Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:38:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GREAT FAUCET  (Read 1212 times)
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 11:43:39 PM

The newbie having the bright idea to get around a potential ban is pretty smart and he gains your emails as well lets hope he does not do some fishing in future weeks/months. Never trust newbies money makers especially for a few satoshi it is hardly worth it is it guys?  Cheesy

Well, you can always avoid getting put on these email lists by using expendable email addresses (you can create one in a couple of minutes after all), or simply by using the appropriate temporary email sites, like Mailinator (http://www.mailinator.com - "Free. Disposable. Email."). Wink
asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:07:42 AM

The newbie having the bright idea to get around a potential ban is pretty smart and he gains your emails as well lets hope he does not do some fishing in future weeks/months. Never trust newbies money makers especially for a few satoshi it is hardly worth it is it guys?  Cheesy

Well, you can always avoid getting put on these email lists by using expendable email addresses (you can create one in a couple of minutes after all), or simply by using the appropriate temporary email sites, like Mailinator (http://www.mailinator.com - "Free. Disposable. Email."). Wink

So you would go threw the trouble of making new disposable emails to earn 7200sats an hour hitting that captcha running the risk of getting your computer infected.

I would go with what he is saying never trust a newbie money making scheme it will never end well and for less than a penny a day why run the risk?

u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 12:47:48 AM

So you would go threw the trouble of making new disposable emails to earn 7200sats an hour hitting that captcha running the risk of getting your computer infected.

I would go with what he is saying never trust a newbie money making scheme it will never end well and for less than a penny a day why run the risk?

Oh, don't get me wrong; I don't believe faucets are really worth the trouble, unless you have good marketing skills and can get the referrals, and/or some form of automating the collection of coins from several such sites.

I was merely pointing out that there are easy ways to avoid the problems he was referring to, which can come not only from newbies on this forum, but just about any service that forces you to register an email address to be able to use. For that reason, I personally like to keep a few addresses in use, so that I know what should and shouldn't be received in each one, and can easily abandon them if needed. Also, the site I mentioned, Mailinator, is no trouble to use at all: you make up some random address; give it to whomever is asking; and check to see what you received in the site - great for non-private, temporary emails that you don't plan on reusing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: