Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:32:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916318 times)
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:53:31 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2015, 03:54:06 PM by EternalWingsofGod

Ok I think people around this thread need some tough love.

Friedcat and the people working behind the scenes in ASICMINER are multitudes more honest than most shit big corporate companies outthere. He could have ran with his friends with many many millions that he decided to give back to the shareholders as divs a long time ago. ASICMINER is going down and we all know it but it is not fair when big companies are exposed of screwing up the investors earlier the moment they foresee their doom in the future just so they can still secure themselves with many millions, it is not fair to be this aggressive to friedcat because ASICMINER is going down. You guys though this would be a gold trip for the next century or something? Alot of people here gave many calculations in expectation to this.

Some of you, actually just a few, few few few, Could have done this better when most are likely to screw it up way earlier. If you know that within yourself that you couldn't have done it better, If you know within yourself and be honest to what you rationally believed ASICMINER could do for you. You should be one of the people who keep the silence, and plan their exit.

No hate on you guys and please don't hate on me, this is just an honest opinion.

True enough,  since you did bring it up I'm kind of happy that the trust level on FC is fairly constant to reflect that, sure the company is going belly under but he was the only party that offered to comp for AMHash, and he also distributed miners and provided refunds to users for bad units and as a measure of character it is noteable. Even returned that 50200 BTC txt fee back in the day, so while his company may be busting,  its not an untrustworthy operator fault but a failed company.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:22:47 AM

great fukin company!!!
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 10:26:38 AM

Even returned that 50 BTC txt fee back in the day, so while his company may be busting,  its not an untrustworthy operator fault but a failed company.
Did I miss an important update?  Is FC back? Huh

Or is he still missing, having done a runner with company funds?

Just because he did good things "back in the day" and didn't bolt until things got difficult, doesn't mean he's not a scammer.  It's just a different type of scam.  It's an exit scam.  I'm sure lots of BTC co operators had good intentions when they started out...
lophie

Activity: 924

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 11:24:28 AM

DISCLAIMER: I have been in ASICMINER since IPO here on the forums and GLBSE and completely out since first time it hit 0.16BTC.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 12:28:28 PM

Even returned that 50 BTC txt fee back in the day, so while his company may be busting,  its not an untrustworthy operator fault but a failed company.

Just because he did good things "back in the day" and didn't bolt until things got difficult, doesn't mean he's not a scammer.  It's just a different type of scam.  It's an exit scam.  I'm sure lots of BTC co operators had good intentions when they started out...

He only says that its not the best decision for a scammer to wait scamming until you have way less money you can run with. You assume friedcat scammed but the possibility that he didnt vanish out of his free will is high.

Saying that... i really have no sympathy for being responsible for so many coins that arent yours and you dont even get the idea to secure them. I mean friedcat dying would have meant the same outcome i guess. Personally i would fear i set myself up to a big risk for my personal life and wellbeing and i would prevent that by making me alone unable to give out the coins.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 12:37:21 PM

He only says that its not the best decision for a scammer to wait scamming until you have way less money you can run with. You assume friedcat scammed but the possibility that he didnt vanish out of his free will is high.

Saying that... i really have no sympathy for being responsible for so many coins that arent yours and you dont even get the idea to secure them. I mean friedcat dying would have meant the same outcome i guess. Personally i would fear i set myself up to a big risk for my personal life and wellbeing and i would prevent that by making me alone unable to give out the coins.

too bad he did not escrwo AM funds wit you.. Wink
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 05:26:11 PM

Even returned that 50 BTC txt fee back in the day, so while his company may be busting,  its not an untrustworthy operator fault but a failed company.
Did I miss an important update?  Is FC back? Huh

Just because he did good things "back in the day" and didn't bolt until things got difficult, doesn't mean he's not a scammer.  It's just a different type of scam.  It's an exit scam.  I'm sure lots of BTC co operators had good intentions when they started out...

too bad he did not escrwo AM funds wit you.. Wink

I would have denied. Or suggested me being part of a ring of many escrows who all are needed in accordance to get the funds moved. Otherwise i would have feared for my live and wellbeing. No money would be worth that. Thats why i dont understand friedcat. Either he really is a scammer and needed to hold the keys for that, which sounds unlikely to me because of his past record, he simply denied the risks or he... i dont know.

If he isnt a scammer then this problem sounds like on a level with "oops my harddisc with my wallet crashed and i dont have a backup". Not understandable for someone this experienced.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2015, 05:47:54 AM

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:14:04 AM

I tried to warn people early on.  This is what scares me about Spondoolies now taking the same ethical approach to their future business (i.e. selling finite cloudhashing contracts because it's easier and more profitable and passes more risk to the customer).  Once people take the path of using their reputation to screw their customers for profit, it is difficult to recover.

Don't rush with assumptions. SP-Tech has some unique plans about the cloudhashing contracts. Get digging!

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:27:59 AM

I don't even know why Havelock is still online, this was basically the only thing that brought them volume, lol.
Anyway that's why you trade bitcoins if you want to make money and not shitty semi-stocks.
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 06:55:19 PM

I don't even know why Havelock is still online, this was basically the only thing that brought them volume, lol.
Anyway that's why you trade bitcoins if you want to make money and not shitty semi-stocks.

Well, maybe because Havelock is involved in this shit more than it seems at first  Wink
But at least if they wanted to run they could have opened AMHash1 market trade without permission from amhash Grin This would be quite profotable % to make...

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 11:50:36 PM

The strangest thing happened.  As soon as a stopped investing in bitcoin securities...

I had more bitcoins.

Ain't that the truth, well Bitcoin securities have had a very high tendency to suck
With very few exceptions all of them can be considered failures
In the end you really do have more Bitcoins avoiding them like the plague Wink
Couldn't agree with this more.  Very rarely will you come across a legitimate Bitcoin security.  And even if legitimate to start, far too easy for one person with the 'keys to the kingdom' to basically runway with the goods.

Feel really bad for anybody that invested in asicminer and didn't get out before the crash.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Jonnybitc0in

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 04:01:16 AM

Gen3 had a chance. Wasn't expecting FC to disappear.  Cry
self-mining? DataTank immersion cooling? 60p of chips (40% of the network @ the time) just sitting on shelves? What the heck happened to those 60p?
dividends a distant dream?

It was the moon or zero. Zero it is. So sad.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:36:44 AM

Gen3 had a chance. Wasn't expecting FC to disappear.  Cry
self-mining? DataTank immersion cooling? 60p of chips (40% of the network @ the time) just sitting on shelves? What the heck happened to those 60p?
dividends a distant dream?

It was the moon or zero. Zero it is. So sad.

DataTank was acquired by BitFury.

I really think that the 60PH of chips just sit on the shelves for a long period of time. Yes I know that there are no proofs, it's just my imagination.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

DataTank was acquired by BitFury.

I really think that the 60PH of chips just sit on the shelves for a long period of time. Yes I know that there are no proofs, it's just my imagination.

You need more than chips to make a miner. Power is the killer; designing .6 volt or less supplies at 1,000+ amps is a bitch on wheels. BE got around this by doing a lot of small chips with a lot of little power supplies, but as they cranked the density up this could have caught up with them.

Serious bitch on wheels. Moreso if you have to have 50-100 of them on a board to support 50+ hashing chips. Fail one shorted and unit shuts down with a flaming boom.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:33:02 PM

So I have been looking over the few reports on this debacle and from what I can glean from many poorly translated missives is that David Fan is determined to try and salvage AM. FC most likely walked because he had had enough "internal bullshit" and isn't coming back.
Are we ever going to hear from the operators of AM re; game plan for future? Times a wasting. Some would say times well past due

I really don't expect much to come of it, maybe a final disbursement of the remaining AM assets to shareholders (wishful thinking) possibly they can get some other flaky computer nerd to take the IP for gen  3 and do something. At this point I would merely like some straight talk as to wtf is going on
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 08:42:46 PM

So I have been looking over the few reports on this debacle and from what I can glean from many poorly translated missives is that David Fan is determined to try and salvage AM. FC most likely walked because he had had enough "internal bullshit" and isn't coming back.
Are we ever going to hear from the operators of AM re; game plan for future? Times a wasting. Some would say times well past due

I really don't expect much to come of it, maybe a final disbursement of the remaining AM assets to shareholders (wishful thinking) possibly they can get some other flaky computer nerd to take the IP for gen  3 and do something. At this point I would merely like some straight talk as to wtf is going on

any links to what you were reading?
gogxmagog
Legendary

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 10:23:08 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2015, 11:54:24 PM by gogxmagog

I really don't expect much to come of it, maybe a final disbursement of the remaining AM assets to shareholders (wishful thinking) possibly they can get some other flaky computer nerd to take the IP for gen  3 and do something. At this point I would merely like some straight talk as to wtf is going on

canary in the mine said; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg10607230#msg10607230

statement of david fan promising AM will try to move foreward despite losing FC  http://www.cybtc.org/article-75-1.html

note- canary in the mine has proven to be reliable in the past (i'm not sure but i think he is on the AM board) yet his statement seems to be conjecture.
david fan is the co-founder of AM, and without FC is the CEO now.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 12:21:35 PM

canary in the mine said; https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.msg10607230#msg10607230

statement of david fan promising AM will try to move foreward despite losing FC  http://www.cybtc.org/article-75-1.html

note- canary in the mine has proven to be reliable in the past (i'm not sure but i think he is on the AM board) yet his statement seems to be conjecture.

CEO of nothing is no CEO at all.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 02, 2015, 03:38:12 PM

statement of david fan promising AM will try to move foreward despite losing FC  http://www.cybtc.org/article-75-1.html

CEO of nothing is no CEO at all.

Exactly.

AM has the design of a new chip but no funding to make it.  They don't have access to mine.  Their current chips at ~0.8 W / Gh are marginal at the current difficulty / market price.
Pages: « 1 ... 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: