Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:50:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916325 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:06:44 PM

I am at crossroads here with my consciousness, if i pursue this further, it is almost sure they will get executed and in the end i will end up with no money and with some dead guys in my purse. The Chinese gov. and the Russian gov. are best friends right now and if this comes to their knowledge, they will not spare some lives for satisfying their Russian friends.

This is the vengeance option.

At this point, i would like to summon the opinion of the users of consciousness, seriously, no jokes or insults, just for this time, behave like men, men of honor and consciousness .

You're at a crossroads with your sanity.  No joke.  Seek help.
Delusional.
Seems reasonable to me. Boris here just calls up his buddy Vladimir, who dials Jinping, and bing bang boom it's a dead cat.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Digigami

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:11:41 PM

Can someone point me to a post which describes the relationship between ASICMINER and AMHash?

I had believed it was a separate entity, and did not effect the core business. But now I am not certain, a post stating the AM Board is working on relief for AMHash holders and nothing in regards to AM holders is rather confusing.
Cthulhu

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:26:24 PM

Can someone point me to a post which describes the relationship between ASICMINER and AMHash?

I had believed it was a separate entity, and did not effect the core business. But now I am not certain, a post stating the AM Board is working on relief for AMHash holders and nothing in regards to AM holders is rather confusing.

Here you go:

AMHash1 is the first of a series of mining contracts.

In this contract, the hashrate is provided by ASICMiner, the management is provided by
RockMiner, and the platform is provided by HavelockInvestments.

For updates please view
http://www.amhash.com/

The purchasing site is
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/order.php?symbol=AMHASH1

The forum contact ID is amhash. The email contact is fund@amhash.com.

Introduction
AMHash1 is a mining Fund which has 5 Peta-hash per second or (5,000,000 Giga-hashes per second) in total.
The Fund is divided into 5 million (5,000,000) s each of which represents 1Gigahash per second.
The price of each unit is 1.25 mBTC (0.00125 BTC).
The contract starts at 18:00:00 in November 4, 2014(Beijing Time, GMT+8).
The time is based on forum time.

Duration for the IPO:
IPO Starting Time: 18:00:00, October 24, 2014(Beijing Time, GMT+8)
IPO Closing Time: 18:00:00, November 4, 2014(Beijing Time, GMT+8)

Advantages
1. Higher ROI; low cost on both initial price and maintenance fee.

2. Flexible trading; the contract is fully tradable at the secondary market through Havelock Investments trading platform allowing you to exit your position at any time.

3. Guaranteed profit; Compared to others, AMHash1 Fund will pay you dividends based on hashrate equivalent calculation protecting your earnings and shielding you from hardware maintenance cost and risk.

5. It simplifies the ROI estimations by eliminating the factors involved in constructing a mining farm, such as infrastructure cost, shipping time, repairing, electricity bill and labor.

6. 100% real hasharate; The live photos of mining farm and hashrate monitor platform will be provided and fully disclosed.

Payout calculation
Payouts are done daily.

The payout rate before fee substraction is 25 / (difficulty * 4.295) BTC per unit per second.

The fee is 1.89*10^(-8) USD per unit per second. It will be substracted from the pre-fee payout rate. The exchange rate is based on bitstamp 24h average.

The total seconds of each payout is:

1. in the first payout, 3,600 * 24.

2. During normal payouts, the number of seconds during the most recent payout to this payout.

If there is a difficulty change between two payouts, the due payout will be calculated based on two different difficulties and their corresponding time intervals.

If the calculated payout after fee substraction is less than or equal to zero, the contract will be suspended. If the number of subsequent days suspended reaches 10, the contract terminates.

Risk control
1. Before IPO closes, ASICMiner has the right to buy back at the price of IPO price * 100.5%.

2. During the first 45 days after IPO closes, ASICMiner has the right to buy back at the price of (IPO price - total payouts) * 120%. The notification period is 3 days.

3. If the delay of payment happens, all unpaid payments will be accounted separately on daily basis and increase by 0.02% per day(flat rate based on the initial unpaid payment amount, no compound rate) after three days.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 11:38:14 PM

Why weren't shareholders informed that AM couldn't finance BE300?

Hey Jutarul you missed this question.

If you're frustrated how management carried out their decisions you're in good company. Unfortunately it's too late to change anything about it now.

I think many shareholders are frustrated about the lack of financial statement for Q4 2014 and the lack of communication overall, but they couldn't do anything about it. Saying that now it's too late makes me think that they could've done something which is simply false.

explorer
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:26:14 AM

I am not certain, a post stating the AM Board is working on relief for AMHash holders and nothing in regards to AM holders is rather confusing.

This.  AH hash is a sideshow.  Why is it centre stage, besides the yipping of helicopter boy?
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:13:33 AM

I am not certain, a post stating the AM Board is working on relief for AMHash holders and nothing in regards to AM holders is rather confusing.

This.  AH hash is a sideshow.  Why is it centre stage, besides the yipping of helicopter boy?

Beat's me but it seems to be where the biggest voice is so I presume its to try and placate it

You are correct. Funding should have been secured in November/December the latest. Failure of creating a financial roadmap seems to be a prevalent theme with AM. Unfortunately roadmaps is something which small companies hardly do in their attempt to optimize business agility.

An important lesson in a sense have all companies create financial roadmaps
Looking back retrospectively it always sounded like FC had one but I guess it was just well positioned talking.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:49:34 AM

Why weren't shareholders informed that AM couldn't finance BE300?

Hey Jutarul you missed this question.

If you're frustrated how management carried out their decisions you're in good company. Unfortunately it's too late to change anything about it now.

I think many shareholders are frustrated about the lack of financial statement for Q4 2014 and the lack of communication overall, but they couldn't do anything about it. Saying that now it's too late makes me think that they could've done something which is simply false.
FC was continuously reminded to publish financial statements since they were due in Q4 2014. He also was reminded to secure financing for the tape out. It was considered a discretionary decision of the CEO to bring this either to public attention or not.

Sample chips for BE300 rolled out in December. At the quality of communication FC engaged in, some board members assumed this to be the actual tape out. In January at the board meeting FC communicated that there was no financing for the BE300 TO - that some investors were discouraged by the falling BTC price. I can only assume that this means he had someone making assurances and that someone didn't follow through.

In principal I agree with you and looking at it from a hindsight perspective, informing all shareholders may have encouraged some assistance. But this thing was going fast from 100 to 0 in 1-3 weeks.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 09:44:53 AM

In principal I agree with you and looking at it from a hindsight perspective, informing all shareholders may have encouraged some assistance. But this thing was going fast from 100 to 0 in 1-3 weeks.

you heard it guys. It is really time. Good night, it was a nice ride. But everything stops somewhere.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 10:37:32 AM

In January at the board meeting FC communicated that there was no financing for the BE300 TO
How much $$$ was needed?  Does this make any sense at all, given the size of some of the known AM wallets?  (EDIT: Okay, $10m is quite a lot.)

And we're still left with FC having disappeared and a large number of bitcoins seemingly having disappeared.  It still has exit scam written all over it. Sad
laustcozz

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 12:16:39 PM

If the company failed it failed and there is nothing to do about it.  Any remaining funds need to be distributed per share to the share holders.
Lincoln6Echo
Legendary

Activity: 2459
Merit: 1057

Don't use bitcoin.de if you care about privacy!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 01:30:59 PM

If the company failed it failed and there is nothing to do about it.  Any remaining funds need to be distributed per share to the share holders.
+ BE300 Design ca be sold too. But I doubt ,,AM Managment'' would distribute these earnings among all share holders.

Why didn't FC reported about the missed funding of AM300 TO to public? In my opinion admitting failure was not an option for FC so he left. He has a sh*#load of BTC under his control.
teek

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:44:26 PM

For your clarification, FC stated that there is enough funding to keep people employed and working on design for a considerable amount of time. That didn't include major expense items like tape out costs, which he considered timing and market dependent. 1 Obviously it doesn't make sense to spend $10 million on a tape out for a new chip if BTC sells at 1 USD 2 (Reductio ad absurdum).

You are correct. Funding should have been secured in November/December the latest. Failure of creating a financial roadmap seems to be a prevalent theme with AM. 3 Unfortunately roadmaps is something which small companies hardly do in their attempt to optimize business agility.

If you're frustrated how management carried out their decisions you're in good company. Unfortunately it's too late to change anything about it now. 4

Jutarul,  yes i am very frustrated.  However thank you for helping answer some of these questions.  

Some points to add though:

1) Making a public statement saying that AM has enough capital to move forward regardless of BTC price,  on basically the eve of a make or break product,  while not having funding in place to produce said product, was EXTREMELY misleading.   People bought on that statement and made decisions on that statement.   No one was  thinking, that BE300 is going to get held up because of MONEY of all things.

2) It does make sense to produce BE300 regardless of BTC price as a matter of fact,  if we want to talk about timing,  everyone is hurting right now, and the block reward halving draws near.  The name of the game is to capture as many BTC as possible.  This environment could actually be the best time possible to secure a future for AM as while the price it isn't so attractive for new players to enter or competition to forge ahead aggressively with new hardware.  The closer we get to the cutting edge technology the harder it becomes.  Now is the  ONLY time.  

3)  I  disagree that there was no roadmap,  i have no more information than what is posted here and it is plain as day that samples were ordered,  they came back good,  we knew there needed to be mass production by march / april  (basically now).  It is obvious the order needed to go in as soon as the samples were confirmed good.  Looks like a roadmap to me.

which leads me to #4

4) It is NOT to late to change anything now, btc price is still depressed and though some of the competitive advantage is gone it still seems like BE300 is a good chip and stands to be able to capture some serious BTC,  however from where i sit it doesn't seem like anything is being done about that.  Doddling around like this just makes it look setup to fail.

Another thought:   Though you say the duties of the board members weren't defined.  Each member had their own duty to themselves (as to protect their own wealth!!!!!) and to shareholders to ensure / steer the company to the right path,  ie: to DIRECT.  From the sounds of it,  you guys let FC handle everything.  Not having any idea where finances sit at or letting the FREAKING CEO handle menial tasks such as share transfers for example and accept that as a good use of his time is ABSURD.  What the hell is everyone thinking?   I know from experience that being the head of even small companies is stressful as all hell,  i could not imagine what it must be like to be FC,  and everyone,  board members and management included failed him.   The fact no one knows what is going on is because you guys did not do your jobs to DEMAND to know what is going on.

I also would like to know the answers to some of the other questions asked in the thread that have gone un answered.  Namely:

What BE200 remains unsold and in stock ?  

Is there a rough break down of the 10M required?   Is it possible to break it up in to milestones as to limit the initial risk for people that may want to get involved?

What is the turn around time on a BE300 order,  to packaged chips in hand?

teek

Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 02:49:42 PM

And what about these statements from November?  Huge emphasis on point E

I am going to make a pre-announcement to serve some open questions.
a) financials statements are currently in preparation and start getting processed next week. Dependent on how long the accountant needs, the financial statements should be accessible shortly after
b) FC has committed to making a dividend payment soon to clear OTC and provide a new public checkpoint for shareholder balances.
c) The need for a better information handling with shareholders is being recognized and it's been suggested to prepare a dedicated website to handle company matters. It's part of an internal restructuring effort. I'll let the responsible person provide more details, but I assume that suggestions from shareholders on the best way to implement it (e.g. forum, realtime chat room, ticket systems) are welcome.
d) the good news is that the company is alive and kicking. Based on my assessment they have a solid product and new stuff in the pipeline, which should allow the company to generate revenues to sustain growth. The biggest advantage of AM is its focus on cost competitiveness and solid relationships with suppliers, which allows them to grow the company organically. The bad news is that a lot of opportunity got lost in FY14 and supply chain and product problems prevented AM from generating the expected profit margins. That said FY14 has been a bad year for most companies in the mining space, and thus AM is not a particular exception.
e) AM has enough funding to stay in business independent of BTC valuation for a considerable amount of time.
f) The low valuation of AM has not gone unnoticed. While valuation is currently not an impediment to AM's business, it is recognized as a weakness and may have to be dealt with appropriately at a future point in time.

This was only 4 months ago.  Difficulty has only increased a small amount since then.  BTC / usd has fallen though.
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 03:59:08 PM

Jutarul,  yes i am very frustrated.  However thank you for helping answer some of these questions.  

Some points to add though:

1) Making a public statement saying that AM has enough capital to move forward regardless of BTC price,  on basically the eve of a make or break product,  while not having funding in place to produce said product, was EXTREMELY misleading.   People bought on that statement and made decisions on that statement.   No one was  thinking, that BE300 is going to get held up because of MONEY of all things.
The problem with words is that half the time they get misinterpreted. Just because a company stays in business, doesn't mean that they execute certain projects. Did google fail because they didn't bring google glasses to the mass market?

Right now there seems to be some money stuck in accounts, only FC has access to.

2) It does make sense to produce BE300 regardless of BTC price as a matter of fact,  if we want to talk about timing,  everyone is hurting right now, and the block reward halving draws near.  The name of the game is to capture as many BTC as possible.  This environment could actually be the best time possible to secure a future for AM as while the price it isn't so attractive for new players to enter or competition to forge ahead aggressively with new hardware.  The closer we get to the cutting edge technology the harder it becomes.  Now is the  ONLY time.  
You said it yourself. The name of the game is to get a net return on every BTC invested. That's what investors ultimately look for. FC was extremely aware of that point. BTC prices where still in the 370 USD range when sample chips got received. That's when the financing should have been secured (by funding the accounts). It didn't happen.

3)  I  disagree that there was no roadmap,  i have no more information than what is posted here and it is plain as day that samples were ordered,  they came back good,  we knew there needed to be mass production by march / april  (basically now).  It is obvious the order needed to go in as soon as the samples were confirmed good.  Looks like a roadmap to me.
which leads me to #4

4) It is NOT to late to change anything now, btc price is still depressed and though some of the competitive advantage is gone it still seems like BE300 is a good chip and stands to be able to capture some serious BTC,  however from where i sit it doesn't seem like anything is being done about that.  Doddling around like this just makes it look setup to fail.
Do you want to buyout the company? Be my guest. Current management would love the idea. This is no joke.

Another thought:   Though you say the duties of the board members weren't defined.  Each member had their own duty to themselves (as to protect their own wealth!!!!!) and to shareholders to ensure / steer the company to the right path,  ie: to DIRECT.  From the sounds of it,  you guys let FC handle everything.  Not having any idea where finances sit at or letting the FREAKING CEO handle menial tasks such as share transfers for example and accept that as a good use of his time is ABSURD.  What the hell is everyone thinking?   I know from experience that being the head of even small companies is stressful as all hell,  i could not imagine what it must be like to be FC,  and everyone,  board members and management included failed him.   The fact no one knows what is going on is because you guys did not do your jobs to DEMAND to know what is going on.
I don't know how to respond to that. FC is an adult and he was repeatedly asked to delegate and improve certain conditions. He didn't comply with the requests. The desolate state surrounding providing information to shareholders was no secret. What is more surprising in hindsight is that key people who worked with FC on a daily basis failed to see the signs, and if they were they failed in the same way. The Rockminer story is testament to that.

I also would like to know the answers to some of the other questions asked in the thread that have gone un answered.  Namely:

What BE200 remains unsold and in stock ?  
Based on AM management, about 1000-2000 devices worth. The exact number depends on some quality factors.

Is there a rough break down of the 10M required?   Is it possible to break it up in to milestones as to limit the initial risk for people that may want to get involved?
$2M for fixed costs. The rest is the initial order + potential profit. You can target a lower amount, which either precludes any profit for AM or makes the fixed costs a significant amount. FC mentioned that the minimum order should be around $6M for it to make economical sense, but he said that doesn't include any profit margin.

What is the turn around time on a BE300 order,  to packaged chips in hand?
2-3 months.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:04:27 PM

Group buy of BE300 chips anyone?

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:12:57 PM

Back in the days of Avalon chips there were group buys that accumulated that kind of money. I think there could be people interested in buying raw chips in order to turn them into miners. That being said, $10M is a lot of money, man.

primeminer

Activity: 424

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:19:08 PM

there is nothing better than brand new bathroom tiled with asic chips.....

Having chips is just a beginning of a long way to have pcb, from this point you have to design large scale farm - as it is not profitable to produce domestic user type of a tin. Than you have to find a DC.... And rather one which does NOT steal electricity and the one which will not rob your precious farm.... I am afraid that having 10 $$$ mln in the pocket is not enough....

flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:36:17 PM

Yeah, O.k.    Roll Eyes  I actually profited wildly on A.M.  I didn't lose money and I still have much more than you ever will have.

flyingplows

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:51:21 PM

c) You may have to prove your contract. Please make sure that you got proper documentation ready. However, if you hold a contract through one of the platforms, there may be a consolidated method which doesn't require proof.

And on a more serious note - what do you mean by ''You may have to prove your contract''? How can we prove our contract more than we proved it when transferring from hashie by showing that we have access to the same email that we registered on the platform or to provide some screenshots from havelock? Or are you talking about the case where we take legal action?

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 07:26:03 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 [1312] 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: