Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:33:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Banned without any reason provided  (Read 2350 times)
havecoch2 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 07:15:23 PM

Hi, my account
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=153332
has been banned.
on logging in it shows banned to post or send a personal message.

And just recently got banned for no reason. I read the forum about a lot of other accounts getting banned, but I have been not spamming the forum. Then why was it banned ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 07:19:21 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:46:15 AM by grue

OP, what's the exact whole message? On most cases the ban is made for spam or spam-ish (low quality) posts like one-liners not too related with OP.
Does it include a time for the ban? If not it may be permanent.

havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 07:37:40 PM

It doesn't mention a time period. It asks me to appeal at an email given. I actually bought the account a month back from another user. But since I didn't spam or anything I don't understand why was it banned now, if incase the original owner spammed with it.  
tmfp
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737

"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:05:51 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:46:30 AM by grue

Hi, my account
has been banned.

And just recently got banned for no reason. I read the forum about a lot of other accounts getting banned, but I have been not spamming the forum. Then why was it banned ?

I'd say an unhealthy (for you) conjunction of signature campaign, recently bought account, hardly substantial posting and a crack down on sig spam will probably be your reason.

Extraordinary Claims require Extraordinary Evidence
havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:05:24 PM

I'd say an unhealthy (for you) conjunction of signature campaign, recently bought account, hardly substantial posting and a crack down on sig spam will probably be your reason.
Yes it might have been if I was spamming. I have legit posts, and I mostly only post on weekends, as I work on the rest of the days and don't really spend much time on the forum. I was not given a reason yet, so I am not sure it is spamming or something else the reason behind ban. Can moderator clear it up ?
GoodMerchant

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:54:50 AM

this must be your 3rd time getting banned so this is permanent?
havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:56:26 PM

this must be your 3rd time getting banned so this is permanent?

Nope not the third time I suppose. I am still waiting for an admin to reply with the reason of the ban.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 06:42:19 PM

Were you posting from another account and this account you bought? If so then it's considered a ban evasion and hence it's a permanent ban. You can send the admin a request after 30 days.

199th

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:02:48 AM

Hi, my account
has been banned.

hi man, i have a problem like you
my account got banned with no reason
your last account is back or not?did admin here explain their reason?
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:39:37 AM

This is an issue if you are buying an account. You don't know how many times it has been banned, and if any other account of the seller, whether it is still in the seller's hands or sold gets banned then yours get banned too. Even worse, your main accounts then can get caught in it.

Conversely, if you bought an account and spammed with you the seller is in trouble. There is no way of knowing if the account was actually sold or faked.

Best thing to do, make your own account and contribute.
havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:42:42 AM

Were you posting from another account and this account you bought? If so then it's considered a ban evasion and hence it's a permanent ban. You can send the admin a request after 30 days.
Nope, this is the only account I have and was banned.

hi man, i have a problem like you
my account got banned with no reason
your last account is back or not?did admin here explain their reason?

Not exactly the same problem, as you have a ban for only 14 days. My account doesn't show a timeline, looks like a permanent one.

This is an issue if you are buying an account. You don't know how many times it has been banned, and if any other account of the seller, whether it is still in the seller's hands or sold gets banned then yours get banned too. Even worse, your main accounts then can get caught in it.

Conversely, if you bought an account and spammed with you the seller is in trouble. There is no way of knowing if the account was actually sold or faked.

Well, it would have made sense if a ban happened before, but it doesn't make sense why the ban happened right now. I haven't been spamming, so why was it banned ?
peligro

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 08:54:57 AM

Well, it would have made sense if a ban happened before, but it doesn't make sense why the ban happened right now. I haven't been spamming, so why was it banned ?

If the seller's other account got banned so will be yours. You took that risk when you bought it.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 10:56:32 AM

I don't know if you are actually participating in a discussion or trying to increase post count and thus, payment. This is same with admins. They can't know either. So you should put more effort in posting. Honestly, your posts looks spammy to me. Smiley

Everything is subjective, sometimes 100 meh quality posts spammed in a 1 day time frame catches a moderator/admin's attention more than 10 poor quality posts. There aren't post limits, however it goes without saying that at a certain point its hard to maintain post quality. People aren't banned on a whim, time is spent investigating especially in these situations where it isn't copy and paste/quote/smiley face/ +1 spam. Sometimes people spam meh - ok quality posts, but when you read the threads they are posting in, their posts aren't completely related or they are just reiterating prior posts to get the post count up or they are posting in threads that have already drawn a conclusion, and they are just reiterating points. People that post very frequently especially those with paid advertising signatures catch more attention sometimes than small spammers. Trust has no impact on bans or ban duration, while admittedly account age/status does minimally if I'm being honest. No one has a free ticket to spam, but a newbie with 5 of 10 of their post count being low quality are more likely to get a severe ban, than a member who has been active and posting high quality posts for a while, and slips up and spams a bit.

As I said, there are no rules on post count, you can post every 10 seconds if you wish, but the chances of your posts being quality decrease when you impose quotas.

I highlighted part which is the most common issue imo

will i get a perm banned next time?

I tend to consider sig spam bans a class of their own, as in I don't generally lengthen the duration due to previous bans, unless you are truly a bad poster or there are some other special considerations.

Second what is sig spam? Is there a sticky that has a in depth answer like less than 10 words, posts within 5mins, 100 posts a day, 300 a week etc

A tendency to make posts in order to boost your post count, and you have an ad in your signature, particularly one that pays you per post. There is no secret invisible line that you shouldn't cross in terms of numbers, it's mostly subjective. 

There are people who just don't post very well in general, post "too much", or don't really have anything to say, they just like to participate in the community and post. This itself is fine. But when you add an ad to these kinds of posters, it's difficult or impossible to tell if they just aren't quality posters or if they are attempting to boost their post count. I used to err on the side of caution here because I do not want to ban the former, just the latter, but too many of the latter are slipping through the cracks because it's very difficult to gauge someone's intentions. This is the main thing that has changed lately.

havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:04:54 AM

I don't know if you are actually participating in a discussion or trying to increase post count and thus, payment. This is same with admins. They can't know either. So you should put more effort in posting. Honestly, your posts looks spammy to me. Smiley

Ok, if that is it, which it isn't. Then the admin is supposed to let me know about it.
I have sent messages to the admins but haven't got a reply yet.

And its easy to say a post is spam, if you consider it after being banned. But they aren't. And it was permanently banned which makes it seem the spamming wasn't the reason.

If the seller's other account got banned so will be yours. You took that risk when you bought it.

I checked, his account hasn't been banned.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:21:06 AM

Ok, if that is it, which it isn't. Then the admin is supposed to let me know about it.

And its easy to say a post is spam, if you consider it after being banned. But they aren't. And it was permanently banned which makes it seem the spamming wasn't the reason.

Maybe the reason is another one, and not only the sig ad that you are wearing. I think the signature campaign "will be" banned in the next few month (because it is impossible to stop the spammer and who make insubstantial posts ).
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

If the ban appeal is denied, just try appealing again in 30 days. While permanent bans are permanent, sometimes Admins will reconsider if you haven't caused any issue and wait 30 days, sometimes longer.

so a permanent banned account still have chance to be unbanned if they wait 30 days then post appeal here?
There is a chance however it is not a guarantee that your appeal will be granted. A ban that has a specific timeframe will automatically expire, assuming that you do not later evade your ban. A perm ban however will not automatically expire.

If you try to evade your ban by posting outside of meta then you will likely quickly get your other accounts banned which will result in you waisting your money from either buying accounts that get banned or your "proxy tax" aka what you pay for registering an account with units of evil going to waste.

Maybe the reason is another one, and not only the sig ad that you are wearing. I think the signature campaign "will be" banned in the next few month (because it is impossible to stop the spammer and who make insubstantial posts ).

Chances are high but it would be more appropriate to enforce *signature campaign rules*.

peligro

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:35:53 AM

Not only his account, but any of his accounts which he is selling, or he has sold and was banned. All connected accounts will face the ban.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2015, 12:39:25 PM

but I have been not spamming the forum

You bought the account? Are you aware of the deleted posts?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
peligro

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:13:42 PM

but I have been not spamming the forum

You bought the account? Are you aware of the deleted posts?

As I guessed. This is another good reason you shouldn't buy accounts.
havecoch2 (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 05:47:07 PM

It has been 2 weeks since it was banned. I sent email and message to admins but haven't got  any reply yet. Can someone tell me why the ban is permanent ?

I read that account with signatures bans will be able to use their accounts without signature. Can that be done ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: