Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:02:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized escrow  (Read 583 times)
nihilnegativum (OP)

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 01:29:57 PM

Does anyone know of any attempts to make platforms of decentralized escrows? In principle this should not be a lot harder than decentralized markets or uber.
xqus

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:36:23 PM

Like a decentralized database of escrow providers? What would the benefits be?
Because escrow services exists in so many ways and places, and are therefore already decentralized.

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
nihilnegativum (OP)

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 01:48:06 PM

Like a decentralized database of escrow providers? What would the benefits be?
Because escrow services exists in so many ways and places, and are therefore already decentralized.
I don't care for decentralization in itself, I'm interested in robustness of the systems and their organization.
The providers exist in specific environments, so their reputation etc. is limited to that, the plus would be the universality of escrow and if it would be a platform, the ability to implement it in other projects that require it.  I'm mostly interested in how (if there are any) those platforms would organize trust, similarly how the decentralized governance platforms try to organize consensus on decisions.
xqus

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:50:19 PM

I only know of https://www.bitrated.com/

I'm not sure what you need, atleast they have an API.

PGP fingerprint: B17233A1 || Bitrated user: xqus ≡ Free trust agent || LocalBitcoins ≡ Buy bitcoins locally
Wallet and Exchange security ≡ A security overview of wallets and exchanges. (forum thread)
nihilnegativum (OP)

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:44:11 PM

I only know of https://www.bitrated.com/

I'm not sure what you need, atleast they have an API.
Thanks, thats exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I only found BitHalo, they have some interesting mechanics.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 03:59:27 PM

As soon as I saw chargeback, I thought there is a potential for fraud.

A guy on this board posted a method of using any two signatures out of 3 as a partial system of escrow. I thought that was a good idea.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
xqus

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:28:46 PM

As soon as I saw chargeback, I thought there is a potential for fraud.

A guy on this board posted a method of using any two signatures out of 3 as a partial system of escrow. I thought that was a good idea.

The chargeback is controlled by the trusted party. Like in an normal escrow. The only difference is that the trusted party cannot steal the bitcoin.
In fact Bitrated uses a method of using any two of three signatures to sign the transaction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: