Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:37:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook to use payments in messenger.  (Read 894 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:57:35 AM

Inevitable I guess. I hope this has a positive effect on bringing messenger coins like Gems forward.

http://www.wired.com/2015/03/can-now-send-money-facebook-whats/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 06:25:52 AM

There was already a topic about this, it was moved to off-topic.
Use the search button.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:15:46 AM

Use the search button.

I looked and didn't see the subject on this section. Possibly the biggest mainstream news for the past few months that directly influences Bitcoin and the debate on digital payments and you want it in off topic.

I guess I should of started a topic that was more relevant like 'Finish this sentence, I would sell my Bitcoin if...'

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:20:25 AM

Yes, just read this new, but it's nothing to do with Bitcoin, Facebook opens its payment system but it's not Bitcoin. That's might be the reason why the last topic about this had been moved to off-topic.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:51:17 AM

Yes, just read this new, but it's nothing to do with Bitcoin, Facebook opens its payment system but it's not Bitcoin. That's might be the reason why the last topic about this had been moved to off-topic.

Just cause it's not got Bitcoin in the title doesnt mean it doesn't influence Bitcoin.

Has anyone seen the off topic section? It's just ridiculous. But hey if you want to bury an important story then go for it.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 09:17:27 AM

Facebook is trying to evolve. To incorporate a payment system and Facebook store concept is a natural direction. They are allowing credit/debit cards for now, they could move to bitcoin after that.

However, I am never sure about Zuckerberg's stance on bitcoin. I haven't heard anything about bitcoin from him. It would be unlike him if hasn't looked into the potential of bitcoin. Since he has said nothing about it, it seems more likely Facebook has plans involving bitcoin.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 09:40:13 AM

Use the search button.

I looked and didn't see the subject on this section. Possibly the biggest mainstream news for the past few months that directly influences Bitcoin and the debate on digital payments and you want it in off topic.

I don't see how it directly influences bitcoin. Implementing a fiat transfer option and bitcoin are two massively different things. Just because they've done this doesn't mean anything for bitcoin unfortunately.

Just cause it's not got Bitcoin in the title doesnt mean it doesn't influence Bitcoin.

But it has to mention bitcoin or be bitcoin related for it to be in Bitcoin Discussion. Mcdonalds accepting ApplePay wouldn't be bitcoin news because you may argue that bitcoin could be next.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:10:08 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2015, 10:22:54 AM by nextgencoin

Use the search button.

I don't see how it directly influences bitcoin. Implementing a fiat transfer option and bitcoin are two massively different things. Just because they've done this doesn't mean anything for bitcoin unfortunately.

But it has to mention bitcoin or be bitcoin related for it to be in Bitcoin Discussion. Mcdonalds accepting ApplePay wouldn't be bitcoin news because you may argue that bitcoin could be next.

This section has been discussing if FB will take Bitcoin for months, the fact that it isn't at least in this implementation is as much news as it IS taking it, basically anyone saying it's irrelevant is saying the tons of threads on here related to FB were irrelevant too I guess.

I don't think this would of happened if Bitcoin never happened, it's very much a part of the Bitcoin without Bitcoin story that is evolving. like I said if this story should be next to the Obama believes in Aliens story then move the thread.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:22:38 AM

I don't think this would of happened if Bitcoin never happened, it's very much a part of the Bitcoin without Bitcoin story that is evolving.

I disagree. Payment systems are evolving and bitcoin is a part or offshoot of that but these other fiat systems are a natural evolution too. They're just companies looking to find ways to get involved and take their cut. The payments market is quite lucrative as once your system or business is set up you dont have to do much and just sit back and watch how your tiny percentage of billions of transactions come rolling in and obviously corporations are realizing that and trying to get their slice of pie.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 10:37:35 AM

I don't think this would of happened if Bitcoin never happened, it's very much a part of the Bitcoin without Bitcoin story that is evolving.

I disagree. Payment systems are evolving and bitcoin is a part or offshoot of that but these other fiat systems are a natural evolution too. They're just companies looking to find ways to get involved and take their cut. The payments market is quite lucrative as once your system or business is set up you dont have to do much and just sit back and watch how your tiny percentage of billions of transactions come rolling in and obviously corporations are realizing that and trying to get their slice of pie.

Well we can't know for sure but I accept the possibility. If anything if this normalises sending small payments directly to each other then the fact this is on a social network or a billion or so people it can't but be a major turning point, even if it fails. While It's a fact Bitcoin is not used by many people, Bitvoin actually the more appropriate technology for peer to peer transactions. I saw the news on FB today, Mark saying that new technology always brings good to society.....but apparently not Bitcoin?

It's a potential gateway later if popular at least, a rush for this market is inevitable for sure.
|Bitcoin|

Activity: 320

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 12:40:23 PM

Good story. But people will prefer to use Bitcoin since it dont need information.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 06:09:34 PM

Hahaha, just wait until the government boys crack down on them...

Its really pathetic to make another centralized money transmitter, facebook currency is still centralized and with all the private data that facebook aquires, i`m sure they can spy on everyone.

Besides we already got decentralized systems, no need to use a fully surveilled site + useless centralized money to transact, let's just stick to our beloved cryptos and ignore those stupid ppl.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 07:29:23 PM

You guys realize that David Marcus is working for FB now (and responsible for the messenger) - he ran PayPal for two years and likes Bitcoin.

If he still likes Bitcoin maybe... just maybe... he's adding a new payment option to FB.

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:18:03 PM

It's not really relevant unless this pushes them towards accepting bitcoin but there's absolutely no indication of that just wishful hoping. I don't think it's a big deal either as many people already use banking apps to send money so unless Facebook does directly integrate bitcoin I don't see anything to get excited about.
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:11:48 PM

Seems it has a lot of drawbacks right now. Might only be in the early stages. Things like taking 3 days to process a payment.
dymeksc

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:00:44 PM

Its a really stupid idea.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: