Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:16:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZirkCoin - [100% PoS] | [New] | [Features] | Version 1.1.0  (Read 28813 times)
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:33:45 PM

I can't just take over a coin that has only been out a matter of weeks and it is a clone of Shadowcoin, which I think is a clone of Blackcoin, which is a clone of Peercoin, its going to take me a while to read through all the source code before I can begin to feel confident enough to heavily support this coin.

Getting the Windows client working properly is a big problem but I think it is going to be more than one issue causing it so for that we are going to need one of the original Developers of any of the coins listed above to take a quick look over and give a one minute diagnoses.

I invested in Zirkcoin because I liked the sensible total amount of coins mined during the POW phase but the client itself goes against everything that I stand for with Wallet clients, as in I develop / clone and keep them as simple as possible, as they are just for getting coins from one person to another.

Just a quick one to MrFixer, I don't think that we should be calling the OP a "Shit Dev", for all we know he could be ill or any number of reasons and besides, how many "Shit Devs" do you know who manage to get a coin onto three exchanges in a matter of weeks.

This is a POS coin and because of this it is not going anywhere until POW coins where the mining can stop.

I will continue researching this coin and the client but in the meantime we will have to work together as a team to slowly get this community together.

The price of this coin is holding up on BitTrex and even rising at times so I am keeping my coins until I see a negative reason to no longer have them.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheFixer

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:40:59 PM

I can't just take over a coin that has only been out a matter of weeks and it is a clone of Shadowcoin, which I think is a clone of Blackcoin, which is a clone of Peercoin, its going to take me a while to read through all the source code before I can begin to feel confident enough to heavily support this coin.

Getting the Windows client working properly is a big problem but I think it is going to be more than one issue causing it so for that we are going to need one of the original Developers of any of the coins listed above to take a quick look over and give a one minute diagnoses.

I invested in Zirkcoin because I liked the sensible total amount of coins mined during the POW phase but the client itself goes against everything that I stand for with Wallet clients, as in I develop / clone and keep them as simple as possible, as they are just for getting coins from one person to another.

Just a quick one to MrFixer, I don't think that we should be calling the OP a "Shit Dev", for all we know he could be ill or any number of reasons and besides, how many "Shit Devs" do you know who manage to get a coin onto three exchanges in a matter of weeks.

This is a POS coin and because of this it is not going anywhere until POW coins where the mining can stop.

I will continue researching this coin and the client but in the meantime we will have to work together as a team to slowly get this community together.

The price of this coin is holding up on BitTrex and even rising at times so I am keeping my coins until I see a negative reason to no longer have them.

You ignore all technical useful things i post 3 posts now and in stead complain that i insult developer who abandon coin? I thought because you are hero member you were serious person. Now I know better.

And that you think because coin on 3 exchange with broken wallet is great work is bigger joke still. Last i try to help here.

Maybe for you it feel good to act like you perform some great and dificult miracle here but already i give procedure that work on Windows 7 with new install and maybe will help many people. Interest for stake is high with this coin so people lose money when they cant stake. I leave you to make theatre.
Strugg
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

NAV Coin [NAV]

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:27:20 PM

Nice design and some potential with planned projects.
The only shit that keeps me out is silent dev, which seems to be out of here. Why people just can't keep on working on something if they started it?
Doesn't make sense to me...

NAV Coin [NAV] Community & PR Manager
Visit the Thread!
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:13:33 PM

Nice design and some potential with planned projects.
The only shit that keeps me out is silent dev, which seems to be out of here. Why people just can't keep on working on something if they started it?
Doesn't make sense to me...

I 100% agree with everything you have posted.

Release a coin and stick with it no matter what.
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 10:44:24 PM

Well, someone can buy 15-20% of the coins for 1.6 btc Smiley
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:27:17 PM

Hello. Friend ask me to try help.

Please for Windows do this.

If first install start step 3. If coins already sent to wallet step 1.

1. ) If you do not have Windows hidden files set to unhidden then go to the control panel, under appearance setting go to folder options, view, then click “Show hidden files”.  Now go to the folder normally here if C is your main drive – C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ZirkCoin

2. ) Delete every files EXCEPT wallet.dat

3. ) Download wallet from https://mega.co.nz/#!8EdhQAYK!zxUJ0itrhxFCOIH3A21t5Hh31oM65AE2UH_o2LhTUGs
      As post by shit dev here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=994869.msg10830308#msg10830308

4. ) If first install open wallet and close

4. ) Download this zip https://mega.co.nz/#!ccQGGCwJ!ZrnEAiLTzODNMIwIgTImmqi_Tfgq1GqcgjzFFDKyq0o

5. ) From zip put bootstrap.dat and peers.dat in folder – C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Roaming\ZirkCoin

6. ) Open wallet and wait for import. This take you clear of problem block.

Wallet is fat if it look like sleep just leave it will come awake again and stop sleep once sync.
This not simple fix it is fix for now.
This work for me on Windows 7.

It not work for you please for clear report make post with problem and exact OS (Windows8.1 or what).

Ahhh finally got this working on my main windows machine now (win 8.1) maybe there is hope for Zirk yet. Thank you!!

@CaptChadd I don't know if you're trying to get cheap coins or something else, but if you genuinely want to help this project maybe you shouldn't be so dismissive of other people. This at least for me is a working solution. So what happens with Zirk now?

I'm not being dismissive at all but if you notice another user already posted a blockchain to download and instructions were given.

Why on earth I would want to cheapen the worth of Zirkcoin, when I paid out to get zirkcoin.org and pay for monthly hosting makes no sense.

It has been mentioned many times from members that have been registered on this forum longer than me, that it is a risk to download someone elses blockchain other than the one downloaded through the client, as chains can be manipulated, that is my only point.

If you read back on all my posts, I have actually told nobody to do anything and I never will.

Like I said before, I bought some Zirkcoin when the Dev was around, I still have some but I got into this coin as an investor and not thinking that I would be looked upon by some as though I would take this coin on to Develop.

I am the Extremecoin creator and developer and I have stuck by that coin since its release in late 2013, right now, I am not even sure I have the spare time to devote to help this coin on a development level, as I do my other dev work in my spare time as it is.

Ignore the Hero Member title that is on here, that just means I have posted a lot, mainly during the BBQcoin and early Extremecoin days.

The main thing is that I will never tell anyone directly to buy or sell anything, even my own coin that I Dev, that is for investors to decide.

I am taking just as much a chance holding onto my Zirkcoin, as the rest of the users who have invested.

Last thing the "Shit Dev" comments were really not needed, no matter who the Dev is but just on a level to keep this forum looking professional if future investors want to read though this thread to decide whether to invest or not and if they think the coin has been created and released by a "Shit Dev" then they will run a mile.

If anything I would not be the one on this forum thread "trying" to keep the price of Zirkcoin low.
Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 11:41:02 PM

No dev means no price increase means loss.
copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:00:41 AM

he thought with a nice op could make money?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 05:29:52 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 05:41:44 PM by Mr.Joker

What money?

No Ico.

7500 pre-mine....

Btw, can somebody setup a block explorer.

Check this adress please: ZQWfTWvBZJRFUQC1sNLoxVJ6YrCf3dP4YT

That's the premine adress
andy35

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:58:34 PM

What money?

No Ico.

7500 pre-mine....

Btw, can somebody setup a block explorer.

Check this adress please: ZQWfTWvBZJRFUQC1sNLoxVJ6YrCf3dP4YT

That's the premine adress

Was there any instamine during the POW mining phase?
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:13:06 PM

Not at all...
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:14:17 PM

Looking at the blockchain and all the POW mining transactions everything looks normal, no excessive instamine, however there was a lot of hash power pointed at the coin but this was sustained over the whole POW phase and not just in the first day or so.

It could be a reverse pre-mine maybe? A theory I have been thinking about.

Release a coin that shows potential, get it onto a few exchanges but then have something like a faulty client and a missing Dev, to reduce hope in the coin and then slowly reduce the worth of the coin and either the "Dev" or "people" behind this coin, buy up loads of them nice and cheap and then "suddenly" when they have a huge hunk of the total amount of coins and can control the flow of supply and demand, Zirkcoin.com comes back online, with a fix for the Wallet client and the price and faith in the coin increase again to anything they want it to be and make lots of money. (A purchase can only be as high as the sale price.)

Like I said, just a theory I came up with while looking at how the exchanges are playing out and have randomly decided to nickname it the "Reverse Premine" because to start with they actually have to sell off at lower and lower prices (Getting rid of coins) to get people to panic sell so they can buy it all up.

It's because of this theory and the fact that I was invested 8000 ZIRK into this coin that I got worried that if "they" owned too many coins, it could be dangerous for the network, which is why I currently own 103,701 ZIRK and staking them and I will never sell them in a panic as I know that holding 20% of all Zirkcoin is going to be a bit of a thorn in their side, if the theory is correct.

I will be doing a ZIRKcoin giveaway right after "they" decide to come out of the shadows and fix the Windows client and get Zirkcoin.com back online, until that happens, I am just going to be staking away and trying to protect the integrity of this coin and not let it just become yet another dump show.
Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 10:13:09 PM

I think the dev is loading up coins, but it doesn't matter.

I will sell everything and will get out of this coin.

It doesn't have any future

Even when he shows up suddenly, everyone will know this is a shitty dev.
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:14:01 PM

I mean maybe the zirkcoin.com website will come online a the wallet could be fixed by a different beyond Hero level and decent level of development understanding of 4 x cloned POS coins.

Remember if the Dev dumps, that means loads of people have bought up Zirkcoin and the spread of Zircoin's will eventually end up better evenly spread around.

I still see a future for this coin but I am patient and always plan for the future and not for a quick buck dump. I am stubborn in that way.
Mr.Joker

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:29:43 PM

I mean maybe the zirkcoin.com website will come online a the wallet could be fixed by a different beyond Hero level and decent level of development understanding of 4 x cloned POS coins.

Remember if the Dev dumps, that means loads of people have bought up Zirkcoin and the spread of Zircoin's will eventually end up better evenly spread around.

I still see a future for this coin but I am patient and always plan for the future and not for a quick buck dump. I am stubborn in that way.

WEll, you own more than 100k coins, so you know more than us or you will pump.
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 05:14:39 PM

I don't know more any anyone else as in "inside information" I just like the fact that this is a coin with a staking interest that is high enough to keep newer users who might only be able to purchase a few hundred Zirkcoin and mint blocks within reasonable timeframes.

I remember when I bought into Reddcoin and got involved in the hype of it all but when members were saying that they have a few thousand coins but it would take 35 days to mint a block, that is never going to retain a large user base of smaller traders, whereas this coin could.

As this coin is pretty much a 4 x clone from Peercoin, there is a vast amount of code that is technically dead code in this coin and so the source could do with being trimmed down before any fixes are pushed to the Gitub so the Source looks more professional to long term members and investors.

I have forked the Github to my repository, as pushes to the original are going to be ignored with the Dev gone but I can merge them to the forked original on mine, if the general Zirkcoin community agree it is acceptable to be added to the Source Code.

I am going to ask a few people who have been involved in the POS scene, with Peercoin and a few others and ask what they think of this coin and its source code as it stands and advice for a Windows client fix? It could just be a bad compile but it is best to be sure.

Once the Windows client is working without crashing, I could compile a Linux and Mac client, add them to the zirkcoin.org website and possible even market this coin and get being promotional work.

I would not pump this coin, just because I have quiet a few of them, as that does not give a true worth of the coin and following a pump, would be a fake dump, which is not going to be fair on any other coin holders or Zirkcoin supporters.

I would like to see this coin, eventually have a steady exchange price which reflects the 100% interest rate aswell.

Pumps just get holders quick profit but does nothing to improve the coin or increase faith in its stability.
CaptChadd

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:45:56 PM

Hi all,

You can now vote for Zirkcoin to be added to Cryptopia Exchange which will also give us a web based block explorer at the same time and no coin even gets delisted which give this coin more security for trading.

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting

Its only just been added but have 9 votes and using DOTcoin can give the voting a boost aswell.

Thanks.
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:09:28 PM

Hi all, i dont want to disturb to no one but some coin with 100% of interest rate is dead from beggining, it only flood exchange market with continuos selling pressure
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 05:31:14 PM

Shhhh!!! Everybody sleeping here..
rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:42:16 PM

Shhhh!!! Everybody sleeping here..

So finally a dead coin? no more BS from the So called Hero member!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: