Bitcoin Forum
September 07, 2024, 09:24:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading with low amounts? Does it make sense?  (Read 2684 times)
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 06:51:08 AM

Short term trading is still profitable if you know how to, and got some luck.

pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 10837

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 07:51:27 AM

I do altcoin trading only and my problem is it's difficult to trade with big quantities of money because the volumes are not big enough to sell at good prices. For example trading with 10 BTC alone can start being a pain in the ass. You buy tons of a cheap altcoin, worth 10 BTC. Wait for a pump, then you intend to sell at the top but there isn't enough people to buy all the cheap coins you bought for 10 BTC. So you are pretty limited to stablished coins which are few, like Monero, Litecoin, or the other few that have a decent amount of volume.
i do altcoin trading too, because i was able to profit more from trading altcoin than trading bitcoin. but i am still a beginner and still learning stuff.
i have the same problem as you, that the trade volume mostly is not big enough for big profits. so i try to invest in a couple of coins so the sum is big, but it is too much work...

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:22:32 AM

I do altcoin trading only and my problem is it's difficult to trade with big quantities of money because the volumes are not big enough to sell at good prices. For example trading with 10 BTC alone can start being a pain in the ass. You buy tons of a cheap altcoin, worth 10 BTC. Wait for a pump, then you intend to sell at the top but there isn't enough people to buy all the cheap coins you bought for 10 BTC. So you are pretty limited to stablished coins which are few, like Monero, Litecoin, or the other few that have a decent amount of volume.
i do altcoin trading too, because i was able to profit more from trading altcoin than trading bitcoin. but i am still a beginner and still learning stuff.
i have the same problem as you, that the trade volume mostly is not big enough for big profits. so i try to invest in a couple of coins so the sum is big, but it is too much work...

Isn't altcoin trading most efficient when there's a bubble bursting and you effectively only have to short on max leverage to make a quick buck!? Cheesy

networthsigns

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 10:27:49 AM

You are so off topic with that quote above oblivi, the question was does trading with low amounts make sense?

Not how trading with 10btc in altcoins is a pain in the ass but trading small amounts of bitcoin, does it make sense?

Yes op to me it is worth it but not for good profit but to get used to what you are doing it is always good to start small and if you go in nice profit then even better but after fee's and potential small losses i would not do if for profit but for experience.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: