Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:35:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916324 times)
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 06:12:48 PM

Jutarul, thank you..... I actually have had the hiccups for about 20 minutes.... then i read this.... f*ck me they disappeared without me noticing
Away out to enjoy the weekend.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iwantasicminer

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:08:50 PM

is there a balance sheet available ?

What BE200 remains unsold and in stock ?  

Is there BE400 IP yet?

Is there a rough break down of the 10M required?   Is it possible to break it up in to milestones as to limit the initial risk for people that may want to get involved?

What is the turn around time on a BE300 order,  to packaged chips in hand?

I think there should be some feelers put out there,  for an AM Preferred share,  there are approximately 35k unsold shares that were returned to Bitfountain after the IPO.   Give preferential repayment and hardware purchasing terms to these holders and see if the market will bite.  This does not affect the authorized shares and is not dilution.  

Holding back any remaining info about what actually happened with friedcat isn't going to be good for anyone.   If there is something everyone needs to know,  just spit it out,  this is directed at David Fan.

Jutarul thank you for your work in helping answer these questions.

flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 07:24:23 PM

Q) I think a price "explosion" is imminent,  not to ATH territory,  but $400 or so is definitely in the cards.
A) 400 will likely not be enough. A reasonable risk/reward ratio starts at > 1000 USD.

Q) What kind of dollars are we talking would be required from such an investor?  
A) > $10M for a packaged deal to make sense.

Q) Does AM have possession of the IP related to BE300?
A) Yes. AM management also has a direct account with TSMC.

Q) You say the funding situation is Dire,  is this due to FC being in sole possession of the keys?
A) The funding situation is very opaque. David Fan cannot provide information on current accounting. He is currently paying bills from some of the remaining company funds, surplus cash flow and personal funds. The accounting was managed by friedcat, and the last financial statement was delivered 4 months late and incomplete. He was asked to make it complete, clean it up and publish it - which never happened. Given the current circumstance I may as well show the incomplete statement, which covers the time May/2014-Oct/2014:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YUtUwa4K!o9VTJYkv0-eO0V6UU3vPwXZshItuBwq-z146p0pBH6E

Q) Do you think FC is safe?
A) I have insufficient information for such a conjecture. I certainly hope he is safe.

Q) Is there a plan yet to compensate shareholders for Amhash1 shares held on Havelock?
A) On the side of AM any compensation would likely have to be financed either through operating revenue (which currently is going to 0 due to bitcoin price staying low and required funding to restock chip inventory) or the personal funds of volunteering shareholders. Unfortunately the morale among shareholders is rock bottom so everyone is looking at David Fan, especially since he also has an official company function. The question which is not so easy to answer is whether there would be a moral or legal obligation for such "volunteering". That said, he expressed his desire to develop a compensation plan for contract holders, conditional on the premise that everybody in the delivery chain carries a fair share.

Q) Hi, I don't get it, David should be as rich as FC! Why doesn't he invest into his company? Or rent coins to AM?
A) Why invest in a company which is loaded with liability when you don't feel responsible for the current situation? Also, wouldn't it be smarter to use the funds to restock the company with the latest chips in order to generate a profit from which these liabilities can be served? At the end this is a structural problem, that's why a reorganization of the company may be unavoidable.

Q) In the situation where the BTC price rises and free's up additional capital or VC money comes in to support the production of BE300, could shareholders reasonably expect to see some type of return later this year?
A) I cannot give investment advise. There are two types of returns. Revenue through increased market price and dividends. It would be very unlikely to see a company in the current state paying any dividends in the immediate future. Funds are better used to solve structural problems. The only exception to this would be a liquidation event of an unknown amount.

Q) Is the only other option the company goes under due to lack of funds and the legal process begins for those who wish to pursue it?
A) Provided that the core team stays intact and true to the mission the company would likely co-exist with bigger corps in the market place. How that would be structured is unknown. Any legal proceedings would of course hamper the ability of the company to operate, unless the situation is very asymmetric (i.e. legal defense costs are dramatically lower than legal offense costs).

Q) Anything else you can share with me would be appreciated. I would like your candid thoughts on the likelihood of VC coming in to play the role of white knight in the next 30-60 days window BE300 competitively has to get out to market. The other scenario is bound to happen, however we do not know if the price rise will take place in time for the chip to be profitable to product en masse.
A) The only way to make this work with an outside investor within 30-60 days is to do a clear cut reorg with a new Manager who has some experience in the industry.

Q) Why did ASICMiner wait weeks to provide concrete answers on the situation?
A) The board was officially fully informed of the "FC missing" problem at the end of February. Since then there has been a struggle for information, especially since FC apparently made himself a single point of failure on all kind of things. It was always assumed that David Fan was fully briefed on all aspects of the business - however that seems to be not the case.

Q) Are customers/investors threatening legal action at this time?
A) Yes.

Q) Is there a dispute between ROCKMINER and ASICMINER, and if so, can you share what is happening?
A) There is a dispute. The problem is that the underlying agreement is cluttered throughout write-ups, emails and verbal hearsay. And now FC is missing and cannot make a statement.

Q) Is ASICMiner solvent? Has ASICMiner taken steps to secure additional funding for core projects, chip development, etc.?
A) AM management seems to have failed to secure funding for core activities and the funding situation seems to have degenerated dramatically since Nov/2014. The problem is that there are no proper records to validate those claims quickly. An accountant would have to do a complete transactional rerun, using one of the valid financial statements as a checkpoint. According to David Fan the company bank accounts are low on funds and any remaining company funds may reside in accounts only FC has access to.

Q) What's next for ASICMiner?
A) There is increasing evidence that AM seems to be a one trick pony. I have no other way of putting it. As such, provided the bitcoin price rises, you can expect bitcoin mining devices to be produced which - should the profit margin be sustainable - should create shareholders value.

Q) With regards to the AM situation, could you elaborate on the what HashLord is and the role it played in AMHash?
A) I am sorry for the potential confusion. Hashlord was coined in reference to Landlord as the entity who is in control of the hashing power. At the current time it is not clear WHO that entity really was (Operator/AM/RM/FC/Third party). Obviously the operator can alway become the Hashlord by replugging the mining devices. That may have been the case - but there is no data to confirm that.

I hope I covered all the questions. If I missed one please state it again.

Regards

So to sum it up: asicminer doesn't give shit unless they go to jail or are seriously hunted? Also what do you mean by volunteering? FC is not indebted to us, ASICMINER is indebted to us. Your company is over no matter what happens - after such fiasco there is no coming back whatever you do, but if you have at least some dignity refund your customers you stole from and leave this business, you caused enough damage already, you should be ashamed of yourselves scammers, you are a disgrace to human beings

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:03:54 PM

At 0.013 its half tempting to pick up 5k chares through Havelock just to be able to demand direct info from the board and Dave.

It would still be fairly expensive even at 0.013 5000 shares is 65 BTC
@ 300 USD = $19,500

At 0.013 its half tempting to pick up 5k chares through Havelock just to be able to demand direct info from the board and Dave.

It was a nice dream while it lasted, with a honeymoon period and then a slow then steady decline

Obligatory depression post:

5000 shares at the peak of AM = 30,000 BTC+ @ that times BTC price = $150 BTC) = 4.5 million
Today: $18k and change.

Keep in mind the market would not have absorbed 5000 shares at the peak price. Anyone know the liquidity/slippage back when it was 5BTC or so a share?

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:19:49 PM

Keep in mind the market would not have absorbed 5000 shares at the peak price...

Just like the market won't absorb 5k shares today, at the not-so-peak price Smiley
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:39:29 PM

Keep in mind the market would not have absorbed 5000 shares at the peak price...

Just like the market won't absorb 5k shares today, at the not-so-peak price Smiley
Much less slippage in BTC price though.

Well - as the title of the thread goes, ASICMINER entered the future of ASICMINING by inventing it. But couldn't go much further than that.

Congrats to all those who made a profit. As usual the name of this game is get as many bitcoins as you can.

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
Silverspoon

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 08:50:44 PM

Much less slippage in BTC price though.

Not really, first bid is already 50% down Undecided

*But yeah, doesn't matter.
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:04:44 PM

It would still be fairly expensive even at 0.013 5000 shares is 65 BTC
@ 300 USD = $19,500

It was a nice dream while it lasted, with a honeymoon period and then a slow then steady decline

Obligatory depression post:

5000 shares at the peak of AM = 30,000 BTC+ @ that times BTC price = $150 BTC) = 4.5 million
Today: $18k and change.

Keep in mind the market would not have absorbed 5000 shares at the peak price. Anyone know the liquidity/slippage back when it was 5BTC or so a share?

5 BTC was not the peak, over 10k shares traded hands between 5-7 BTC (I believe right around 7 was the peak) and that was only on BTCT not including private deals.
MidwestMiner

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:06:11 PM

Q) I think a price "explosion" is imminent,  not to ATH territory,  but $400 or so is definitely in the cards.
A) 400 will likely not be enough. A reasonable risk/reward ratio starts at > 1000 USD.

Q) What kind of dollars are we talking would be required from such an investor?  
A) > $10M for a packaged deal to make sense.

Q) Does AM have possession of the IP related to BE300?
A) Yes. AM management also has a direct account with TSMC.

Q) You say the funding situation is Dire,  is this due to FC being in sole possession of the keys?
A) The funding situation is very opaque. David Fan cannot provide information on current accounting. He is currently paying bills from some of the remaining company funds, surplus cash flow and personal funds. The accounting was managed by friedcat, and the last financial statement was delivered 4 months late and incomplete. He was asked to make it complete, clean it up and publish it - which never happened. Given the current circumstance I may as well show the incomplete statement, which covers the time May/2014-Oct/2014:
https://mega.co.nz/#!YUtUwa4K!o9VTJYkv0-eO0V6UU3vPwXZshItuBwq-z146p0pBH6E

Q) Do you think FC is safe?
A) I have insufficient information for such a conjecture. I certainly hope he is safe.

Q) Is there a plan yet to compensate shareholders for Amhash1 shares held on Havelock?
A) On the side of AM any compensation would likely have to be financed either through operating revenue (which currently is going to 0 due to bitcoin price staying low and required funding to restock chip inventory) or the personal funds of volunteering shareholders. Unfortunately the morale among shareholders is rock bottom so everyone is looking at David Fan, especially since he also has an official company function. The question which is not so easy to answer is whether there would be a moral or legal obligation for such "volunteering". That said, he expressed his desire to develop a compensation plan for contract holders, conditional on the premise that everybody in the delivery chain carries a fair share.

Q) Hi, I don't get it, David should be as rich as FC! Why doesn't he invest into his company? Or rent coins to AM?
A) Why invest in a company which is loaded with liability when you don't feel responsible for the current situation? Also, wouldn't it be smarter to use the funds to restock the company with the latest chips in order to generate a profit from which these liabilities can be served? At the end this is a structural problem, that's why a reorganization of the company may be unavoidable.

Q) In the situation where the BTC price rises and free's up additional capital or VC money comes in to support the production of BE300, could shareholders reasonably expect to see some type of return later this year?
A) I cannot give investment advise. There are two types of returns. Revenue through increased market price and dividends. It would be very unlikely to see a company in the current state paying any dividends in the immediate future. Funds are better used to solve structural problems. The only exception to this would be a liquidation event of an unknown amount.

Q) Is the only other option the company goes under due to lack of funds and the legal process begins for those who wish to pursue it?
A) Provided that the core team stays intact and true to the mission the company would likely co-exist with bigger corps in the market place. How that would be structured is unknown. Any legal proceedings would of course hamper the ability of the company to operate, unless the situation is very asymmetric (i.e. legal defense costs are dramatically lower than legal offense costs).

Q) Anything else you can share with me would be appreciated. I would like your candid thoughts on the likelihood of VC coming in to play the role of white knight in the next 30-60 days window BE300 competitively has to get out to market. The other scenario is bound to happen, however we do not know if the price rise will take place in time for the chip to be profitable to product en masse.
A) The only way to make this work with an outside investor within 30-60 days is to do a clear cut reorg with a new Manager who has some experience in the industry.

Q) Why did ASICMiner wait weeks to provide concrete answers on the situation?
A) The board was officially fully informed of the "FC missing" problem at the end of February. Since then there has been a struggle for information, especially since FC apparently made himself a single point of failure on all kind of things. It was always assumed that David Fan was fully briefed on all aspects of the business - however that seems to be not the case.

Q) Are customers/investors threatening legal action at this time?
A) Yes.

Q) Is there a dispute between ROCKMINER and ASICMINER, and if so, can you share what is happening?
A) There is a dispute. The problem is that the underlying agreement is cluttered throughout write-ups, emails and verbal hearsay. And now FC is missing and cannot make a statement.

Q) Is ASICMiner solvent? Has ASICMiner taken steps to secure additional funding for core projects, chip development, etc.?
A) AM management seems to have failed to secure funding for core activities and the funding situation seems to have degenerated dramatically since Nov/2014. The problem is that there are no proper records to validate those claims quickly. An accountant would have to do a complete transactional rerun, using one of the valid financial statements as a checkpoint. According to David Fan the company bank accounts are low on funds and any remaining company funds may reside in accounts only FC has access to.

Q) What's next for ASICMiner?
A) There is increasing evidence that AM seems to be a one trick pony. I have no other way of putting it. As such, provided the bitcoin price rises, you can expect bitcoin mining devices to be produced which - should the profit margin be sustainable - should create shareholders value.

Q) With regards to the AM situation, could you elaborate on the what HashLord is and the role it played in AMHash?
A) I am sorry for the potential confusion. Hashlord was coined in reference to Landlord as the entity who is in control of the hashing power. At the current time it is not clear WHO that entity really was (Operator/AM/RM/FC/Third party). Obviously the operator can alway become the Hashlord by replugging the mining devices. That may have been the case - but there is no data to confirm that.

I hope I covered all the questions. If I missed one please state it again.

Regards

So to sum it up: asicminer doesn't give shit unless they go to jail or are seriously hunted? Also what do you mean by volunteering? FC is not indebted to us, ASICMINER is indebted to us. Your company is over no matter what happens - after such fiasco there is no coming back whatever you do, but if you have at least some dignity refund your customers you stole from and leave this business, you caused enough damage already, you should be ashamed of yourselves scammers, you are a disgrace to human beings

$10 millions is not an outlandish sum for 10% of the network a o in current hardware + IP for the most effective 28nm chip on the market.
L

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:16:25 PM

If they have a functional and competitive chip why not go with pre-orders like every other mining devices selling company, if they get enough money/orders they could make the chips.

Has this been discussed already?
Silverspoon

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 10:36:40 PM

If they have a functional and competitive chip why not go with pre-orders like every other mining devices selling company, if they get enough money/orders they could make the chips.

No functional competitive chip--only [alleged] samples, unconfirmed by independent sources.
No production runs scheduled with foundry.
No management team.
No one foolish enough to preorder AM hardware in light of past history & recent catnapping.<==disregard, because Bitcoin.
MidwestMiner

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:00:45 PM

No functional competitive chip--only [alleged] samples, unconfirmed by independent sources.
No production runs scheduled with foundry.
No management team.
No one foolish enough to preorder AM hardware in light of past history & recent catnapping.<==disregard, because Bitcoin.

I'm actually pretty convinced that they could raise funds this way. AM has never failed to deliver a device once chips were confirmed as functional. Pretty sure they could sell $10 million in hardware preorders for equipment for delivery in June if they had management team and could prove functionality of the chip. Production runs for 28nm grow on trees.
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:06:44 PM

I'm giving AM one more week for FC to surface before I write this one off.
If there isn't closure by then, this will just become a cluster-fuck - and I don't have the time or patience for the drama.

In July, I put half my money into AM shares and half into mining equipment.
My mining doubled up and my AM shares zeroed out.
I'm even.

Going into this next season, I'm more than willing to switch horses.
MidwestMiner

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:11:32 AM

I'm giving AM one more week for FC to surface before I write this one off.
If there isn't closure by then, this will just become a cluster-fuck - and I don't have the time or patience for the drama.

In July, I put half my money into AM shares and half into mining equipment.
My mining doubled up and my AM shares zeroed out.
I'm even.

Going into this next season, I'm more than willing to switch horses.

I still sit on about 150 AM1 shares. Of course it sucks to see them be worth roughly 2,5 pittances but I was also lucky enough to catch the ride from 0.3->4.5 BTC where i sold the majority of my holding. Not selling now. Its either busto or rebuild.
flame1012

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:02:15 AM

AsicMiner should first rebuild their trust by compensating their victims to go any further.
And convince people that it is recovering from the current situation.
Who's going to invest in them whit this level of trust.
The new generation of their chips won't go anywhere.
Even customers won't buy mining gear from a sinking ship.

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 06:07:31 AM

...yet another exit scam black mark for pseudonymous bitcoin ventures
...Identity and reputation are important in business and I guess this is yet another life lesson any investors.  

So many life lessons...  You must be at least a PhD by now, doctor.

On my way... at least I don't have to rely on 50 cents per post for my living. I may not be a great trader, and possibly somewhat naive, but I still have more beanie babies BTC than you. See you in 5 years bud. Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:38:46 AM

Step 1: Disappear and stop paying dividends intentionally cause your share price to plummet.
Step 2: Buy up lots of shares through sockpuppets for pennies.
Step 3: Come back and offer some excuse for your disappearance. Pay all dividends.
Step 4: Announce new products and business plan. Share price skyrockets.
Step 5a: If your new products are mostly hype, sell shares acquired through sockpuppets at 10x+ profit
Step 5b: If your new products are real, keep the shares and profit from your increased ownership acquired for nearly nothing.

This plan is much better than just stealing the money. Much lower chance of getting in trouble with the police, but still a great profit potential. Remember, he's from a country where people are executed for serious financial crimes. He could run away, sure. It's a gamble. I've never owned AM shares but I'm buying some now just in case he is making the smarter move.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:50:11 AM

Step 1: Disappear and stop paying dividends intentionally cause your share price to plummet.
Step 3: Come back and offer some excuse for your disappearance. Pay all dividends.
Step 5a: If your new products are mostly hype, sell shares acquired through sockpuppets at 10x+ profit
Step 5b: If your new products are real, keep the shares and profit from your increased ownership acquired for nearly nothing.

This plan is much better than just stealing the money. Much lower chance of getting in trouble with the police, but still a great profit potential. Remember, he's from a country where people are executed for serious financial crimes. He could run away, sure. It's a gamble. I've never owned AM shares but I'm buying some now just in case he is making the smarter move.

that is pure wishful thinking...
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:58:08 AM

that is pure wishful thinking...

No, I understand the chances are low. I simply want to make a small gamble that he comes back (because there are some sensible reasons to do so). The chance of the bet working out is probably not very high. The reward if it does work out will likely be very high.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:15:10 AM

Actually I find it strange that everyone is ignoring the fact that FC didn't place a wafer order before his disappearance. He was supposed to have chips in hand in February so the order was supposed to be placed in December or early January. This never happened, yet nobody is complaining about this. If we ignore all the recent facts the problem is still there. They never intended to have miners with BE300 chip. Not on this financial situation.

I'm actually pretty convinced that they could raise funds this way. AM has never failed to deliver a device once chips were confirmed as functional. Pretty sure they could sell $10 million in hardware preorders for equipment for delivery in June if they had management team and could prove functionality of the chip. Production runs for 28nm grow on trees.

You also believed that they will sell or deploy all the 60Ph/s worth of BE200 chips right?

Pages: « 1 ... 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 [1304] 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: