Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:11:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When the New Madrid fault rocks our world, Chicago's fucked!  (Read 848 times)
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:03:05 PM

Reason? Each time a train is within a mile of my home, my chair shakes due to the vibration of the house. A few seconds later, the train horn blows as it approaches the crossing that's a half a mile away from here. This is true of either direction the train in coming from, and from the slight shaking I'm able to ascertain with a high degree of accuracy which direction the train's coming from, the error rate mostly caused by what position I'm setting in on the chair.

Further proof that the soil beneath us in this part of Illinois is extremely soft susceptible to myriad wave motion caused by an earthquake hundreds of miles away. That said, to protect my family from certain doom, I'm moving them all to the southeast corner of Idaho where its rocky, for I don't want to be killed by a natural disaster like an earthquake, et al.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rockBTC

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:50:33 AM

Reason? Each time a train is within a mile of my home, my chair shakes due to the vibration of the house. A few seconds later, the train horn blows as it approaches the crossing that's a half a mile away from here. This is true of either direction the train in coming from, and from the slight shaking I'm able to ascertain with a high degree of accuracy which direction the train's coming from, the error rate mostly caused by what position I'm setting in on the chair.

Further proof that the soil beneath us in this part of Illinois is extremely soft susceptible to myriad wave motion caused by an earthquake hundreds of miles away. That said, to protect my family from certain doom, I'm moving them all to the southeast corner of Idaho where its rocky, for I don't want to be killed by a natural disaster like an earthquake, et al.
isnt that a bit drastic? moving your family because something may or may not happen
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:27:53 AM

isnt that a bit drastic? moving your family because something may or may not happen

No! We want to be close to Yellowstone is all.  Shocked
(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:10:57 AM

ROFL! You crack me up, Gleb. You might want to consider moving to the moon. If Yellowstone does end up having a violent eruption as predicted it could have the same devastating effect on all life on earth equal to the extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs.

I suggest you move to the bottom right corner of Idaho, if you do end up remaining on Earth with the rest of us, just to be assured you and your family wouldn't suffer like those outside the 'kill zone'.

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:18:55 AM

If Yellowstone goes I'm not sure it will matter what your geographical location is. A supervolcano like Yellowstone is 10,000x bigger than Mt. Saint Helens for example and will block out the sun for at least a decade. The resulting ice sheet covering the continents will be miles thick and will grind our frozen civilization into a fine powder.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:21:43 AM

ROFL! You crack me up, Gleb. You might want to consider moving to the moon. If Yellowstone does end up having a violent eruption as predicted it could have the same devastating effect on all life on earth equal to the extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs.

I suggest you move to the bottom right corner of Idaho, if you do end up remaining on Earth with the rest of us, just to be assured you and your family wouldn't suffer like those outside the 'kill zone'.

I am really concerned about Yellowstone. They have roads melting and tons of animals leaving.  Shocked

notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 02:41:39 AM

Canadian terror suspect 'planned to blow up Yellowstone supervolcano in hopes of triggering a catastrophic natural disaster'

A man on trial in Canada for an alleged plot to derail a passenger train wanted to trigger a catastrophic natural disaster by blowing up Yellowstone Park, his trial heard.

Tunisian student Chiheb Esseghaier spoke of the 'death and destruction' an eruption of the massive supervolcano beneath the national park would cause in the US, the court heard.

'Wouldn't it be great if my enemies' worst national disaster could happen?' an undercover FBI agent reported Essaghaier, 30, as saying, according to the The Canadian Press.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2958266/Canadian-terror-suspect-plans-blow-Yellowstone-volcano-trigger-catastrophic-natural-disaster-U-S.html
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:20:21 AM

Did I say Idaho? I meant the gulf coast of Texas with its beautiful beaches and all.
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 06:10:59 AM

Did I say Idaho? I meant the gulf coast of Texas with its beautiful beaches and all.

I've been to Texas, it's awesome! I had a great time there.

Recently, I've been dreaming of moving to Argentina.

Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:09:08 AM

I've been to Texas, it's awesome! I had a great time there.

Recently, I've been dreaming of moving to Argentina.

Oh my fuckin' God! Where did you find that pic of those beautiful waterfalls?
(oYo)

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 07:59:09 AM

I just Googled "Iguazu Falls", although I'm certain it's not the falls you're really talking about.  Tongue

My dad visited the Iguazu Falls during his hunting trip in Argentina and I've fallen in love with them ever since he showed us pictures.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: