power at the detriment of the forums. When you put some numbers on the trust network, its pretty shocking case of abuse and centralisation of influence.

There are currently 417 accounts in DefaultTrust lists, of which 211 (53%) are from Canary.
181 (100%) of people who left Canary 'trusted' trust are in DefaultTrust because Canary added them to it
(+ some overlapers).

What is more, he has started abusing his inappropriately self appointed power. He has ~trusted several accounts, including me, aggressively in order to inappropriately shield his own interests. CITM is heavily involved with ASICMiner.

AirWolf - because he put a bounty on information regarding ASICMiner (to regain his investment)
Silverspoon - because he was critical of ASICMiner
SpanishSoldier - because he was critical of ASICMiner
NotLambchop - because he was critical of ASICMiner (although he is a bit hash)

And... me. CITM has refused to respond as to why he has ~'ed me and does not respond to PMs. Its one thing to buff his own ratings, but he is now directly inhibiting the very reason for default trust's existence for his own personal gain. There are currently 10 phising accounts, scam accounts or PM spammers that I am the only trust rating for, which are now unmarked.

Canary should either be forced to alter his negative practises or face removal from DefaultTrust.

Edit:
Canary has repeatedly dodged explaining why he has removed me from DefaultTrust, and refuses to be accountable for his actions. He has since left a negative trust rating for creating this thread and highlighting his abuse of the DefaultTrust system. These are the actions of a desperate man, not one fit to be in DefaultTrust.

I absolutely do not trust dogie. No personal btc were risked, I simply do not trust him whatsoever.

Edit2:
Canary has now been removed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:07:28 PM

What is more concerning is the fact that so many people have left positive trust for FC that are on CITM's trust list that as of now 3 people in the default trust network have now left FC negative trust but FC's trust score is still +150, which is the highest. I ran some tests, and even with 5 negative trust ratings, CITM would still have +150 trust.

I checked a while ago and I think it was everyone that gave positive trust to FC was on CITM's trust list except for maybe one or two, and maybe one or two additional people are both on CITM's list and someone else's list.

As a result CITM was able to make FC and in turn ASICminer much more trustworthy then he really was.

Additionally almost (but maybe all of them) all of the instances where someone in the default trust network turned scammer, or was purchased by a scammer were account's that were on CITM's trust list.
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:38:55 PM

Interesting...

How many people have you left negative trust for that you've never carried out actual deals with, but rather do not like the way they conduct themselves on this forum?

Also, Canary has openly criticized AM with these recent developments, and has been openly sharing information regarding the development of the BE300 (specifically lack thereof), as well as the management.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:43:11 PM

Does this post sound like that of someone trying to protect the interests of AM?

I shared what I know, didn't throw in the towel at all.  My hope is to nudge fc out of his situation, hire a CEO and get rid of Dave and all other people who are not there to serve shareholders.
There was serious infighting between fc and Dave.  Fc is a young guy and people took advantage of him.  He is now the fall guy, a scapegoat.  
The company didn't adjust as it grew with getting good business managers.  Management didn't listen to good external business advise.

The board of directors FAILED the shareholders miserably.  The board should have acted properly in shareholders interests, but what do you expect from a board made up of investors who purchased the seat instead of really doing it's fiduciary duty to the shareholders?  Although a couple board members really tried.
This david guy would be the last person I would invest a penny with (this is my personal view only).  AM is bankrupt.  The question now is, will certain people steal the IP from you the shareholders, find an investor and produce the chip with hopes of making personal gains out of this situation.

I have had a few deals with Canary, and he has been nothing but upstanding and honest. I have nothing to gain from this.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:14:24 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 07:46:37 PM by dogie

How many people have you left negative trust for that you've never carried out actual deals with, but rather do not like the way they conduct themselves on this forum?

You mean the people committing illegal acts and telling me to kill myself? That openly operate using shill accounts and refuse to reveal their main accounts? I am also NOT at trust level 1, nor do I have 180+ people in my trust list simply because they gave me positive trust.

haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:22:07 PM

For someone with such a high position to appoint default trust, Canary does need to be removed for 1) not understanding how trust system works, or 2) understands it but deliberately misuse it. The latter is more true.

I've excluded him (and Maidak) from my trust list, not because I have beef against him, but simply because I don't want his massive trust list affecting mine. You can't add everyone and their mom to your trust list, otherwise all these newb's power are mis-appointed.

I suggest anyone who wants to complain about this also add a "~" to his account name. There are a handful of people that have already done this.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:40:02 PM

That is a huge trust list...mine is 13 total (counting default and old scammer tag). I think it would probably be wise for him to look through the list and trim it down.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:45:17 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 07:59:47 PM by dogie

That is a huge trust list...mine is 13 total (counting default and old scammer tag). I think it would probably be wise for him to look through the list and trim it down.

It is insane, I'm going to post it in full just to demonstrate how silly it is. It is one solution but in the previous thread he was asked to do so and and ignored it. It would remove his own trust at the same time.

CanaryInTheMine
        theymos
        Gavin Andresen
        jgarzik
        Luke-Jr
        Miner-TE
        eleuthria
        luv2drnkbr
        MemoryDealers
        Digigami
        gmaxwell
        E
        zapeta
        bitpop
        SebastianJu
        ipxtreme
        Philj
        os2sam
        yxt
        knybe
        conv3rsion
        bitcoin-rigs.com
        BitcoinEXpress
        Vod
        dtmcnamara
        John (John K.)
        notme
        Mushroomized
        greeners
        dribbits
        echris1
        SaltySpitoon
        bitcoiner49er
        BadBear
        freshzive
        arklan
        glendall
        Pistachio
        tarrant_01
        tbcoin
        ElideN
        TheJuice
        Bees Brothers
        Christoban
        Stale
        af_newbie
        eroxors
        camolist
        MrTeal
        cncguru
        Mendacium
        PsychoticBoy
        Dabs
        mem
        Namworld
        lky_svn
        mr2dave
        DobZombie
        Adrian-x
        gektek
        johnny5
        dyingdreams
        Zillions
        phrog
        Domrada
        Mapuo
        philipma1957
        jborkl
        RicRock
        jmutch
        MonocleMan
        b!z
        CoinHoarder
        absinth
        mitty
        (^_^)
        soy
        super3
        iluvpcs
        batt01
        AirWolf
        xstr8guy
        MJGrae
        mobile
        nubbins
        ThickAsThieves
        hephaist0s
        Rawted
        BitcoinValet
        Timzim103
        Rounder
        Nemo1024
        TheXev
        ibminer
        Mooshire
        Benny1985
        mrbrt
        hanti
        ssinc
        dogie
        Kaega
        finlof
        elchorizo
        fewerlaws
        bitterdog
        Swimmer63
        locksmith9
        Krellan
        Spendulus
        MikeMike
        statdude
        bluespaceant
        Hiroaki
        keeron
        Bigdaddyaz
        Polyatomic
        palmface
        flowdab
        SpaceCadet
        photon
        dwdoc
        xzempt
        jdany
        mackstuart
        bmoconno
        jdot007
        mrtg
        maxpower
        Chris_Sabian
        xjack
        CommanderVenus
        daddyfatsax
        Plesk
        helipotte
        aurel57
        gambitv
        boyohi
        LaserHorse
        joeventura
        xhomerx10
        slashopt
        drofdelm
        canth
        zackclark70
        cdogster
        DBOD
        addzz
        DefaultTrust
        DustMite
        pixl8tr
        namoom
        blblr
        Taugeran
        arc45
        smscotten
        Cilantro
        chadtn
        kinger1331
        guytechie
        rumlazy
        fractalbc
        fforforest
        KyrosKrane
        ZBC3
        rj11248
        bitdigger2013
        Damnsammit
        jaslo
        BorisAlt
        ASICSAUCE
        sidehack
        steelcave
        Rotorgeek
        buyer99
        daddyhutch
        digeros
        west17m
        Trillium
        BrianDeery
        ziggysisland
        devthedev
        ryhan
        zac2013
        atomriot
        metal_jacke1
        Apheration
        johoe
        spacebob
        2byZi
        terrapinflyer
        cxboyminer
        BenTheRighteous
        gsr18
        Paddy
        Jennifer Smith
        BITMAIN
        J_Dubbs
        BitcoinFr34k
        00Smurf
        firejuan
        ldh37
        thomslik
        argakiig
        Cheeseater
        ManeBjorn
        redsn0w
        Ski72
        suchmoon
        Thai
        Silverspoon
        NotLambchop
        Spondoolies-Tech
        KaChingCoinDev
        SpanishSoldier
        sjc1490
        Kialara
        MobyDick_Poloniex
        FACTOM

Yeah. That was font size 6.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:12:30 AM

I PMed him twice to prune his trust list and gave the links to the discussion. He replied and IIRC, removed 1 user. I also recently PMed him(+few others) to tell about FC and others replied but he didn't. When I did the same to philipma1957, he pruned the list in some minutes after reviewing his trust list anf kept us updated in the thread. CanaryInTheMine told he is doing this to catch scammers fast because he has a HUGE list of people and they are efficient in catching.

Gladly, theymos added a 'tidle' option to trust list and it is really useful.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 09:15:50 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 10:57:27 AM by dogie

Which CITM is now also abusing *sigh*

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:26:31 AM

Which CITM is now also abusing *sigh*

Understood what you meant. People who uses default trust list won't see your feedback as trusted but if they add any person who trusts you, then they can see your feedback as trusted.

CanaryInTheMine's exclude list:
AirWolf
dogie
cxboyminer
Silverspoon
NotLambchop
SpanishSoldier

Actually, you should talk to him. He may not have seen your feedback as relevant and excluded you. In overall, I agree with you! He is misusing his power.

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:34:04 AM

I think every users should create his trust list and add only the people who trust. I have heard that trust list isn't moderated, isn't it? However I think dogie is an helpful user and I want to tell you "thanks" for your numerous fantastic threads.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 11:38:37 AM

Actually, you should talk to him. He may not have seen your feedback as relevant and excluded you. In overall, I agree with you! He is misusing his power.

I have tried to, he does not respond. I gave him some time to do so before posting here.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

And... me. CITM has refused to respond as to why he has ~'ed me and does not respond to PMs. Its one thing to buff his own ratings, but he is now directly inhibiting the very reason for default trust's existence for his own personal gain.

I warned people about this when Theymos introduced this feature. I had the privilege of being the very first user to be paid retribution by Theymos personally for leaving a trust rating he didn't agree with and refusing to remove it. Trust exclusions (~) are a way for the highest ranking users in the trust system to have a back door quiet form of retribution to users that is more destructive than a negative trust rating.

Not only does the individual user not trust the excluded user, but anyone who trusts that user will also exclude them from their trust by default, always siding with the highest ranking member. So in effect they are destroying already earned trust ratings just by excluding them, not leaving a single rating where they have to explain themselves. Since the exclusion cascades down the trust list, you could have 3 other people trusting you on the 2nd level default trust.  Then if Theymos, or Canaryinthemine, or one of the highest ranking trust profiles excludes you, anyone who trusts the excluded user and also the default trust would no longer see the excluded user as being trusted. It is just a force multiplier for abuse, and this is just one of the first few cases of it. This system allows for honest traders to have their hard earned reputations extorted by people participating in popularity contests, mobs, account farming, and just plain old nepotism.

Canaryinthemine is clearly negligent in maintaining his trust list at the very best if not purposely exploiting it for personal gain and to protect his buddies.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 05:06:39 PM

I warned people about this when Theymos introduced this feature. I had the privilege of being the very first user to be paid retribution by Theymos personally for leaving a trust rating he didn't agree with and refusing to remove it. Trust exclusions (~) are a way for the highest ranking users in the trust system to have a back door quiet form of retribution to users that is more destructive than a negative trust rating.

Not only does the individual user not trust the excluded user, but anyone who trusts that user will also exclude them from their trust by default, always siding with the highest ranking member. So in effect they are destroying already earned trust ratings just by excluding them, not leaving a single rating where they have to explain themselves. Since the exclusion cascades down the trust list, you could have 3 other people trusting you on the 2nd level default trust.  Then if Theymos, or Canaryinthemine, or one of the highest ranking trust profiles excludes you, anyone who trusts the excluded user and also the default trust would no longer see the excluded user as being trusted. It is just a force multiplier for abuse, and this is just one of the first few cases of it. This system allows for honest traders to have their hard earned reputations extorted by people participating in popularity contests, mobs, account farming, and just plain old nepotism.

TL;DR: I was excluded, so this feature should be removed.

It ia really helpful. I could exclude CanaryInTheMine and other, who are trusted by persons I trust, who misuses trust system.

Canaryinthemine is clearly negligent in maintaining his trust list at the very best if not purposely exploiting it for personal gain and to protect his buddies.

He isn't ready to invest some time on pruning his trust list though it is mist for him if he wants to be in DefaultTrust trust list.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 06:39:51 PM

It ia really helpful. I could exclude CanaryInTheMine and other, who are trusted by persons I trust, who misuses trust system.

He isn't ready to invest some time on pruning his trust list though it is mist for him if he wants to be in DefaultTrust trust list.

The major problem is that CITM is at depth 1, it gives him power above all else especially when he abuses the system for his own gain by selling seats to 50% of DefaultTrust. And in his persuance of that, no one else can stop him removing others from DefaultTrust. There could be 200 other depth 2s that add someone to their trust, but as long as CITM removes them, that's it.

Lets take a look at who is at depth 1:

The first category is comprised of staff
Theymos - We trust him implicitly as an admin
BadBear - We trust him implicitly as an admin
SaltySpitoon - Global moderator
Maged - Global moderator
HostFat - Staff
dserrano5 - Staff
OldScammerTag - Defunct but just how that 'feature' worked

The second includes escrows and account markers
Tomatocage - Marked 100s of false accounts and acts as an escrow
escrow.ms - Marked many false accounts and acts as an escrow
OgNasty - Acts as an escrow
DeaDTerra - Runs investment securities

Then some left over accounts
dooglus - Runs just-dice, marks many likely HYIPs [arguably conflict of interest]
philipma1957 - Bought and sold some hardware

And finally we have CanaryInTheMine, someone who bought and sold some hardware, and then aggressively abused the hell out of the trust system. That doesn't make any sense.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:52:08 PM

I would agree if it mean excluding peoples trust for your account personally, but when you make exclusions as a highly ranked member you automatically make people untrusted by excluding them. It is way more destructive to a persons trust rating than leaving a negative trust rating. It is a tool of extortion, not a balancing force as currently deployed.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:41:49 AM

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:40:15 AM

I do not trust you because of your misconduct with several manufacturers, therefore I added a tilde in front of your name.  That's the reason, I choose not to trust you.

Removed my positive rating of Dogie for the same reason.

Basically his use of these boards is merely to further his advertising sales. Inducing flame wars and bump spam in popular threads is part of that game.

Not really seen any overt abuse by CITM of the system he seems to discuss issues with others and resolves them when there are problems. Dogie has no real leg to stand on given his abuses of the trust system.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:51:08 AM

Hmm interesting, I don't have any say in the matter, but I am curious. Why would you not just leave Dogie negative feedback if you didn't trust him, rather than excluding him from being trusted by others? Seems a little bit harsh. I don't know too much surrounding all of the parties involved with all of the hardware producing companies and the recent shenanigans, and I don't make judgements unless I'm involved or have a significant amount of information proving something, but just because you don't trust Dogie, is your reason strong enough that others shouldn't be able to make their own decisions and add Dogie to their trust lists?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: