Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust  (Read 1775 times)
Decksperiment (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:24:44 AM

Please make the trust system for business users only, if there was no business, abusers get banned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:27:16 AM

LOL. The trust system is not moderated, and I can say with a good amount of certainty that it is not going to be moderated in the new forum either.

If you had to actually do business with someone in order to leave them trust then it would be impossible to stop someone from scamming in the first place
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:40:33 AM

Your missing the point. This system (trust) is clearly, and by admission of many, not just used to help people decide if folks are trustworthy, but to tarnish the reputation of people who simply do not do business online, and those receiving this abuse, if they ever wanted to do business here, they would be put off doing business with the ENTIRE bitcointalk community, for not a lot of folks know who is who really, do they..?

Ok, I volunteer to be the moderator for the trust system, and I'll have one rule.. if someone is slandered using the trust system, and there is clearly no business intention viewable by the public, then those doing the neg repping will be banned outright.

Simple.

This will hopefully clean up a bit of the reputation bitcointalk has thanks to scammers and abusers.

Maybe even get more to TRUST bitcoin.

Edit: And more importantly, bitcointalk user's. Wink
rikkie

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:57:09 AM

Your missing the point. This system (trust) is clearly, and by admission of many, not just used to help people decide if folks are trustworthy, but to tarnish the reputation of people who simply do not do business online, and those receiving this abuse, if they ever wanted to do business here, they would be put off doing business with the ENTIRE bitcointalk community, for not a lot of folks know who is who really, do they..?
The trust system is to help someone decide if they are trustworthy or not. If you exhibit scam like behavior then you should expect to get negative trust and have your reputation ruined. If you do have negative trust then people will likely take additional precautions when dealing with you, making it more difficult for you to scam.
Ok, I volunteer to be the moderator for the trust system, and I'll have one rule.. if someone is slandered using the trust system, and there is clearly no business intention viewable by the public, then those doing the neg repping will be banned outright.
There is not a shortage of people who are willing to moderate the forum. There is the concern about moderation abuse of the trust system.

As I mentioned above, if you must do business with someone in order to leave a trust rating then it will be impossible to stop someone from scamming (like yourself) in the first place.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:14:35 AM

The trust system is to help someone decide if they are trustworthy or not. If you exhibit scam like behavior then you should expect to get negative trust and have your reputation ruined. If you do have negative trust then people will likely take additional precautions when dealing with you, making it more difficult for you to scam.
There is not a shortage of people who are willing to moderate the forum. There is the concern about moderation abuse of the trust system.

As I mentioned above, if you must do business with someone in order to leave a trust rating then it will be impossible to stop someone from scamming (like yourself) in the first place.

Point 1: I know how the trust system here, and many places work, this site just need's an upgrade.. So it's ok for me to give neg rep to EVERY member on bitcointalk, with link's to the police cro db, just for good measure? Because then no-one would do business here, can you see how even attempting to create a RELIABLE trust system is being shot down so far? How many folks have you neg rep'd, whilst there was no actual business or transactions being considered?

Point 2:  There is the concern about moderation abuse of the trust system. <- yeah? so give that job to me, then no-one need be concerned, if they are genuine.

Abusers of the trust system are WORSE than scammers.. they get away with it and are STILL allowed to trade, whilst scaring of lesser trusted members who just may be the richest folk in town.
rikkie

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:31:22 AM

Point 1: I know how the trust system here, and many places work, this site just need's an upgrade.. So it's ok for me to give neg rep to EVERY member on bitcointalk, with link's to the police cro db, just for good measure? Because then no-one would do business here, can you see how even attempting to create a RELIABLE trust system is being shot down so far? How many folks have you neg rep'd, whilst there was no actual business or transactions being considered?
If you gave everyone the exact same trust rating then they would likely be removed for being spam. This is one exception to the no trust moderation policy.
Point 2:  There is the concern about moderation abuse of the trust system. <- yeah? so give that job to me, then no-one need be concerned, if they are genuine.
I don't think you understand the problem with moderating trust. If you were to moderate it then you would be biased. We obviously do not want a scammer moderating trust left by people.
Abusers of the trust system are WORSE than scammers.. they get away with it and are STILL allowed to trade, whilst scaring of lesser trusted members who just may be the richest folk in town.
People with negative trust are still able to trade. If you are not a scammer then you can trade honestly and build your reputation so that you can prove that the negative trust ratings you received are unjust
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:33:22 AM

You want to moderate the trust system, and you don't even know what slander means?   Roll Eyes

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:47:18 AM

If you gave everyone the exact same trust rating then they would likely be removed for being spam. This is one exception to the no trust moderation policy.
I don't think you understand the problem with moderating trust. If you were to moderate it then you would be biased. We obviously do not want a scammer moderating trust left by people.
People with negative trust are still able to trade. If you are not a scammer then you can trade honestly and build your reputation so that you can prove that the negative trust ratings you received are unjust

1: Dunno where you came up with that, trust would be down to those doing the trusting, was there business being considered? btc/monetary exchange's being discussed? If NOT, why accuse someone of being untrustworthy because you had a falling out over pub banter? I'll use the user the joint as an example.. dis-trusting me because I chose not to answer many of his posts, then, by his own admission, abused the trust system. I'm not sore about this, but it did make me bring up this thread. Then there's the vod character, again, another user trying to FORCE his way against someone not interested, tada.. abuse again.. was there a transaction in this case? Well, even I did say I would pay x-amount for.. did he provide the product? NO. In the end, I get the neg-rep, because I would'nt deposit money in escrow first.. where would he deposit his address if I dont trust escrow? I would rather he deposited it in something I trust, but since I dont do business onnline, do I deserve the neg rep? Clearly not, for he clearly went on the offensive bringing more members into the argument, me, I held my ground, for I was NOT in the wrong, for there is NO trustworthy person I know of (yet) in the bitcoin community.. am I biased? No, and old enough not to be, not only that, but as will become clearer in shorter time than the new site, I am an excellent problem solver, better than most. Did you see how I dug in until I found the truth in the scientific proof of god thread? Do you have that patience, to get to the truth?

2: Your suggesting over and over I'm a scammer, based on what, a couple of clearly trust abusing members? Have fun..

3: Obviously, but why should ANYONE have to do that, if they dont conduct business? (hence making trust for business/deals)

How much will that cost the site in reputation alone? How much has it cost it already?
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 01:48:14 AM

If your speaking to me vod, your still on perm ignore..

Here's hoping the main admin pays attention here..
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:59:24 AM

Here's hoping the main admin pays attention here..

I agree.  Last thing we need is an uneducated brainwashed liar with any kind of power!

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:03:43 AM

Tum ti Tum.. and if I were a mod for the trust system, I would make my reasons public, maybe even have a vote/poll for my decisions.. I'm pretty sure vod is at it again, but we all have eye's to see.. Wink and scum to get rid of..
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 02:06:16 AM

I do notice the only time you post that you're ignoring me is when I address something to you.   Cheesy

If I post something in one of your threads to another person, SOMEHOW you know it's not about you and you ignore it. 

I doubt anyone respects you enough to give you a mod position.  Your arguments with baddecker show your state of mind.

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:15:50 AM

You have no idea how close the police are now dude, final request for action against you and oyo has been received by admin, not threatening, but stating my intended actions of police involvement.. your clearly that dumb you dont know that when your not logged in, ignore does'nt work.. get ready for the police homeboy, cause tomorrow this goes to the EU court's, for your stalking/trolling. Lets see bitcointalk avoid the police when they allow a paedophile to stalk/troll/harass ie, cyberbully other members, and do nothing about it. EU law dickhead..

Not sorry if I keep you on  ignore, but watch the attitude of admins change later today.. cya..
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:38:21 AM

There will not be a point where the trust system is moderated in any way, theres no point to having it if someone can moderate it. Just because someone leaves someone negative feedback, doesn't mean it effects the person with the negative feedback against them in any way. If you left negative feedback for everyone for no reason, people would just disregard it. If Vod left me negative feedback for having the letter Q in my name, people would disregard it, and trust Vod's feedback of others even less. If I left Vod feedback for having the name Vod, my feedback would be worthless and people would no longer trust me. The point being, the trust system isn't a definitive means of judging trustworthiness, and no one should take the green/red letters and numbers with much value until they read the specifics for why those points were given.

I dont think the current system is perfect, and sure modifications will be made as progressive ideas for improving it are made, but moderating it is not one of them. Limiting who can or can't leave feedback is also a feature that will not be added at any point.
ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:38:49 AM

bla bla bla..
So it's ok for me to give neg rep to EVERY member on bitcointalk, with link's to the police cro db, just for good measure? Because then no-one would do business here

Yes, that's ok. Because then everyone will exclude you from their trust lists for posting useless feedback. Your arguments are horrible. Your understanding of the trust system is flawed. Your supposed fix (Hey, give me absolute power!) is laughable. And you derailing your own thread to argue with Vod is beyond silly.

You also might want to evaluate if some/all of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions#Symptoms apply to you. From just reading your posts in this thread I get the feeling that you have a strongly inflated ego.

PS.
Sorry for the ad hominem, but I genuinely think you might benefit from some self-evaluation.
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 05:41:12 AM

It would be useless for business owners only. Meanwhile, you'd have people still selling stuff all around the forum, new altcoin IPOs to be made, and more ponzis.

At another point, some legitimate person needs to be able to build their own reputation and launch a service later on which they will use the trust they gained.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:51:42 AM

Let's make a real example, for understand better what is the real purpose of the trust system:

I received a negative trust from Quickseller (and I accept it, no problem) but it doesn't mean I am a scammer or something like that. If you read :

"Refused to take personal responsibility when he messed up an transaction he was handling escrow for. The situation resolved itself because of a policy exception by a forum administrator.

He may be a honest person however should not be trusted to hold funds for others nor to handle any kind of escrow"

That's true at 99%, because first I refused to take my personal responsabilty but at the end I "recovered" the forum account and all the situation turn back (with the help of  the community). I have made a mistake (didn't change the email) and someone screwed up me (and I "screwed up" the two parts , moreia and lihuajkl).

At the end I want to say, that the trust system is not only for a business purpose but for a lot of things.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 02:54:52 PM

So by reading the comments of the admit, the trust system is meaningless? So why have a trust system in the first place as all just love abusing the trust of a person by leaving them negative feedback. People will just start putting false claims and leave everyone negative feedback for no reason. It just looks nonsensical to me to have a trust system when nobody has any respect for it and consider it a JOKE.

Decksperiment (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 03:03:36 PM

This is why I offer myself as moderator of the trust system, because I would not stand for crap, and cannot be biased, if I know NO-ONE here, and will not do business here, due to this trust business model, I know how to clean it up, please show your support, and give me the moderator position as volunteer..

If I can find out that VOD/OYO arte two in the same, face abuse for at least 6 months after both their denial's, is'nt this evidence that I can in fact get to the truth?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10800982#msg10800982

Is'nt this what we want, a decent moderator know one can bribe?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:04:34 PM

So by reading the comments of the admit, the trust system is meaningless?

It isn't.

So why have a trust system in the first place as all just love abusing the trust of a person by leaving them negative feedback.

You shouldn't judge a person because of trust feedback. You should look the reference or look more about it.

People will just start putting false claims and leave everyone negative feedback for no reason

It is already happening. Check scam-busters profiles such as Vod.

It just looks nonsensical to me to have a trust system when nobody has any respect for it and consider it a JOKE.

First look more about the matter and then make a feedback here. There are many impersonators here. It is hard to tell who is impersonating and who is not.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: