Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XBS] Bitstake | For everyday digital currency tasks ---- SCAM!!!! BEWARE  (Read 3080 times)
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:03:48 AM

This coin...no wait, company/brand is doing just fine thanks...and will continue to do so my friend.  Regardless of your lame FUD or not....you need to think bigger.

TrueAnon you're as blind and clueless as to what's being done to you as the next Bitstake fan that can't think clearly through the obvious scam issues occurring with this project. Before just shutting off from the view I'm expressing here and declaring me "a fudder who just wants cheap coins" think about these issues:

1. There is NO valid point to XBS. Bitstake is supposedly a Nigerian remittance business that will allow people to remit funds to family and friends in Nigeria via Bitcoin. Supposedly they've created a business that will earn revenue from the 1% remittance fees involved in each transaction. But WHERE OH WHERE does XBS (the coin) fit into this model? Simply put, it doesn't. There is no dependence on XBS to be the conduit for these remittance transactions because the whole thing works via BTC. What then would create demand for XBS? Nothing.

2. The dev talks on and on about the "Bitstake business" and how much more important it is than the price of XBS yet there are no details of this 'business', no information about where it is, what its structure is (i.e. directors? VC funding? Nigerian business registration?), the number of employees, its current and forecast revenue. Nothing. Zip.

3. One of the key and fundamental features of the Bitstake 'platform' is the SMS wallet supposedly allowing Nigerians to send and receive money without an Internet connection using SMS on their mobile phones only. Yet the SMS gateway is in Canada! This means a Nigerian based in Nigeria wanting to use this feature has to send an international SMS! Now stop and think for a moment. How many Nigerians are likely to send international SMSes regularly? And what would the likely cost of sending an SMS to Canada be by comparison to one locally within Nigeria? If you were that Nigerian about to start using Bitstake because it's a Nigerian business supporting Nigerian people and you were told you had to send SMSes to Canada to use the SMS wallet what would you think? Is this even remotely real?

4. When the dev moved the Bitstake 'platform' "onto new hardware" a week or so ago he also moved it onto a new domain. Bitstake.info was then left with nothing on it (no message or auto-redirect) meaning all those "thousands of customers" we've been led to believe are already signed up to the platform would've gone to bitstake.info only to reach a "This web page not available - connection timed out" screen. Four days later, after me highlighting how completely and utterly ridiculous, unprofessional and so obviously scam-ridden such a thing was, bitstake.info was suddenly directed  to the new bitstake.co domain so the site reappeared and it was made out like it was always working (but it wasn't because I'd checked numerous times across those four days....that's four days of "customers" thinking Bitstake.info was gone....hardly even remotely real is it?)

5. And the latest complete and utter BS the dev is lauding over you all:

Bitstake exchange not working - Not true
Only a Nigerian IP can access the exchange, foreign users are blocked out due to their state laws. If you sell bitcoin to Naira, how are you planing to cash out to naira. Considering the latest Fincen stands on USA companies, I am sure most of you will consider that as a good move.

....how very convenient. We can't see the Bitstake Exchange where Nigerians are now supposedly buying and selling Bitcoin! Hilarious! So not even a screen shot! No...nothing....it's not for our eyes! (because, frankly, with no reference to it via Google and no indication what domain it's sitting on or how it interfaces with bitstake.co, IT CLEARLY DOESN'T EXIST!)

Your words...

company/brand is doing just fine thanks.

...have not been at all considered and thought through before you've uttered them. How do you know this is a "company". How do you know its "doing just fine"? You don't. You most likely have no information and surety of this. You're going off the dev's occasional postings that take this continual tone of "high moral ground" against the "fudders" but he offers nothing of substance to back up his claims.

Honestly TrueAnon, you're just being worked and worked and worked over. There is no Bitstake 'business'. It's all just a never ending attempt to get the price back up a little more so the dev can exit from his XBS stash with far more BTC than would be afforded by pricing in the 17,500 sats region that XBS has crashed to because of all the red flags. By stringing you all along for a bit more, he's expecting he might get back to the +100,000 days again for the big exit.

If this was even remotely a real project, all he'd have to do to increase the legitimacy tenfold is show us the 'business' (where it is, how it's functioning, what it's doing, how XBS is an integral part of the model) and BE REAL. But, unfortunately, I'm not expecting that any time soon as the whole thing just looks like one ridiculously 'scammy' set up designed to have people keep buying XBS and pushing the price up. There just doesn't appear to be anything more behind it than that.

I'm sorry that so many have been hoodwinked so badly. Until the dev can rectify all of these so-obvious issues and make the thing far more transparent and open, it's just a disaster and will continue to cost people dearly.

I had a decently long, somewhat drawn out reply half written for you...but honestly, what's the point??  It's obvious you've made up your mind and anything I say will just be shot down by yourself.  

I can't answer all those technical aspect of your comments so that's out.  As for xbs itself, well everything in crypto is a risk and it's DYOR.  I (and others) have taken the time to do so with xbs and found it legit/solid enough to make it a worthwhile investment.  With some more time I'm sure you'll see some decent results if you care to keep an eye on it, instead of trying to "save" everyone.

I won't bother stating the stuff like "you're doing fud to bring the price lower" since it's stupid.  Sure it's going to have ups/downs but what coin doesn't in the alt scene.  Every single coin is manipulated...xbs is probably no different.  This dev/team work differently from others and you have to realize that (maybe it's a culture/English thing, I don't know).  Even their marketing/etc you can tell is made for the masses which is probably not North American based.  I really don't know why you have such an issue with it...even your final comment you HINT at the fact it still may not be a scam...so then???

Anyway, if you're looking for answers I'm afraid I'm not your guy (for now at least).

Well thank you for at least responding decently and not doing the "you're just fudding" thing (which is such a lame response when someone's attempting to highlight serious issues).

I can't answer all those technical aspect of your comments so that's out

Unfortunately this is (partly) why this has been going on for as long as it has. There is a serious lack of technical knowledge within the fan base on the XBS thread. People are just not aware of just how completely misleading the whole thing is. There are such gaping holes in the story on so many levels, and technically, you could drive trucks through why so much of it doesn't stack up/is not legitimate.

Yes, I agree every single coin is manipulated; even the really good ones. But the manipulation going on here with XBS is on another level altogether and this dev has managed to pull together many fans who've bought right in to 'the story' and aren't using any sort of basic critical thinking to work out what's missing from the whole affair.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:06:25 AM

This coin...no wait, company/brand is doing just fine thanks...and will continue to do so my friend.  Regardless of your lame FUD or not....you need to think bigger.

TrueAnon you're as blind and clueless as to what's being done to you as the next Bitstake fan that can't think clearly through the obvious scam issues occurring with this project. Before just shutting off from the view I'm expressing here and declaring me "a fudder who just wants cheap coins" think about these issues:

1. There is NO valid point to XBS. Bitstake is supposedly a Nigerian remittance business that will allow people to remit funds to family and friends in Nigeria via Bitcoin. Supposedly they've created a business that will earn revenue from the 1% remittance fees involved in each transaction. But WHERE OH WHERE does XBS (the coin) fit into this model? Simply put, it doesn't. There is no dependence on XBS to be the conduit for these remittance transactions because the whole thing works via BTC. What then would create demand for XBS? Nothing.

2. The dev talks on and on about the "Bitstake business" and how much more important it is than the price of XBS yet there are no details of this 'business', no information about where it is, what its structure is (i.e. directors? VC funding? Nigerian business registration?), the number of employees, its current and forecast revenue. Nothing. Zip.

3. One of the key and fundamental features of the Bitstake 'platform' is the SMS wallet supposedly allowing Nigerians to send and receive money without an Internet connection using SMS on their mobile phones only. Yet the SMS gateway is in Canada! This means a Nigerian based in Nigeria wanting to use this feature has to send an international SMS! Now stop and think for a moment. How many Nigerians are likely to send international SMSes regularly? And what would the likely cost of sending an SMS to Canada be by comparison to one locally within Nigeria? If you were that Nigerian about to start using Bitstake because it's a Nigerian business supporting Nigerian people and you were told you had to send SMSes to Canada to use the SMS wallet what would you think? Is this even remotely real?

4. When the dev moved the Bitstake 'platform' "onto new hardware" a week or so ago he also moved it onto a new domain. Bitstake.info was then left with nothing on it (no message or auto-redirect) meaning all those "thousands of customers" we've been led to believe are already signed up to the platform would've gone to bitstake.info only to reach a "This web page not available - connection timed out" screen. Four days later, after me highlighting how completely and utterly ridiculous, unprofessional and so obviously scam-ridden such a thing was, bitstake.info was suddenly directed  to the new bitstake.co domain so the site reappeared and it was made out like it was always working (but it wasn't because I'd checked numerous times across those four days....that's four days of "customers" thinking Bitstake.info was gone....hardly even remotely real is it?)

Only a Nigerian IP can access the exchange, foreign users are blocked out due to their state laws. If you sell bitcoin to Naira, how are you planing to cash out to naira. Considering the latest Fincen stands on USA companies, I am sure most of you will consider that as a good move.

....how very convenient. We can't see the Bitstake Exchange where Nigerians are now supposedly buying and selling Bitcoin! Hilarious! So not even a screen shot! No...nothing....it's not for our eyes! (because, frankly, with no reference to it via Google and no indication what domain it's sitting on or how it interfaces with bitstake.co, IT CLEARLY DOESN'T EXIST!)

Your words...

...have not been at all considered and thought through before you've uttered them. How do you know this is a "company". How do you know its "doing just fine"? You don't. You most likely have no information and surety of this. You're going off the dev's occasional postings that take this continual tone of "high moral ground" against the "fudders" but he offers nothing of substance to back up his claims.

Honestly TrueAnon, you're just being worked and worked and worked over. There is no Bitstake 'business'. It's all just a never ending attempt to get the price back up a little more so the dev can exit from his XBS stash with far more BTC than would be afforded by pricing in the 17,500 sats region that XBS has crashed to because of all the red flags. By stringing you all along for a bit more, he's expecting he might get back to the +100,000 days again for the big exit.

If this was even remotely a real project, all he'd have to do to increase the legitimacy tenfold is show us the 'business' (where it is, how it's functioning, what it's doing, how XBS is an integral part of the model) and BE REAL. But, unfortunately, I'm not expecting that any time soon as the whole thing just looks like one ridiculously 'scammy' set up designed to have people keep buying XBS and pushing the price up. There just doesn't appear to be anything more behind it than that.

I'm sorry that so many have been hoodwinked so badly. Until the dev can rectify all of these so-obvious issues and make the thing far more transparent and open, it's just a disaster and will continue to cost people dearly.

I had a decently long, somewhat drawn out reply half written for you...but honestly, what's the point??  It's obvious you've made up your mind and anything I say will just be shot down by yourself. 

I can't answer all those technical aspect of your comments so that's out.  As for xbs itself, well everything in crypto is a risk and it's DYOR.  I (and others) have taken the time to do so with xbs and found it legit/solid enough to make it a worthwhile investment.  With some more time I'm sure you'll see some decent results if you care to keep an eye on it, instead of trying to "save" everyone.

I won't bother stating the stuff like "you're doing fud to bring the price lower" since it's stupid.  Sure it's going to have ups/downs but what coin doesn't in the alt scene.  Every single coin is manipulated...xbs is probably no different.  This dev/team work differently from others and you have to realize that (maybe it's a culture/English thing, I don't know).  Even their marketing/etc you can tell is made for the masses which is probably not North American based.  I really don't know why you have such an issue with it...even your final comment you HINT at the fact it still may not be a scam...so then???

Anyway, if you're looking for answers I'm afraid I'm not your guy (for now at least).

Well thank you for at least responding decently and not doing the "you're just fudding" thing (which is such a lame response when someone's attempting to highlight serious issues).

Unfortunately this is (partly) why this has been going on for as long as it has. There is a serious lack of technical knowledge within the fan base on the XBS thread. People are just not aware of just how completely misleading the whole thing is. There are such gaping holes in the story on so many levels, and technically, you could drive trucks through why so much of it doesn't stack up/is not legitimate.

Yes, I agree every single coin is manipulated; even the really good ones. But the manipulation going on here with XBS is on another level altogether and this dev has managed to pull together many fans who've bought right in to 'the story' and aren't using any sort of basic critical thinking to work out what's missing from the whole affair.

I didn't say you are fudding I was asking what is your big problem with this coin you post about it everyday? Personally I think it has some really great technology and it has been marketed harder than any other coin I have ever seen in the mainstream i.e. outside world. You are welcome to have your opinion, I don't have a personal problem with you. However I wonder why you pursue it with such venom?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:20:22 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2015, 04:26:52 AM by RenegadeMan

This coin...no wait, company/brand is doing just fine thanks...and will continue to do so my friend.  Regardless of your lame FUD or not....you need to think bigger.

4. When the dev moved the Bitstake 'platform' "onto new hardware" a week or so ago he also moved it onto a new domain. Bitstake.info was then left with nothing on it (no message or auto-redirect) meaning all those "thousands of customers" we've been led to believe are already signed up to the platform would've gone to bitstake.info only to reach a "This web page not available - connection timed out" screen. Four days later, after me highlighting how completely and utterly ridiculous, unprofessional and so obviously scam-ridden such a thing was, bitstake.info was suddenly directed  to the new bitstake.co domain so the site reappeared and it was made out like it was always working (but it wasn't because I'd checked numerous times across those four days....that's four days of "customers" thinking Bitstake.info was gone....hardly even remotely real is it?)

Your words...

I had a decently long, somewhat drawn out reply half written for you...but honestly, what's the point??  It's obvious you've made up your mind and anything I say will just be shot down by yourself.  

I can't answer all those technical aspect of your comments so that's out.  As for xbs itself, well everything in crypto is a risk and it's DYOR.  I (and others) have taken the time to do so with xbs and found it legit/solid enough to make it a worthwhile investment.  With some more time I'm sure you'll see some decent results if you care to keep an eye on it, instead of trying to "save" everyone.

I won't bother stating the stuff like "you're doing fud to bring the price lower" since it's stupid.  Sure it's going to have ups/downs but what coin doesn't in the alt scene.  Every single coin is manipulated...xbs is probably no different.  This dev/team work differently from others and you have to realize that (maybe it's a culture/English thing, I don't know).  Even their marketing/etc you can tell is made for the masses which is probably not North American based.  I really don't know why you have such an issue with it...even your final comment you HINT at the fact it still may not be a scam...so then???

I didn't say you are fudding I was asking what is your big problem with this coin you post about it everyday? Personally I think it has some really great technology and it has been marketed harder than any other coin I have ever seen in the mainstream i.e. outside world. You are welcome to have your opinion, I don't have a personal problem with you. However I wonder why you pursue it with such venom?

ItsAj you've responded to the posts I was interacting with TrueAnon on.

Your response to me previously was

Everyday you talk badly about XBS every single day, you have no proof to back anything up it is pure speculation on your part. Personally I think you are afraid of the coins success because it's getting big media attention unlike any other coin Wink

Can I ask do you own any XBS?

...and you'll have to scroll up to see my response to that.

I don't think I'm "pursue(ing) with such Venom" but I am highlighting what I can see is an obvious façade designed to trap people. The history of where this project has likely come from, the people involved and the damage of their past projects means this is yet another one for the "oh no, looks like dev has dumped his stash and left the building!" scrap heap. I enjoy being involved with crypto but I won't stand by and witness this stuff happening in a specific project (when I become aware of it) without highlighting the likelihood of it happening again, as good people come into crypto all excited about investing and then get burned beyond recognition. It's ruining it for everyone and Bitstake looks to be just more of this same crap.

RenegadeMan

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:03:29 PM

A post from the Bitstake ANN thread. Saved here as it will be no doubt deleted from the other thread shortly.

Really. awesome website? Looks like a cheap template to me, Just like all the other sites out the in the crypto world

Yes. But neordicICE, you have levels of naivety going on here that are truly gobsmacking. People "investing" in XBS here are just falling over themselves to lose their hard won BTC to what is so obviously a dodgy operation.

Look at the Contact page for goodness sake. How many "businesses" taking deposits from people and providing a financial service have this for their contact page?

Not even an enquiry form let alone details of where this is, address, phone numbers, etc.

This stupidity just goes on and on...

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:24:29 PM

Sooo yeeaahhhh...news?
DrQuackfromHashtag

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:25:39 PM

Sooo yeeaahhhh...news?

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhcyqO4mvuI&feature=youtu.be
TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:50:42 PM

Exchange is in beta/stress testing now, just released today.

Where's the FUDDERS at?! LMAO.

Price already going up.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: