Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:31:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like Mars One is a scam in the making!  (Read 2502 times)
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:21:16 AM

$18+ trillion in debt and the hole just keeps getting deeper.
As far as the space program, I'm afraid we peaked with the Apollo missions.
Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:47:06 AM

I'm surprised this program hasn't been widely denounced as a hoax or at least blatantly not possible. Anyone who knows anything about space travel would know such an organization such as this could never pull a mission like this off nor would they ever be able to get even a fraction of the funds needed to do so. It's a complete joke.

Has there ever been a time when America wasn't in debt? I'm sure they were billions if not trillions in debt during the other missions too. The thing with debt is its never meant to be paid back fully nor would it be possible to do so. It's all about just trickling the money back in a constant cycle.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:52:20 AM

It makes me wonder if it was indeed a scam. Aren't there any investigations going to happen in the company involve?
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:55:53 AM

I'm surprised this program hasn't been widely denounced as a hoax or at least blatantly not possible. Anyone who knows anything about space travel would know such an organization such as this could never pull a mission like this off nor would they ever be able to get even a fraction of the funds needed to do so. It's a complete joke.

Has there ever been a time when America wasn't in debt? I'm sure they were billions if not trillions in debt during the other missions too. The thing with debt is its never meant to be paid back fully nor would it be possible to do so. It's all about just trickling the money back in a constant cycle.

Also known as kicking the can down the road. Not sure about how long that can last, there´s probably a tipping point there at some point. I would expect increasing frequency of market crashes of 50% magnitude or more.

2003, 2008 it´s overdue at this point most likely. Which probably explains the increasingly desperate warmongering these last years.

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 12:04:16 PM

Cost is even worse than I thought
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/news/background/facts/astp.html_prt.htm
(bottom of first paragraph)

$10,000 per pound to get something into space  Shocked
When I go backpacking my pack normally weighs 35 pounds, that is the cost of a decent house  Cheesy
dulldog

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 01:08:55 PM

Shit. I mean lol but there're real candidates who bet their lives on that project  Sad

Well at least they're not going to die in alone in space now, but I don't have any sympathy for them on any time or money they may have wasted on this project. I've said it was a scam since day dot.

Hum. Rough but reasonable.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: