Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916325 times)
keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:18:18 AM

At 0.013 its half tempting to pick up 5k chares through Havelock just to be able to demand direct info from the board and Dave.

It would still be fairly expensive even at 0.013 5000 shares is 65 BTC
@ 300 USD = $19,500

At 0.013 its half tempting to pick up 5k chares through Havelock just to be able to demand direct info from the board and Dave.

It was a nice dream while it lasted, with a honeymoon period and then a slow then steady decline

Obligatory depression post:

5000 shares at the peak of AM = 30,000 BTC+ @ that times BTC price = $150 BTC) = 4.5 million
Today: $18k and change.

Keep in mind the market would not have absorbed 5000 shares at the peak price. Anyone know the liquidity/slippage back when it was 5BTC or so a share?

5 BTC was not the peak, over 10k shares traded hands between 5-7 BTC (I believe right around 7 was the peak) and that was only on BTCT not including private deals.
Ok, thanks for the info!

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:31:05 PM

If they have a functional and competitive chip why not go with pre-orders like every other mining devices selling company, if they get enough money/orders they could make the chips.

Has this been discussed already?

Actually I find it strange that everyone is ignoring the fact that FC didn't place a wafer order before his disappearance. He was supposed to have chips in hand in February so the order was supposed to be placed in December or early January. This never happened, yet nobody is complaining about this. If we ignore all the recent facts the problem is still there. They never intended to have miners with BE300 chip. Not on this financial situation.

Would the decision to produce the BE300 have been lucrative.  Would it have been competitive?  Would AM have been able to produce profitable miners?  If not, there was no point in sinking the sizeable sums of money into the venture.  We already know the fate of the BE200...

I'm actually pretty convinced that they could raise funds this way. AM has never failed to deliver a device once chips were confirmed as functional. Pretty sure they could sell $10 million in hardware preorders for equipment for delivery in June if they had management team and could prove functionality of the chip. Production runs for 28nm grow on trees.

You also believed that they will sell or deploy all the 60Ph/s worth of BE200 chips right?

AM clearly wanted to sell or deploy 60 PH and they tried.  Chip sales did not go well so they produced the AMtube.  The AMTube wasn't efficient enough so they produced the Prisma which consumed twice the number of BE200 chips and ultimately itself through immolation which led to wholesale replacement of the units with the Prisma 2.0 and or refunds. It didn't go as planned so they stopped while there was still sufficient funding to pursue the next generation; presumably the BE300.. (see above, lather, rinse, repeat)

You seem to believe that AM made baseless claims.  They had goals that were quite simply not realized even though the effort was put forth.
Ragnarokdel

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 12:49:23 PM

If they have a functional and competitive chip why not go with pre-orders like every other mining devices selling company, if they get enough money/orders they could make the chips.

Has this been discussed already?
nobody would buy from them... Their company is a complete mess.
primeminer

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:51:22 PM

It is a gamble but from my own point of view I would consider investing my AMhash shares and some more in BE300 if all of the conditions were met:

1 there is clear and pubic plan from sample to chip/device with mile stones on the time line.
2 there is a clear structure of management
3 There is a person on the board who communicates with non-chinese investors
4 there are simple business continuity risk polices in place

providing that  test of the sample where close to be as good as announced some time ago. With chips doing 0.2 J/ghs, or even 0.35 there is a larger window than it was with BE200.

but it is a dream, the same as might appear in the head of a person who still can see but already been beheaded. Asic Miner seems to have no assets, little bit of cash and bunch of greedy managers. They have fired line stuff, have no money, no idea, no leadership and to top it up feel very little bit of responsibility. They have personal packed wallets but can not trust themselves and invest in OWN company, but at the same time hope that someone else will do.

Regarding 1000 usd target btc/usd it is just FUBAR. We reached moment when btc price is dictated mostly by one factor - electricity cost, other are just a fluctuation from demand. Just look at Bitmain's reaction to AM failure. Most of us know that there will be no large deployments in near future. BF is far away from wafer order, AM we know, Bitman has got to sell off existing stock (which already is on). Difficulty will not rise that rapidly in next few months there will be swings down to xrate of btc.

So there is no reason why BE300 wafer should not be placed Dec/Jan before alleged Mine theft. I would want to hear real explanation to this question.
If there is no good answer I may assume that all of the events as AMHash failure, BE300 and no idea now are not a coincidence but an exit strategy  

mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2015, 02:08:53 PM

So to sum it up: asicminer doesn't give shit unless they go to jail or are seriously hunted? Also what do you mean by volunteering? FC is not indebted to us, ASICMINER is indebted to us. Your company is over no matter what happens - after such fiasco there is no coming back whatever you do, but if you have at least some dignity refund your customers you stole from and leave this business, you caused enough damage already, you should be ashamed of yourselves scammers, you are a disgrace to human beings

+1
MidwestMiner

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 02:18:30 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2015, 03:07:40 PM by MidwestMiner

It is a gamble but from my own point of view I would consider investing my AMhash shares and some more in BE300 if all of the conditions were met:

1 there is clear and pubic plan from sample to chip/device with mile stones on the time line.

providing that  test of the sample where close to be as good as announced some time ago. With chips doing 0.2 J/ghs, or even 0.35 there is a larger window than it was with BE200.

but it is a dream, the same as might appear in the head of a person who still can see but already been beheaded. Asic Miner seems to have no assets, little bit of cash and bunch of greedy managers. They have fired line stuff, have no money, no idea, no leadership and to top it up feel very little bit of responsibility. They have personal packed wallets but can not trust themselves and invest in OWN company, but at the same time hope that someone else will do.

Regarding 1000 usd target btc/usd it is just FUBAR. We reached moment when btc price is dictated mostly by one factor - electricity cost, other are just a fluctuation from demand. Just look at Bitmain's reaction to AM failure. Most of us know that there will be no large deployments in near future. BF is far away from wafer order, AM we know, Bitman has got to sell off existing stock (which already is on). Difficulty will not rise that rapidly in next few months there will be swings down to xrate of btc.

So there is no reason why BE300 wafer should not be placed Dec/Jan before alleged Mine theft. I would want to hear real explanation to this question.
If there is no good answer I may assume that all of the events as AMHash failure, BE300 and no idea now are not a coincidence but an exit strategy  

Agree with all points. If FC/owners didn't plan on "disappearing" thee would have been no reason not to place the wafer order. Even if using all available funds for wafers (even mining funds and AMhash payouts) AM would have been in a far better state than today considering wafer orders for 28nm aren't that expensive anymore.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 08:07:07 PM

I believe one of the reasons that still now there is virtually no transparency is the bolded part. They want more sucker money without disclosing much at all seemingly because they don't want to invest themselves, or they want a sweet priority deal leaving the rest of the investors with scraps.

Are there enough gullible suckers in the community to put a bitcent more without transparency? Maybe.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:49:36 PM

Chips weren't ordered because there was no money to pay for the order.  Attempts at securing necessary funds failed. So the order was never placed due to the lack of funds.
ninjarobot

Activity: 761
Merit: 500

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:58:05 PM

Actually I find it strange that everyone is ignoring the fact that FC didn't place a wafer order before his disappearance. He was supposed to have chips in hand in February so the order was supposed to be placed in December or early January. This never happened, yet nobody is complaining about this. If we ignore all the recent facts the problem is still there. They never intended to have miners with BE300 chip. Not on this financial situation.

Right. The order should have been placed in the 2nd week of December 2014 after the BE300s had been successfully tested in single and multi-chip board configurations. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260.0

Chips weren't ordered because there was no money to pay for the order.  Attempts at securing necessary funds failed. So the order was never placed due to the lack of funds.

If this is true, the game was up last year already. All this shady disappearance / empty office / stolen farm business is just kabuki theater.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 09:59:59 PM

There are many interpretations to there being "no money". No money in AM's remaining funds, no money in the board member's wallets, no money because "only FC has control over the accounts with funds" etc etc.

I personally have no clue what those "attempts at securing funds" consisted of. Maybe this is public information?

If there were no funds before FC disappeared then it has been a full blown scam by everyone with access to this information in the board, since last year.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Silverspoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:01:15 PM

If this is true, the game was up last year already. All this shady disappearance / empty office / stolen farm business is just kabuki theater.

Dishonesty?  In MY Bitcoin securities?!
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:04:14 PM

There are many interpretations to there being "no money". No money in AM's remaining funds, no money in the board member's wallets, no money because "only FC has control over the accounts with funds" etc etc.

I personally have no clue what those "attempts at securing funds" consisted of. Maybe this is public information?

If there were no funds before FC disappeared then it has been a full blown scam by everyone with access to this information in the board, since last year.

If the was 'no money', then what happened to the ~60 Ph/s worth of BE200 chips that were ordered in June of 2014?  Even if the chips were poorly designed, I'm sure that someone would buy them if heavily discounted.

Also, what was all of this talk about having cheap electricity in northern China?  If the rates were as cheap as suggest, why not just self mine?
silverfuture
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1008

central banking = outdated protocol

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 10:50:48 PM

how to spot a lie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_6vDLq64gE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NastyFans - The Fan Club for Bitcoin Enthusiasts | MININGCOINS | POOL | ESCROW
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fordee

Activity: 146

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:06:58 PM

Right. The order should have been placed in the 2nd week of December 2014 after the BE300s had been successfully tested in single and multi-chip board configurations. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=888260.0

Phrased differently, at what point did the board members all start to dump their shares?    Lots of constant imports since December to Havelock...   If the board was aware that there was no money to place a BE300 order, why even bother with sample chips... and did they use the information to dump discretely?

My guess is that Bitfountain had no need to 'dump shares' as they already controlled the wallets per se..    Did any board members have the opportunity to bail before Friedcats disappearance became 'Public' information?

MidwestMiner

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:09:05 PM

Had this been disclosed I am sure that AM could have raised the funds easily by issuing shares or taking out a traditional loan in some form. Seems straight up scam my now.
MidwestMiner

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 11:11:16 PM

100% true and if this was information that board members had access to, then I would like to know if these members sold shares based on this priveliged information. 
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 01:17:19 AM

So you just run away??
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:40:56 AM

100% true and if this was information that board members had access to, then I would like to know if these members sold shares based on this priveliged information. 

Lets play along.. Let's say they knew, it wouldn't change anything at all. Unregulated securities are just that.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:58:06 AM

Q) With regards to the AM situation, could you elaborate on the what HashLord is and the role it played in AMHash?
A) I am sorry for the potential confusion. Hashlord was coined in reference to Landlord as the entity who is in control of the hashing power. At the current time it is not clear WHO that entity really was (Operator/AM/RM/FC/Third party). Obviously the operator can always become the Hashlord by replugging the mining devices. That may have been the case - but there is no data to confirm that.

Regards

I was curious what the heck a Hashlord was but It makes sense it was the one controlling the Hash
Also nice nickname he-he sounds like a Magic the Gathering GM
Fear the Hashlord
Anyways thanks for taking the time to answer those Q@A's

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
yuchuanzhen

Activity: 234

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:59:44 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2015, 08:09:25 AM by yuchuanzhen

Breaking News:

Base on some reliable source,Friedcat went to Thailand on Feb 16.
But there are still no entry record(the record back to China).

Link: http://weibo.com/2242645650/C8NXWuSw1

Tip:17YxKtDNYWjkhPYTKieh4xSGuyAfL4kJ5o
Pages: « 1 ... 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 [1305] 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: