Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916315 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 01:19:18 PM

am I the only one who just received 0.00010000 BTC in their ASICMINER address? I am writing this one off as spam but it would be interesting if more people received this 'ping'

Check your receiving address out on blockchain.info. The probability is high that there is an advertising text in the comment field, advertising some scam site or so.

This kind of spam is relatively common unfortunately.

I doubt it has something to do with Asicminer.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7951

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:37:54 PM

am I the only one who just received 0.00010000 BTC in their ASICMINER address? I am writing this one off as spam but it would be interesting if more people received this 'ping'

Some goof with a website called x-bitcoins sent 0.0001 to two of my addresses which I'm sure have been publicly posted.  He/she/it claims to have a system that tricks mining pools into thinking you have 100TH/s and therefore you can make 1 bitcoin per day. All you have to do is download their virus script and you too can begin stealing too.
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:34:09 PM

Check your receiving address out on blockchain.info. The probability is high that there is an advertising text in the comment field, advertising some scam site or so.

Spot on:

Public Note: MAKE 1 BTC DAILY MINING FROM YOUR OWN PC WITH NO SPECIAL HARDWARE OR MINING RIGS NEEDED! FARM YOUR FUTURE AT X-BITCOINS.COM !

I've gotten spam dust like this before but usually the amount is less in value. Must be the lower price that makes it affordable to spam this way ;-)
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 05:53:51 AM

No spam here, long term hodler.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 10:32:22 AM

No spam here, long term hodler.

You probably never posted your asicminer bitcoin address on the forum. Or you are a smaller shareholder. I wonder what the spammers are looking for. Crawling the forum for addresses or checking out the blockchain for addresses that get reused often? Maybe they check for low amounts because it could be a newbie that doesn't know the scam or for big amounts because they might check it out and don't care when it is scam?

I wonder if it is rewarding too. Probably not many will reveal that they fall for that.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 11:53:21 AM

this threads boring
ima post this oldie but goodie
just for old times sakes
Jutarul Post 2:

Quote from: gogxmagog on Today at 12:45:20 AM
Any info as to why it is so difficult for AM to get a PR team (or person) set up? They can manage to do quite a bit behind the scenes, you would think a guy who posts updates regularly wouldnt be an issue.

Quote from: jdany on November 21, 2014, 11:38:44 PM
Is there a person selected already - or is there a search still underway?

In a nutshell, the explanation for communication issues is that no clear guideline exists on which information should be released at which time and in which format. So the topic has been dealt with half-assed and procrastinated ad infinitum, and frankly FC had bigger issues to deal with than inform everybody how many problems pop up on a daily basis. That said, AM may still be the most transparent mining device supplier on the market, simply due to the need to disclose financial statements.

Yes - a person has been selected to implement a technical solution. But unless a clear information policy and schedule has been worked out it's exchanging apples for apples. I'll do my best to keep the issue alive and hopefully we can agree on something like a transparent policy guideline which doesn't preclude surprise vectors.

from here https://www.facebook.com/ASICMINER/posts/892177167468261
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:02:00 AM

this threads boring
ima post this oldie but goodie
just for old times sakes

No no no. THIS is oldie, but goldie:

1) What is the status, size, and expected delivery of the next batch of chips? What about the one after that?
re 1) This month: 850k, next month: 3.35m (order size), June: 6.7m (order size), assuming each chip is 10G.

100Ph at $0.5 profit per gh = $50,000,000 or 100,000 btc

100,000/400,000 = 0.25 btc per share. Not bad.

plus

edit: plus, here are my divs calcs :

depending if the next due divs correspond only to batch1-april, we should get about 0,023 BTC by the end of this month.
but it can also take into account batch2-may, and we would then have >0,1 BTC for sure! Cheesy

Cheesy

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:22:40 AM

Ah the good old days. When hopes were high.......just ripe enough for a crash.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 03:12:51 PM

Every single offering in this thread is either bogus or simply doomed.

That sound so strangely familiar.  As if a guy going by crumbs said the very same thing about two years ago...
who'd of thunk it? crumbs was right... too bad he was such an asshat about it, people might have listened.

Reality is not a popularity contest.

"People" need to learn that refusing to listen 'Because Offended' is not an acceptable practice, and has consequences.

Was the pleasure they got from Ignoring\castigating crumbs worth all the BTC they lost?   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:32:26 PM

That sound so strangely familiar.  As if a guy going by crumbs said the very same thing about two years ago...
who'd of thunk it? crumbs was right... too bad he was such an asshat about it, people might have listened.

"People" need to learn that refusing to listen 'Because Offended' is not an acceptable practice, and has consequences.

Was the pleasure they got from Ignoring\castigating crumbs worth all the BTC they lost?   Cheesy

On the other hand, just because one asshole was right about one thing doesn't mean that we need to listen to assholes all the time just in case they'll be right again.

Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:45:02 PM

On the other hand, just because one asshole was right about one thing doesn't mean that we need to listen to assholes all the time just in case they'll be right again.

*lol* I like that sentence. Smiley

In fact all these trolls did a simple thing to be right... they simply told everyone that every investment is a scam. Unfortunately that is a good bet in bitcoin world to be right.
weaknesswaran

Activity: 963
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 07:16:01 AM

Are the bitcoin addresses controlled by friedcat all empty now?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 05:48:00 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 09:14:14 PM by iCEBREAKER

just because one asshole was right about one thing doesn't mean that we need to listen to assholes all the time just in case they'll be right again.

Yes it does, if you value keeping an open mind.

The paradigm of 'it's not enough to be right, you also have to be nice about it' is at odds with enlightenment values.

Ignoring important information 'Because Offended' is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Edit:

Great minds thinking alike...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 11:48:08 PM

just because one asshole was right about one thing doesn't mean that we need to listen to assholes all the time just in case they'll be right again.

The paradigm of 'it's not enough to be right, you also have to be nice about it' is at odds with enlightenment values.

Ignoring important information 'Because Offended' is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Edit:

...or fools seldom differing?

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

When the "information" is merely opinion; baseless, non-factual and unimportant speculation with no supporting evidence presented by an asshat, it should be ignored forthwith so as not to waste more of your precious time.  Furthernore, it should never be labeled as "important".

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:28:25 PM

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Who cares?

Exactly!  The reason I didn't say it in that manner though is because I wanted to you "hear" it.  "Who cares?" is so disheartening.  I'm glad you understand.

When the "information" is merely opinion; baseless, non-factual and unimportant speculation with no supporting evidence presented by an asshat, it should be ignored forthwith so as not to waste more of your precious time.  Furthernore, it should never be labeled as "important".

At the risk of seeming indelicate: you got that ass-backwards.

You were told by Mr. crumbs that sending money to Anons from the interwebs may be unwise, doubly so upon considering that all such slick moves inevitably resulted in veritable tsunamis of tears and snot being shed by teh intrepid investors.

Instead of gushingly thanking Mr. crumbs for bestowing the pearls of his perfect wisdom upon an undeserving swine such as yourself, you raged.
Furiously demanding factses and evidences -- the very things you've failed to demand from nice Anons (the once who promised you a life of wealth and leisure if you but send all of ur monyz to their bitcoin addy & wait).

Is it any wonder you ended up where you are now: broke and butthurt?

Nobody cares!

rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 02:37:51 PM

Are the bitcoin addresses controlled by friedcat all empty now?

https://blockchain.info/address/115tTroRo3B9ZDQ6ATJGDCHcNEVbjJoZnF

Still a little remainder at the mining address.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 04:50:31 PM

Edit:

When the "information" is merely opinion; baseless, non-factual and unimportant speculation with no supporting evidence presented by an asshat, it should be ignored forthwith so as not to waste more of your precious time.  Furthernore, it should never be labeled as "important".

Nassim Taleb and Dave Collum are many things, but "fools" is not one of them.

Crumbs, etc. were presenting factual and important information.  It was to AM investors' detriment that they ignored and/or raged against.

Was defending and preserving your precious faith/belief/confirmation bias UNTIL IT WAS INCONTROVERTIBLY DEMONSTRATED TO BE 100% WRONG worth all the BTC you lost in AM?

Of course it wasn't.  That's why, in western civilization, we look down on the practice of shooting the messenger (whether that messenger is offensive or polite).

We are reality based, and don't construct our world views based on popularity and tribal groupthink.

I will take an astute asshat like crumbs over a pandering heap of easily offended emotional garbage like you any day of the week.   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 12:17:54 AM

Edit:

When the "information" is merely opinion; baseless, non-factual and unimportant speculation with no supporting evidence presented by an asshat, it should be ignored forthwith so as not to waste more of your precious time.  Furthernore, it should never be labeled as "important".

Nassim Taleb and Dave Collum are many things, but "fools" is not one of them.

Crumbs, etc. were presenting factual and important information.  It was to AM investors' detriment that they ignored and/or raged against.

Was defending and preserving your precious faith/belief/confirmation bias UNTIL IT WAS INCONTROVERTIBLY DEMONSTRATED TO BE 100% WRONG worth all the BTC you lost in AM?

Of course it wasn't.  That's why, in western civilization, we look down on the practice of shooting the messenger (whether that messenger is offensive or polite).

We are reality based, and don't construct our world views based on popularity and tribal groupthink.

I will take an astute asshat like crumbs over a pandering heap of easily offended emotional garbage like you any day of the week.   Smiley

In light of the damning evidence, one would have to be a fool to use facebook but them Collum and Taleb probably weren't listening to the people speaking against facebook for various issues (one that comes to mind is the undisclosed psycholigical experimentation) because they presented their information in a friendly, factual manner.  Fools.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:20:54 AM

iCEBREAKER proves that he is a retard once more. Hey idiot the first ones to invest into AM got a ROI of 6x the amount they invested ONLY in form of dividends. If they had ignored crumbs they would have less money than they have now. So yes please vomit more from your ass-mouth! We are open 24/7 here!

feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 09:16:29 PM

I remember investing with these guys on Bitfunder (I think it was called that.. it was years ago).

I remember owning like 30 shares when they hit 5 BTC a piece.  Decided to hold on to them until the end.

A bit of a regrettable decision.  I hold less BTC now than I did when I was investing in stupid securities.
Sad to think where I'd be if I hadn't been scammed years ago.
Pages: « 1 ... 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 [1338] 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: