Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Community run eCommerce store  (Read 1315 times)
buybtc (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 07:00:54 AM
Last edit: March 13, 2015, 07:20:19 AM by buybtc

Hello folks,

I have access to a slew of products that can be sold for BTC / , or other cryptos. The only problem is there is a slight bit of start-up costs to launch such a project.

So I came up with an idea to let the community reap the benefits of such a store , by giving back 95 % of the profits back into the crypto of your choosing in exchange for a small forward payment to launch it ( details soon to come ) . The products will be ipads, children toys , music gear ( amps ) , automotive ....just about any category you can get your hands on. The prices will be very competive also.  Does anyone know of a "community run eCommerce" store ?  I'd be even willing to share profits with people who don't even help monetarily  to get it off the ground. As long as you support it that is all I care about.   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks.

edit: I should clarify when I saw 'community run store' all that is needed is to pay the monthly hosting bill ( and maybe on or two things ). Maybe, someone could help with SEO work, Social Media  all would be paying positions.
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lorenzo

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:45:20 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. The closest thing I can think of right now is FreeMarket. It's not really an eCommerce store but rather a decentralized marketplace similar to eBay. Profits from trading fees are distributed to those who hold FreeMarket assets on the NXT asset exchange.

edit: I should clarify when I saw 'community run store' all that is needed is to pay the monthly hosting bill ( and maybe on or two things ). Maybe, someone could help with SEO work, Social Media  all would be paying positions.

You will also need a domain name and an online store/shopping cart script.
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:21:29 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. The closest thing I can think of right now is FreeMarket. It's not really an eCommerce store but rather a decentralized marketplace similar to eBay. Profits from trading fees are distributed to those who hold FreeMarket assets on the NXT asset exchange.

Ah never heard of that checking it out. Yes, that is what I would like to do . Where the purchased you make go right back into the holdings you have in whatever cryptos.

I have the onlinestore/shopping cart already.  I'll use the community to come up with a name.

At the moment the costs for this would be around $100 a mo ( so far ) .  I think its a great opportunity for people to get involved in their own company, for which they can run themselves.
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:35:59 PM

Anyone else have feedback ? or, what do you think about the idea ?
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 09:45:29 PM

Perhaps, this topic should be moved (or started again) to the securities subforum as typically that's one of the areas coin holders go to when thinking of investing coinage. In this particular venture, the startup costs seem extremely modest tho which is a positive as most people have become very choosy and ultra conservative w/ parting w/ their coins because of past bad actors. You'll probably need to get this listed on some exchange and provide some logistical financial layout (however small) or prospectus rather than just a general outline of the concept. I just know of all the other models and pitches that I've seen.
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 10:07:25 PM

Perhaps, this topic should be moved (or started again) to the securities subforum as typically that's one of the areas coin holders go to when thinking of investing coinage. In this particular venture, the startup costs seem extremely modest tho which is a positive as most people have become very choosy and ultra conservative w/ parting w/ their coins because of past bad actors. You'll probably need to get this listed on some exchange and provide some logistical financial layout (however small) or prospectus rather than just a general outline of the concept. I just know of all the other models and pitches that I've seen.

Hi!  basically, its investing in it via Bitcoins/Fiat even a mo.  to cover costs and the profit going on can be in the form of whatever crypto people want.. Right, a prospective would be good true. I'll see what I can put together. Thanks for the reply.
litecamel

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:06:44 PM

Let me know if you need any graphic design or photoshop work. Smiley
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:30:43 PM

Let me know if you need any graphic design or photoshop work. Smiley

Thanks I'll let you know Smiley
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 12:25:32 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2015, 05:30:43 PM by Gleb Gamow

Ah never heard of that checking it out. Yes, that is what I would like to do . Where the purchased you make go right back into the holdings you have in whatever cryptos.

I have the onlinestore/shopping cart already.  I'll use the community to come up with a name.

At the moment the costs for this would be around $100 a mo ( so far ) .  I think its a great opportunity for people to get involved in their own company, for which they can run themselves.

Until it scales, your monthly outlay should be no more than $10 a month. During the scaling process, funds would be readily available to afford paying for any needed extra bandwidth.

Conjuring up a marketable brand/domain name is not that much of a challenge compared to carving out a niche oppose to marketing to the masses via the same ol' hackneyed approaches.

SEO is easy, as so is maintaining named social media outlets. Again, carvin' out a niche is where the money's at.
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:17:10 AM

I have the onlinestore/shopping cart already.  I'll use the community to come up with a name.

At the moment the costs for this would be around $100 a mo ( so far ) .  I think its a great opportunity for people to get involved in their own company, for which they can run themselves.

Until it scales, your monthly outlay should be no more than $10 a month. During the scaling process, funds would be readily available to afford paying for any needed extra bandwidth.

Conjuring up a marketable brand/domain name is not that much of a challenge compared to carving out a niche oppose to marketing to the masses via the same ol' hackneyed approaches.

SEO is easy, as so is maintaining named social media outlets. Again, carvin' out a niche is where the money's at.

Yes, its basically equal to that I figured I'd have to pay initial upfront costs on some other things but the overall overlay is about that much. I have the brand/domain and I have the products ready to be shipped. Marketing was what I was thinking would be a bitch , but sense its community owned maybe it might be easier I don't know ?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:07:48 AM

first failure is to use a hosting plan.. seriously advise you to have NO private keys on hosts.
too many people have failed at this. and yet it still happens.

if you cant afford you have your own local servers

simply have a secure home based PC that you use to upload a csv file of public keys only to the host.
so that the host can publish payment addresses, but where the local home PC does the sweeping of funds. far far far away from third party host control.

another idea is to join the development teams of the existing online shops that are similar to ebay. and use your skills to make improvements to them to get them more main stream

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 10:46:19 AM

Sounds interesting. Not sure if it can be fully community run because in the end, you still need administrator to take care of the sites even though the script can be left running on its own. Probably something like an ebay concept where it functions just the same like a marketplace for people to do listing and can paid solely in btc. And no fiat please.

buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:39:11 PM

first failure is to use a hosting plan.. seriously advise you to have NO private keys on hosts.
too many people have failed at this. and yet it still happens.

if you cant afford you have your own local servers

simply have a secure home based PC that you use to upload a csv file of public keys only to the host.
so that the host can publish payment addresses, but where the local home PC does the sweeping of funds. far far far away from third party host control.

another idea is to join the development teams of the existing online shops that are similar to ebay. and use your skills to make improvements to them to get them more main stream

Hi Franky1,

This is going to be using Coinbase/Bitpay so not sure about having to have control of the keys.  But, I get what you are getting at.
buybtc (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 05:41:06 PM

Sounds interesting. Not sure if it can be fully community run because in the end, you still need administrator to take care of the sites even though the script can be left running on its own. Probably something like an ebay concept where it functions just the same like a marketplace for people to do listing and can paid solely in btc. And no fiat please.

Will the orders are taken care of ( as they are full filled by a 3rd party ) . All that is needed is marketing and maintaining the product feed.  It will be all alt-coins , but mostly Bitcoin.  No fiat is fine. When  I say 'community run' is anyone can take part in it and of course anyone can get rewarded back in a crypto of their choice.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:06:27 AM

Hi Franky1,

This is going to be using Coinbase/Bitpay so not sure about having to have control of the keys.  But, I get what you are getting at.

so the site is going to be the product selection ebay-esq side, and utilising coinbase for the paypal-esq payment handling side.
seems worthy of doing, especially the pay username facilities and deposits-withdrawals would be covered by coinbase, for universal user friendliness of average joe who cant yet fully understand public keys and still in a semi fiat mindset.

.. you have peaked my interest

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: