Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:09:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy International Women's Day  (Read 1975 times)
jerol31

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:51:00 PM

I would also like to say happy women's day to every women in the world.
I also support your fight for bigger rights in our society.

Just be brave and keep moving forward.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Snipe85

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

Infleum

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:58:45 PM

There is day for everything today, dont you see that its created just to increase peoples spendings with an excuse its something special.
I may seam dumb to some, but i never give gifts on dates they "dictate", if you want to surprise your gf,wife etc. any day is a good day, and u most certanly
dont need to spend money just because its what other people do on that date.

Reminds me alot on that diamond ring comercial that started insane diamond ring *rule when proposing..
Try to surprise your gf on a regular friday, when she doesnt expect it at all, when there is noone pushing you to do something due to some fake tradition,
and tell her- happy friday, heres a rose for you (or something like that), and ull see that she will find it much more appealing than when its expected to happen...
Hope u get my point.

cheers

Hah that's how financial empires were built. Oppenheimers started advertising diamonds, thinking this is what their girls want to get spent all they had on stupid white rocks, a 100 years ago nobody even wanted. You can notice this trend on old paintings or crown jewels, full of rubys emeralds and sapphires.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:16:48 PM

"That's why the regrets that there is none sound like a male version of what feminism is really about."
What is feminism really about? A lot of people claim it is about equality, but equality would be something like having a day for both men and women. What exactly are you implying that feminism is really about?

Feminism is about compensating for what those preaching it are devoid of. That is man's attention and love, which form the basis of what is thought as happiness by women. Why would a loved woman turn into a feminist? I'm answering only this last part since the other parts I won't be able to answer, meaning you won't be able to understand in case you didn't already. I can't explain to you the notion of color if you are color-blind.

Are you man enough?

Oh, I understood what you were trying to say, I just wanted you to elucidate to everyone exactly how sexist your position really is when you use phrases like "are you man enough", and feminism is only for "unloved women". I figured it was much easier to prove how narrow minded you were by using your own words. It worked beautifully, thanks.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 02:27:50 PM

"That's why the regrets that there is none sound like a male version of what feminism is really about."
What is feminism really about? A lot of people claim it is about equality, but equality would be something like having a day for both men and women. What exactly are you implying that feminism is really about?

Feminism is about compensating for what those preaching it are devoid of. That is man's attention and love, which form the basis of what is thought as happiness by women. Why would a loved woman turn into a feminist? I'm answering only this last part since the other parts I won't be able to answer, meaning you won't be able to understand in case you didn't already. I can't explain to you the notion of color if you are color-blind.

Are you man enough?

Oh, I understood what you were trying to say, I just wanted you to elucidate to everyone exactly how sexist your position really is when you use phrases like "are you man enough", and feminism is only for "unloved women". I figured it was much easier to prove how narrow minded you were by using your own words. It worked beautifully, thanks.

"Are you man enough?" is a C.C. Catch song, so your accusations are actually misguided at best. Are you really tough?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 02:55:40 PM

"Are you man enough?" is a C.C. Catch song, so your accusations are actually misguided at best. Are you really tough?

Wait, so it was in a song so magically it makes it not sexist? LOL, ok.

P.S. If you ever did meet me in real life you would probably pee a little and regret that implication.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:20:08 PM

P.S. If you ever did meet me in real life you would probably pee a little and regret that implication.

I don't care whether it is sexist or not (though I like it, but not for the lyrics of course), but now you can't point a finger at me and say that it is just me (which is what you were evidently trying to do but obviously failed).

Are you so insecure?
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2015, 03:42:56 PM

I don't care whether it is sexist or not (though I like it, but not for the lyrics of course), but now you can't point a finger at me and say that it is just me (which is what you were evidently trying to do but obviously failed).

Are you so insecure?

Obviously you don't care, but other people might get the impression you are some one that is pro-feminist or pro-equlity, and you dispelled that assumption well thank you. I don't feel any need to address your lame attempt at personal character attacks just for seeking equality for both genders. Have fun trying to be tough guy on the internet.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 04:07:58 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2015, 08:51:05 PM by tee-rex

Are you so insecure?

Obviously you don't care, but other people might get the impression you are some one that is pro-feminist or pro-equlity, and you dispelled that assumption well thank you. I don't feel any need to address your lame attempt at personal character attacks just for seeking equality for both genders. Have fun trying to be tough guy on the internet.

That would be a wrong assumption. There is no equality between man and woman, period. Those who claim the contrary should always remember that when Titanic went down in 1912, only 103 out of more than 1,500 lives lost in the sinking had been women.

Speak for yourself

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 11:49:02 PM

Are you so insecure?

That would be a wrong assumption. There is no equality between man and woman, period. Those who claim the contrary should always remember that when Titanic went down in 1912, only 103 out of more than 1,500 lives lost in the sinking had been women.

Speak for yourself

Being pro-equality doesn't mean everyone is absolutely equal in every way, it means treating people equally regardless of their gender, but clearly you do not grasp this.
tee-rex

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:30:50 AM

Are you so insecure?

Speak for yourself

Being pro-equality doesn't mean everyone is absolutely equal in every way, it means treating people equally regardless of their gender, but clearly you do not grasp this.

No, I can't grasp this. So you suggest that when Titanic had been going down, men should not have tried to save women before all, but should have been saving themselves in the first place? This may well be what gender equality tells us (or, maybe, just you, I dunno), but surely this is not what nature has put inside us, by any means.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: