Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: will ethereum be a success?can ethercoin or ethers be the new bitcoin?  (Read 1303 times)
wagabee london (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:09:44 PM

will ethereum be a success?can ethercoin or ethers be the new bitcoin?

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
venomdog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:15:36 PM

Yes of course it is going to be the best coin out by far i think it will stay low in price for a week and then everyone will leave bitcoin and buy in to it and make the price go to the moon, probably more than bitcoins all time high.

That will be really cool can't wait for my coin to be worth a fortune and over take bitcoin in market cap and users Smiley

Really ? Its shame being a senior member you are turning out to be senior spam in here.
wagabee london (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:17:40 PM

where can a download a etherwallet?when can people buy ethercoins or ethers?

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
autodiv

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:18:08 PM

Depends on how well the code works and if they actually do a good job of marketing. If they just sort of push it out there and do not stay aggressive in trying to get people to use it it could end being 'yet another altcoin' which nobody needs. I think they will get a lot of interest when they release so it is important the software is actually polished. They have more time than most to produce something usable.

asuryan180

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:20:13 PM

Yes of course it is going to be the best coin out by far i think it will stay low in price for a week and then everyone will leave bitcoin and buy in to it and make the price go to the moon, probably more than bitcoins all time high.

That will be really cool can't wait for my coin to be worth a fortune and over take bitcoin in market cap and users Smiley

Really ? Its shame being a senior member you are turning out to be senior spam in here.

Hardly spam it is called sarcasm buddy, if someone asks a stupid question they will get a stupid answer. So for an honest answer in danger of being a senior spam lol

No op that will not be the new bitcoin but it can be a success if it comes out on the 20th in working condition and not a fail.

liliwang

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:37:33 PM

i will prolly buy some when it out  Grin

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:53:50 PM

it will be the mother of all dumps
venomdog

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:12:17 PM

Hardly spam it is called sarcasm buddy, if someone asks a stupid question they will get a stupid answer. So for an honest answer in danger of being a senior spam lol

No op that will not be the new bitcoin but it can be a success if it comes out on the 20th in working condition and not a fail.
Sorry my mistake then.. too many altcoin promoters here. But I now get your sarcasm.
asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:44:10 PM

Sorry my mistake then.. too many altcoin promoters here. But I now get your sarcasm.

No problems friend i should have been a bit more clear i guess, but i didn't want to come across like a meany to the op if i am honest. I am a bitcoiner forever and i just don't want to believe anything can take it's place.

The amount of support it has and the amount of money that has been invested, all the wonderful minds trying to improve it is just to much for something so new to take it's place but that does not mean i don't think ether coin can not be successful because it most certainly can Smiley

Always research and if you like what you see op then invest but don't get carried away with hype bud.

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:52:30 PM

The first real test will come when the ether starts trading. Will the ether be worth more or less than people paid for it both in terms of XBT and USD.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 10:53:05 PM

Even if it stays at more-or-less the presale price, you'll get a lot more ether for your fiat thanks to Bitcoin's overall drop since the pre-sale.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 10:54:38 PM

The first real test will come when the ether starts trading. Will the ether be worth more or less than people paid for it both in terms of XBT and USD.

DRASTICALLY less.  It's going to be a shitshow, an absolute barrel of laughs.  Cheesy
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 01:54:35 AM

Even if it stays at more-or-less the presale price, you'll get a lot more ether for your fiat thanks to Bitcoin's overall drop since the pre-sale.

The NXT Devs are basically saying, "Bring it on"...
On the theory that once people see how complicated Ethereum is...
NXT will look super user-friendly and attractive by comparison.

Let's face it... there is Gen 2.0 platform fatigue in CryptoLand...
There are very few people salivating to go up the learning curve on yet another incompatible platform.

We need a SuperNET for platforms that sings kumbaya in 160 languages.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 02:07:01 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 02:26:51 AM by benthach

no.
ethereum and ripple are premined scam
also the name ethereum is nonsense

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:36:02 AM

Nothing new to offer, much hype much coins
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 07:49:47 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 08:40:15 AM by TaunSew

Nothing new to offer, much hype much coins

Too many people got caught up in the bubble, ate up the hype and thought blockchain was a lot bigger than it really was.   Today we have people like Jeffrey Robinson, the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank who put the estimates of users at 250,000 and less.  No alternate, not even Litecoin, even hits 25% of that tiny estimate.

Good news:  Bitcoin's user base does appear to be exponentially doubling every 8 months.

Bad News:  It's still obscure as hell and probably needs a good 6 years until it can rival the early search engines.

In Ethereum's case - they played a lot of people for suckers.  Google in the mid-1990s only received investments in the six figure ranges and they were going into a market that had a proof of concept (Yahoo, by the very late 1990s, had over 100 million users and was well off).

Ethereum on the hand hand collected $18 million in an industry which has 250,000 or less users (so no proof of concept, especially in the user adoption sense).  So 500x less market and 10-50x more initial capital, should we suspect something?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: