Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Closed  (Read 8079 times)
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:38:00 AM

That is such a beautiful Sax.  I want it, but cannot play it, so its really a moot point for me to pull the trigger on it - make me a deal I can't afford to lose and I'll give in and buy it!  (like maybe 2 BTC and I'd give it a new home)

I and the saxophone appreciate the love, but at two bitcoins, I would hold onto it and work my way through sucking until I could play it to its full potential. I'm learning how to play, but at the level I'm at, I can get the same performance out of a student model that is cheaper than a semi pro model. Truth be told, I will probably end up buying the same saxophone again in the future once I can play it to its full potential, because the sex appeal that is produced while playing it is pretty rediculous. It makes me feel like a straight George Michael when playing it. Saxophones are interesting creatures, the crappiest student model that isn't a chinese knockoff is around $500. A semi pro model is around $3-5k, and a professional model rarely is under $10k, often reaching into the $20-30k range and sometimes nearing $100k.

That said, of everything that I'm clearing out, if the Saxophone doesn't sell, I wont be upset in the slightest, I'll just keep playing it.

Just a suggestion, if you learn how to play the saxophone while riding a self balancing unicycle, pretty sure that makes you the coolest person in existence. I can hook you up with both  Wink
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 05:54:16 AM

(But then I gotta compete with THIS guy Sad)

OK lets trade hobbies.  I'll give you a 3d printer & 2 BTC for it!  Now you too have another hobby to invest time in.

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:01:37 AM

OK lets trade hobbies.  I'll give you a 3d printer & 2 BTC for it!  Now you too have another hobby to invest time in.

Hehe, see this is why I always encourage offers in non traditional payment mediums, because Bitcointalk people have cool stuff to offer. It would be tempting, but I already have a CNC Mill that has a convertable 3D printer attachment. Ironically, one of the reasons I'm looking for the extra Bitcoins is to buy the spindel I need. I will have to respectfully decline, but I sincerely appreciate the offer, and am glad the bartering spirit is still alive and well. If someone offers me a goat or something like that, I'm honestly going to have a hard time turning it down.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 06:13:19 AM

Hehe, see this is why I always encourage offers in non traditional payment mediums, because Bitcointalk people have cool stuff to offer. It would be tempting, but I already have a CNC Mill that has a convertable 3D printer attachment. Ironically, one of the reasons I'm looking for the extra Bitcoins is to buy the spindel I need. I will have to respectfully decline, but I sincerely appreciate the offer, and am glad the bartering spirit is still alive and well. If someone offers me a goat or something like that, I'm honestly going to have a hard time turning it down.

so would I Salty....So would I

(consider posting the stuff on bitmarket if you haven't yet in redditland)

Probably be able to sell those musical instruments on bitpremier easily, I rekon.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:02:04 PM

You're quite a cool guy OP.
If I was to say that I'm interested, how much would international shipping be? (UK)

I like to think so, thanks  Smiley

I can look into it tomorrow morning, I can't imagine it would be terribly cheap since its a relatively large / heavy package, however I'll check DHL and a few other carriers that handle freight, and I'll find you a quote.

Shipping the Unicycle to the UK is really not feasible, my first postage quote was around $500, second was a little over $200 with DHL. Sorry about that.
Ouch!  How about shipping to Canada?  I'm still slightly interested because I watched some videos and taking the words right out of your mouth, they are pretty freaking badass.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:32:59 PM

Ouch!  How about shipping to Canada?  I'm still slightly interested because I watched some videos and taking the words right out of your mouth, they are pretty freaking badass.

Shipping to Canada isn't too bad (for the size/weight anyway) USPS quoted $101 for Priority Mail shipping. I'm looking for cheaper options. The Box is 16x18x28 and weighs 30 lbs.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:03:25 PM

I purchased the two gold coins from from the perth mint from Salty, and he shipped them the same day that escrow was funded (even though I made it clear that I was not in a rush to get them), and they arrived in very professional packaging.

If you are looking for a good deal on anything of the above that he is selling, this is the place to look.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:10:33 PM

I purchased the two gold coins from from the perth mint from Salty, and he shipped them the same day that escrow was funded (even though I made it clear that I was not in a rush to get them), and they arrived in very professional packaging.

If you are looking for a good deal on anything of the above that he is selling, this is the place to look.

I appreciate the kind words. Thanks for your business.
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:58:10 PM

I'm not joking. I actually just looked into buying a goat in the US.
I was thinking about getting it shipped to you and then find a family member in the US who'd be willing to hold onto the unicycle until I find a way of bringing it back?

SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:41:47 PM

I'm not joking. I actually just looked into buying a goat in the US.
I was thinking about getting it shipped to you and then find a family member in the US who'd be willing to hold onto the unicycle until I find a way of bringing it back?

Hehe, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I suppose it would have to be a goat + trade for the Unicycle. They sell goats near me on Craigslist for $100-200. I've looked at getting one before, but I'm in a residential area, and the neighbors might not appreciate it. But hell, what do I know, I'm not a mind reader, only way to find out is to get a goat.
bitboy11

Activity: 534
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 02:17:04 PM

Usually I would not consider buying something second-hand that includes a mouthpiece. Tongue
However, I really like the saxophone but it just seems a bit out of my price range for now.
I will keep it in mind though.
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 04:38:01 PM

Usually I would not consider buying something second-hand that includes a mouthpiece. Tongue
However, I really like the saxophone but it just seems a bit out of my price range for now.
I will keep it in mind though.

Well, it comes with two mouthpieces, one is metal and can be boiled/sterilized, the other is plastic and can either be rubbed down with alcohol, or a new plastic mouthpiece can be purchased and slipped on, they are pretty inexpensive. (Can be had for $10-20 on Amazon)

Thanks for your interest  Smiley
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:19:41 PM

Can you do any kind of deal for the Snake and the kangaroo sold together? Do your prices include shipping?

Sure, I'm open to negotiation. For everything listed so far, yes shipping is free to a reasonable extent. For something like the gold/silver, I'd include free priority shipping with tracking. If someone wants something overnighted, or shipped abroad, we will have to work something out.

I'm interested in the watches, the first Piccard and the second grey face once is appealing to me. Could you post the actual photos of the watches? Are there any scratches or dings on the watches?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 05:50:40 PM

I'm interested in the watches, the first Piccard and the second grey face once is appealing to me. Could you post the actual photos of the watches? Are there any scratches or dings on the watches?

Sure, here they are. http://imgur.com/VYWfqlu,KAck9Z5,q851hg9,7jUGNoq,DwOE44c,Y79WIoa#0

No damage on them in any way. A little dusty, as is prone to happen when dusting ceiling fans and such, but nothing that brushing them off wouldnt fix (I have since done so) however they have never been worn, are still wearing the plastic protective sheet on the faces, so no scratches or dings.

macsheadroom

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:05:52 PM

Received power supply and cards today. Awesome deal, I am very happy. Thank You.

1FQkmrwQ7yf9MKGLsAUhY2jgMT8WjepwL7
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:09:31 PM

Received power supply and cards today. Awesome deal, I am very happy. Thank You.

Glad to hear it, thanks for your business  Smiley
RileyNico

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 01:29:30 AM

https://i.imgur.com/TEM8mYvm.jpg   http://btc-priceimg.herokuapp.com/img/50.00

whether, include shipping?
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 02:33:30 PM

whether, include shipping?

Yes, shipping within the US is included. If you are outside of the country, shipping costs can be negotiated.
Riley Nico

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 05:59:45 PM

ok, sorry I just ask
SaltySpitoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:48:47 PM

bump
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: