Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System - SHA-256  (Read 16016 times)
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:08:55 PM

Hey folks,

The winners of our drawing have been posted: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/neoscoin-raffle/408/8 Congratulations to everyone that won and a sincere thank you to everyone that participated.

Best regards,

syntaks

So the funds generated from the raffle will be used towards adding support for $NEOS on GoURL.io platform?

Are we already in discussion with GoURL?

The funds were put towards paid votes there but it seems pointless.  The thread discussing the outcome and so forth is over here: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/lets-get-neos-on-gourl/396/86 We're putting our efforts into more worthwhile goals.

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks for the link to thread, I hadn't notice earlier.

When something like that is crafted, you don't have a fair chance.
Anyway, its good that we stear clear of paid voting rat race and spend our energy and time on something substantial and honest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 02:28:14 PM

Explorer with richlist : http://infernopool.com:8080
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:18:18 AM

Well..  it isn't loading right now, but I checked it couple of days ago when it was working.

Interesting. I can see the first one is verified as Bittrex. Similarly I assume the next 2 or 3 addresses belonging to other exchanges. Becauuse that's quite some quantity to have (250k NEOS). If they belong to individuals, I envy them Grin
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 01:05:41 PM

Well..  it isn't loading right now, but I checked it couple of days ago when it was working.

Interesting. I can see the first one is verified as Bittrex. Similarly I assume the next 2 or 3 addresses belonging to other exchanges. Becauuse that's quite some quantity to have (250k NEOS). If they belong to individuals, I envy them Grin

You and me both =)

Coin-Moron

Activity: 540
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:33:52 AM

What do we have the next in our pipeline?
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:31:08 PM

Waiting for a few things to come together and then a lot of coding =)

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2015, 12:16:05 AM

I'm experimenting with some blockchain ideas, but we're also entertaining the idea of PoS.  We don't want to go the traditional PoS route, we'd rather do something more unique and productive.  There are still a few features that need some further work done in 2.1, but that's pending for a few reasons.  It's definitely been a busy period of time recently and bound to only get more intense.

Best regards,

syntaks

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:24:38 AM

I'm experimenting with some blockchain ideas, but we're also entertaining the idea of PoS.  We don't want to go the traditional PoS route, we'd rather do something more unique and productive.  There are still a few features that need some further work done in 2.1, but that's pending for a few reasons.  It's definitely been a busy period of time recently and bound to only get more intense.

Best regards,

syntaks

POS is a good distributed approach, but can also prove to be quite risky as it often has blockchain issues. Many coins have died off after a wrong implementation. When done well, on the other hand, it is less centralized than PoW is, so I prefer it.

Hoarding of coins is an issue, though.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 04:26:28 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

POS is a good distributed approach, but can also prove to be quite risky as it often has blockchain issues. Many coins have died off after a wrong implementation. When done well, on the other hand, it is less centralized than PoW is, so I prefer it.

We've thought about this and share the same feelings, believe me.  I'm not a huge fan of PoS, however, I have some ideas I'm going to be fabricating into a staging chain and I'll release details after I've verified it's feasible. =)

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 04:37:03 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

We've thought about this and share the same feelings, believe me.  I'm not a huge fan of PoS, however, I have some ideas I'm going to be fabricating into a staging chain and I'll release details after I've verified it's feasible. =)

The main issue usually is blockchain bloat, as so many people have to be rewarded, some time with several addresses containing tiny amounts of coins. Perhaps a threshold for minimum amount of coins to stake could work? Require addresses to have at least 0.01% of total coin amount, for example.

Looking forward to the progress! Smiley

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 10:51:11 PM

I'm very happy to announce that we are now supported by CoinPayments.net!  It doesn't stop there.  Give us a bit of time to code and we'll see what we can do here. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:05:54 PM

Impossible not being optimistic... and excited about this ongoing progress! :-)
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 11:20:34 PM

There's always progress here whether we advertise it or not.  We're don't spend our time hyping, it's better spent thinking of improvements and so forth. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:27:00 PM

There's always progress here whether we advertise it or not.  We're don't spend our time hyping, it's better spent thinking of improvements and so forth. =)

Best regards,

syntaks

Absolutely! That's why I'm always optimistic and excited about this project! ;-)
raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:33:00 AM

Quick question: Is there a way to export the private key from my wallet?

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:49:25 AM

I'll add that into the queue as a tool to be added.  For now would you be comfortable with using the daemon?

Best regards,

syntaks

raze182

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:52:11 AM

I'll add that into the queue as a tool to be added.  For now would you be comfortable with using the daemon?

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks, that would be a useful tool. Can't say I've ever used a daemon before, unfortunately.

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 06:10:13 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks, that would be a useful tool. Can't say I've ever used a daemon before, unfortunately.

What system are you running on?

Best regards,

syntaks

raze182

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:20:08 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

What system are you running on?

Best regards,

syntaks

Windows.

eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:00:04 PM

Best regards,

syntaks

Some people are having a discussion about the success/failures and associated risks of going POS here on this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065172.0

With PoW there's a cost associated with producing a coin with mining equipment and electricity so miners won't sell their coins any cheaper than that which creates a floor price. With PoS there is no cost of production, you just have to own and hold coins which also means that everybody can stake their coins.
Another significant difference is that newly generated PoS coins are going to people who are already holding the coins as a reward. That is generally not true for PoW. And more coins mean inflation so in essence PoS coins are rewarding stakers with free coins at the cost of inflation. Personally it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would invest into PoS coins especially considering the average lifespan of coins and how rapidly things change in crypto - but that's jut me.

So I'm not saying we shouldn't go POS but we should give it a careful attention before making the leap if we do.
Because once we go POS, its never going back to POW.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █