Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:11:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916255 times)
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 10:49:32 AM

I had an outstanding order for a few shares as well as my current ones. As I was away for a week, it seems quite likely that the order went through after reading about someone dumping his shares etc. Should I just send you both numbers?
Have you really heard nothing from Nefario? I was hoping that he would at least send out those mails semi-automatically.

At least the process seems to be in order now, as he is even specifically asking for the permission to hand over my data to the issuers. Like I would expect it.
We haven't received any responses, auto or manually ones, from GLBSE yet.

This is an act to deal with very extreme conditions of a small probability that every other solution fails. Please send me both numbers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 11:49:07 AM

Please send to (fnnirvana@gmail.com)

Oh no... i hope the name doesnt have a meaning... Smiley Now in times of "pirate at 40", "nefario(u)s" and so on i check all names if they reveal hidden intents... *lol*

Its the same with me... I had 1255, sold 3 and ordered 6 new. I dont know if it went through. But i think it looks good now with glbse anyway.

Ill send my data to the email address just to be sure...
It does have a meaning, but there's nothing secretly here. I registered my gmail very early when I was fanatic with functional programming. "fn" means "functional", and "nirvana" is a hinduism/buddism word which roughly equals to a (mental) state of enlightenment.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 11:56:49 AM

I know the original meaning of nirvana but in my country nirvana is more widely used by the normal people as a synonymous for "the nothing". So when sending data into "the nothing"... Smiley But i trust you anyway. You proofed your attitude of mind several times.

I only had to laugh when i read that name. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
WynX

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:26:41 PM

We haven't received any responses, auto or manually ones, from GLBSE yet.

This is an act to deal with very extreme conditions of a small probability that every other solution fails. Please send me both numbers.

I have submitted my shares for payment by GLBSE, but I still like this project and the way it was set up. Too bad the exchange blew up...do you have any concrete plans for moving the shares to another platform to be able to continue this project (I guess it is impossible to credit all the asset holders since money is spend). Can you handle the panic that is evident?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1077

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 01:45:07 AM

I dont see an existing platform i would trust.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
AngryCatfish

Activity: 104

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:21:27 AM

I'm in the same boat, it makes more sense if the issuers handled everything here on out instead of crossing fingers and hoping the next one doesn't end in some shady way.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:04:32 AM

I'm in the same boat, it makes more sense if the issuers handled everything here on out instead of crossing fingers and hoping the next one doesn't end in some shady way.
the thing about privately handled shares is the actual shares have less value. When you invest in securities, the most interesting part is usually not the dividends, but the company valuation increasing (and obviously dividends). If the shares would be in high demand enough because of a good growth or potentially IPO undervaluation you can get (for example) a 0.1 share become worth 1btc share, giving a 1000% ROI. And 1000% ROI is not far fetched BTW. Start up funds often have little correlation with company value. Having no exchange impairs a huge part of why you invest.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 07:17:24 AM

Only if you are talking about tulip bulb mainia bubble try "value".

If you own a portion of something whose actual assets/value (including so called "goodwill") goes up vastly in value, then you made that ROI.

Sounds like you just want tulips to play pump and dump with.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Dacm4n

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:33:43 AM

Daily Update

We have submitted the information to GLBSE, and are waiting for their responses.

Friedcat, would you like us to start sending you our claims (how many shares we own), in case you never receive official data from GLBSE? I've got my books in order, and I see my trades in the "complete trade history" csv file. That doesn't prove anything - but it may be all we've got, and as Jutarul explained above, it may be possible to reconstruct most of the database by matching people's claims based on amounts and timestamps.
In case of the possibility we could not receive the shareholders data, we begin collecting the claims ourselves.

Please send to (fnnirvana@gmail.com) your number of shares and your Bitcoin address for receiving dividends. Please annotate that they are ASICMINER shares to avoid confusion with MU or MOORE shares. You could accompany them with any evidence you think is OK to provide. It is highly recommended that you use an address that you have its private key. By that, you may enjoy more facilities provided by our future automatic migrating platform.

Email sent.
matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:37:10 AM

If you own a portion of something whose actual assets/value (including so called "goodwill") goes up vastly in value, then you made that ROI.

-MarkM-

When something is harder/more complicated to trade, the value goes down. By how much? Who knows. Bottom line, value is lower. Don't see why there is a need to argue against that.

Also you seem to talk about day trading in a derogatory manner... which I don't understand why.
lame.duck
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:58:03 AM

When something is harder/more complicated to trade, the value goes down. By how much? Who knows. Bottom line, value is lower. Don't see why there is a need to argue against that.

If you can't quantify it, it's only a speculation without any proof. In fact it could be harder = more expensive to the buyer to get some shares. So it's 'obvious' that the value goes up Wink
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:08:57 AM

Technically, if friedcats prediction holds and the initial mining generates enough surplus to cover the initial investments as dividends, I don't care what the share price is. Anything is profit above that point.
The more interesting question is whether the operating profit will be enough to grow the company or whether additional financing rounds are necessary.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
DutchBrat

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:10:22 AM

-MarkM-

Also you seem to talk about day trading in a derogatory manner... which I don't understand why.

That being said.... most startup companies do not IPO on an exchange but get funding from angel investors and seeding capital

Those shares are privately held until the valuation of the company is big enough to go onto an exchange

For some companies the most ROI is made during the private investor period, so when the shares can only change hands privately instead of publicly

Then they IPO the company at a high value and everyone of the first investors is happy
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:18:44 AM

Technically, if friedcats prediction holds and the initial mining generates enough surplus to cover the initial investments as dividends, I don't care what the share price is. Anything is profit above that point.
The more interesting question is whether the operating profit will be enough to grow the company or whether additional financing rounds are necessary.
Hard to say without knowing everyone's J/Mhash and the fab cost. An arms race is on!

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 08:22:57 AM

Hard to say without knowing everyone's J/Mhash and the fab cost. An arms race is on!
For the mining it's less the J/Mhash that counts. It's more the timing and the rate at which new GH/s can be added.
However, for the sales I agree - the J/Mhash is the selling point.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
data

Activity: 84

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 10:37:06 AM

Well regarding ease of trading vs. value: Who would buy my few shares for the 0.108-0.11 right now? I don't find a buyer, so they have basically no value to me atm. except for the possibility of earning dividends.

Also, the management overhead of friedcat organizing all trading can only impede the real goal of ASICMINER.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 10:50:36 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2012, 05:22:32 PM by markm

That being said.... most startup companies do not IPO on an exchange but get funding from angel investors and seeding capital

Those shares are privately held until the valuation of the company is big enough to go onto an exchange

For some companies the most ROI is made during the private investor period, so when the shares can only change hands privately instead of publicly

Then they IPO the company at a high value and everyone of the first investors is happy
Yep, and they hold onto that extremely profitable and privileged position with an iron grip. Its a shame GLBSE is gone but it threatened that position and so was very vulnerable. I'm not sure if open transactions is stable enough for something like asicminer yet but would be interested to hear friedcat's thoughts on it.

That is a big reason why I do not like dividends. Forcing people to have to actually offer someone else a chance at a share in order to "cash out" avoids the price/value going up and down in sawtoothed waves as dividend day approaches and hits and helps create opportunities for later adopters to get in.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 04:14:05 PM

Well regarding ease of trading vs. value: Who would buy my few shares for the 0.108-0.11 right now? I don't find a buyer, so they have basically no value to me atm. except for the possibility of earning dividends.

Also, the management overhead of friedcat organizing all trading can only impede the real goal of ASICMINER.

Not sure that we could do any trading of shares currently.. but if we could I would be interested at .105 depending how many shares you have for sale.. Probably going to have to wait until this all gets sorted out though. I really wanted to continue accumulating ASICMINER shares over these few weeks, I believe they had one of the highest potentials of all the assests which were on GLBSE.
matauc12

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:58:15 PM

Yep, and they hold onto that extremely profitable and privileged position with an iron grip. Its a shame GLBSE is gone but it threatened that position and so was very vulnerable. I'm not sure if open transactions is stable enough for something like asicminer yet but would be interested to hear friedcat's thoughts on it.

That is a big reason why I do not like dividends. Forcing people to have to actually offer someone else a chance at a share in order to "cash out" avoids the price/value going up and down in sawtoothed waves as dividend day approaches and hits and helps create opportunities for later adopters to get in.

-MarkM-

and guess what happens then? Value likely increases. Making active trading even more valuable.
SmiGueL

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:17:58 AM

Just filled in the form on GLBSE for my 3 accounts and I hope you'll receive the asset information from Nefario Smiley
(I have splitted to 3 cause I had API enabled... and so anyone with the API URL can steal your funds even with 2FA enabled)

I have about 300+ shares so I would be really pissed off if they've all 'dissapeared'...

Do I need to email to the specified email address or do we wait until GLBSE gives more info?
(It 'll take a while to figure out when I bought what, probably not gonna work cause I don't have any transaction files)

Hope the ASIC's will come soon! Smiley

Asicminer Hashrate Charts @ www.asicminercharts.com

Donations BTC: 1SmiGSGWXzD5aZhmw3jyfpBFCgiki45MT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: