Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:52:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I require Linux help... specifically SSH...  (Read 2356 times)
Immanuel (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2010, 11:40:39 PM

I am trying to create a SOCKs proxy on my local Bitcoin server. It ends up I have no idea what I am doing. I entered the following commands:

sudo ssh -ND 443 <my server's hostname>@<my ip address>
sudo ssh -ND 9999 <my server's hostname>@<my ip address>

I forwarded the ports on my router. In short, it doesn't work. How do I revert these commands?

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omegadraconis

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2010, 04:00:55 AM

I am trying to create a SOCKs proxy on my local Bitcoin server. It ends up I have no idea what I am doing. I entered the following commands:

I forwarded the ports on my router. In short, it doesn't work. How do I revert these commands?

Run "ps", that should list the processes running. Once you find the pid's of the commands above you can issue a "kill" command for the pid.

You could also use "top" to see a list of the active processes on the system. Once in top if you hit k and then enter the pid it will kill the process.
Immanuel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2010, 01:08:39 PM

Run "ps", that should list the processes running. Once you find the pid's of the commands above you can issue a "kill" command for the pid.

You could also use "top" to see a list of the active processes on the system. Once in top if you hit k and then enter the pid it will kill the process.

Alright, I'll try this when I get home. Port 22 is blocked at my school. >_< Thank you!

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12976

View Profile
September 09, 2010, 01:39:55 PM

You would run these commands with the SSH on the non-server computer. Then you'd connect to localhost:443 or localhost:9999 with SOCKS. Also, it's remoteUsername@remoteIP; you're connecting to the user at the IP.

You could use antinat to set up a SOCKS server on your server. Then you wouldn't have to run SSH on the non-server computer.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Immanuel (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2010, 01:46:37 PM

You would run these commands with the SSH on the non-server computer. Then you'd connect to localhost:443 or localhost:9999 with SOCKS. Also, it's remoteUsername@remoteIP; you're connecting to the user at the IP.

You could use antinat to set up a SOCKS server on your server. Then you wouldn't have to run SSH on the non-server computer.
Yeah, I see where I am going wrong. Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: