Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:17:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916311 times)
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:37:22 AM

At the risk of turning this into the AM speculation thread, the large volume from auctions this week is I suspect causing a lot of volatility to the AM-PT price. A couple of times I've considered whether doing a quick bit of arbitrage selling some PTs to participate in the auctions would be a good idea, then the share price wiggles in the opposite direction to what I think it will do next. Meh, I'm too old and not smart enough to be a day trader.

:grabs bag of popcorn to watch Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:42:16 AM

I really do not understand how you think a two-liner is sufficient as a weekly update.

Also I do not understand how other shareholders shut up all the time, and do not ask for more.

I myself have a considerable amount invested in ASICMINER. If this attitude of ASICMINER continues, I will sell it all off.

Dude, I don't know if you are an early stage investor or not - you don't sound like it. I'm not either, btw. But I have read everything friedcat has ever written on this forum. Go and read it and you'll know why the early stage investors don't harass him for information.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:46:28 AM

Dear friedcat,

I do appreciate all your work but please answer the following:

Where are we hashing and at what rate atm? If solo, please explain what is going on.

How are the future deployment plans progressing? You promised a lot per week. What is going on, please?

How many Blades were sold? How many USB thingies were sold?

Why are your "updates" not answering questions everybody would like to be answered (no rocket science)?

You are running a billion company that a lot of people are trusting in (incl. myself).

Where are the financial statements you had promised??

At this scale you HAVE TO provide financial data or people will jump off.

I really do not understand how you think a two-liner is sufficient as a weekly update.

Also I do not understand how other shareholders shut up all the time, and do not ask for more.

I myself have a considerable amount invested in ASICMINER. If this attitude of ASICMINER continues, I will sell it all off.

vortex1878

Even public companies do not provide weekly updates, they give quarterly reports.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
Mausini

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 03:47:15 AM

Dear friedcat,

I do appreciate all your work but please answer the following:

Where are we hashing and at what rate atm? If solo, please explain what is going on.

How are the future deployment plans progressing? You promised a lot per week. What is going on, please?

How many Blades were sold? How many USB thingies were sold?

Why are your "updates" not answering questions everybody would like to be answered (no rocket science)?

You are running a billion company that a lot of people are trusting in (incl. myself).

Where are the financial statements you had promised??

At this scale you HAVE TO provide financial data or people will jump off.

vortex1878

Friedcat does not care if you sell your shares. If you didnt get that, you shouldnt be invested at all!!! I suggest you read a little more.
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:00:10 AM

Dude, I don't know if you are an early stage investor or not - you don't sound like it. I'm not either, btw. But I have read everything friedcat has ever written on this forum. Go and read it and you'll know why the early stage investors don't harass him for information.

I do not harrass friedcat at all. I have read it all. His work is unbelievably amazing. I could not be more thankful for his awesome work.
My point is that at this scale he owes us a bit more than a few lines of update a week.

How many shares do you own that you think you are enabled to speak up here?
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:17:24 AM

This isn't a hedge at all, but diversifying after a large run up.  This happens to be a popular topic currently at The Motley Fool in the 3D, Tesla and Netflix forums, and here was a post someone there pointed out. http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2008/02/01/the-greatest-secret-of-all.aspx

Now I hold ASICMINER and bASIC-MINNING as well as MININGCO.ETF to spread my exposure out, but I have no plans of selling anything, my ASICMINER shares are only up about 200%, so far from what many others have in gains.  Anyway, you have a couple of possible outcomes, you took some money off the table and put that to work in something else, for you to actually be right, not only does bASIC-MINNING have to rise, but it has to rise faster than ACISMINER, which you feel is going to pull back, only time will tell, but betting against momentum is not a good bet.

Yes of course, ASICMINER is the most profitable. But what if something very bad happens to ASICMINER? I don't want to lose 100% if that happens. Neither do you, so you spread your exposure out as you say. And so did I. Maybe "hedging" is not the right word, maybe it's just diversifying, call it whatever you want.

I did some research among the other mining securities on the market, and BASIC-MINING appeared to be the most promising investment, given the imminent shipping of AVALON batch #2, and #3 coming probably just 1-2 month behind. I was already holding some shares of them in the past, and managed to sell them with a profit, to buy more AM shares on the rise. There are nice dividends coming in a few days with the first AVALON shipment, it will be interesting to compare the 30d yield with AM's.

There are other securities for batch #3 but I think BASIC-MINING is currently the only with a pending delivery from batch #2, and once the delivery has been confirmed I expect to see the stock price rise at least 10%-20%. If you know better investments in BTC that are *not* ASICMINER (for those who want to diversify like me), I would like to hear about them too.
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:19:13 AM

I do not harrass friedcat at all. I have read it all. His work is unbelievably amazing. I could not be more thankful for his awesome work.
My point is that at this scale he owes us a bit more than a few lines of update a week.

Something wanted is not something owed.

Let's talk about shares and reality.

He doesn't owe anything until the majority of share holders agree upon it. You would have to be a majority holder or there be a petition. Otherwise, any information divulged is courtesy on his part.

Petitioning for more information may seem crazy and that information should be obvious, but in reality it seems the information out there and friedcat himself are satisfactory. Thus, why would one go through the action to do work that is not in demand?

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
JaredR26

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:19:30 AM

He doesn't owe you anything.  Friedcat will provide information as information is available.  In addition, any information that he posts publicly is information that the competition can use during their planning and strategy.

Also, I assure you that there are a lot of people both reading and responding here that have a lot more shares than you.  So get off your high horse and stop making demands.  You think YOU own a lot of shares?  Try the 240,000 that Friedcat & co owns.  It is far more important for HIM to make good decisions and bring hashpower online, and be accountable to himself, than it is for him to answer to you.
vortex1878

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:37:31 AM

He doesn't owe you anything.  Friedcat will provide information as information is available.  In addition, any information that he posts publicly is information that the competition can use during their planning and strategy.

Also, I assure you that there are a lot of people both reading and responding here that have a lot more shares than you.  So get off your high horse and stop making demands.  You think YOU own a lot of shares?  Try the 240,000 that Friedcat & co owns.  It is far more important for HIM to make good decisions and bring hashpower online, and be accountable to himself, than it is for him to answer to you.

I do not need you donkey to tell me that i just own a fraction of all shares. A very tiny little fraction in fact.

Nevertheless I would like friedcat to answer my queries. I do agree that friedcat should not disclose any info that could be used by competitors.

But you are just a yay-sayer. I am not.
helixone

Activity: 131

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 04:59:00 AM

I do not need you donkey to tell me that i just own a fraction of all shares. A very tiny little fraction in fact.

Nevertheless I would like friedcat to answer my queries. I do agree that friedcat should not disclose any info that could be used by competitors.

Calm down. Most experienced AM investors recognize that Friedcat is insanely busy, and are largely ok with his succinct updates when there isn't much to say. When he has something substantial to say he DOES go into detail. When things are largely unchanged from last update, they are short. Friedcat's time is limited. He's busy building and shipping USBs and blockeruptors, as well as coordinating the running of over 1500 blockeruptor boards for this company, as well as planning for the future, and processing all share transfers that happen OTC. (And everything else that goes along with all of the above.)

The man is incredible, and largely let's his work speak for itself.

I only hope that way down the road, if and when AM becomes a stable concern, that doesn't require as much of his time to run, and he comes up with other business ventures, he considers letting in public investors. (Guessing he won't though, since he will have way more than enough btc to build whatever company he wants.)

-helixone
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:00:02 AM

What I know is he made a company 9 months ago at a 0.1 IPO and got it up to the present market price per share
Has executed his strategy well and has done an excellent job at delivering solid quality products
I make inquiries might even take notes now and then and pose the occasional question or inquiry, but I have trust in the current management and don't ask them to micromanage everyday affairs. If they are busy making good products and developing and improving their products instead of tracking this thread daily that's fine by me
That said I do enjoy discussion so I do keep track of this thread Smiley
And will pursue good questions but that's just my humble opinion

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
vortex1878

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:12:46 AM

Calm down. Most experienced AM investors recognize that Friedcat is insanely busy, and are largely ok with his succinct updates when there isn't much to say. When he has something substantial to say he DOES go into detail. When things are largely unchanged from last update, they are short. Friedcat's time is limited. He's busy building and shipping USBs and blockeruptors, as well as coordinating the running of over 1500 blockeruptor boards for this company, as well as planning for the future, and processing all share transfers that happen OTC. (And everything else that goes along with all of the above.)

The man is incredible, and largely let's his work speak for itself.

I only hope that way down the road, if and when AM becomes a stable concern, that doesn't require as much of his time to run, and he comes up with other business ventures, he considers letting in public investors. (Guessing he won't though, since he will have way more than enough btc to build whatever company he wants.)

-helixone

I am pretty chilled. I did not attack friedcat at all. I do agree with everything above, and never stated anything contrary.
Maybe you should all calm down. As soon as somebody states a little hint against your cash cow, you freak out.
Btw I am all in. But you are just mongos...
Friedcat, please answer my questions.
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:22:13 AM

I am pretty chilled. I did not attack friedcat at all. I do agree with everything above, and never stated anything contrary.
Maybe you should all calm down. As soon as somebody states a little hint against your cash cow, you freak out.

I think everyone who responded was pretty nice to you, and we get called names in return. OK Roll Eyes

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
vortex1878

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:28:50 AM

I think everyone who responded was pretty nice to you, and we get called names in return. OK Roll Eyes

Maybe I got carried away because I got just a few shares and a very small *****. Sorry. Peace.
stripykitteh
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:52:40 AM

Maybe I got carried away because I got just a few shares and a very small *****. Sorry. Peace.

It's cool brah. Congrats on your purchase.

If you're interested in the strategy, have you seen this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=138443.0

Notice the dates. Might make you feel better about what's happening at the moment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Aureum_Coffee

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:07:11 AM

"Diversification is a protection for ignorance, It makes very little sense for those who know what they're doing." - Warren Buffet

Don't know if this is Warren Buffet supporting the idea of diversification, or sarcasm.  Let's take a look at what Warren has as of Dec 21, 2012.

1.) Wells Fargo & Co ........ financial
2.) Coca Cola Co .... consumer
3.) International Business Machines .... tech company
4.) American Express Co .... financial
5.) Procter & Gamble Co .... consumer goods
6.) Wal Mart Stores Inc .... department stores
7.) U S Bancorp Del ... financial
8.) Directv ... cable tv service
9.) Davita Inc ... health care
10.) Phillips 66 ... oil and gas
11) KFT ... food
12) INTC .... tech
13) Viacom ... cable tv service
14) Ingersol Rand ... industrial goods
15) National Oil Well Varco  ... oil and gas
16) Johnson and Johnson ... drug
etc.

Aureum_Coffee

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:21:02 AM

Exactly. You would need complementary securities to diversify. Current reality is, there is none. Try putting your BTC in these other mining bonds or whatever. You could either just invest them in lollipops.

The closest thing I have seen is on BTC-TC.  These are the call and put options on BTC-TC for ASICMiner-pt shares.

To create this particular synthetic security (complementary security to ASICMiner share) requires shorting a covered call and long a protective put stock option.  Unfortunately, these options are not priced correctly at this moment.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:28:30 AM

Exactly. You would need complementary securities to diversify. Current reality is, there is none. Try putting your BTC in these other mining bonds or whatever. You could either just invest them in lollipops.

The closest thing I have seen is on BTC-TC.  These are the call and put options on BTC-TC for ASICMiner-pt shares.

To create this particular synthetic security (complementary security to ASICMiner share) requires shorting a covered call and long a protective put stock option.  Unfortunately, these options are not priced correctly at this moment.
Bitfunder has options trading too.
Aureum_Coffee

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:34:57 AM

It's fine to have lively discussions.  We are all learning.  It's part of the process.   Cool

FYI.  Real companies registered with SEC, are required to file 10K and 10Q reports.  It's the annual and quarterly reports respectively.  It's unusual to have weekly or even monthly updates.  With that said, there has to be an optimal update frequency because Bitcoin economy is like the unexplored territory.  Taking time away from manufacturing products or mining doesn't generate revenue.  However, without knowing the overall financial status can make it difficult to make strategic decisions internally (for Friedcat) and externally (for share holders).  It's a delicate balancing act.
stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:39:18 AM

ASICMiner market cap =
BTC 864,000   (@ btc 2.16/share)
$105,408,000   (@ $122 btc/usd)

Yet bitcoin's market cap =
11,175,575 (bitcoins mined)
$1,363,420,150 (@ $122 btc/usd)

and ASICMiner =
33% of total hash rate

yet ASICMiner currently trades at =
12% of of bitcoin market cap

without issuing dividends ASICMiner should trade at =
33% of bitcoin market cap

this puts the share price at =
BTC 5.94

and this represents a =
275% price increase from today's prices

ASICMiner does issue dividends making the shares more attractive than holding bitcoins and would logically trade at a premium to its network value (the % it contributes to the bitcoin network)

ASICMiner shares are very cheap.

Disclaimer: stslimited is long ASICMiner.

feel free to repost, and discuss this pricing analysis.
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: