Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:22:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916319 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:38:52 PM

if FC is currently paying $1.50/GH

where does this number come from?  I've seen you mention it a few times, but I don't think I've ever seen where you got it.  Did FC publish that?

He never published it. It's an estimate based on FC's old balance sheet, where he had listed the total cost of making all the hardware. Then I figured about how many TH he'd produced based on his total sale profits divided by price/TH, plus the known farm size (~50 TH).

The USB sticks were a complicating factor. Obviously it is a rough estimate but it is better than nothing.

yeah, cause I believe they are selling the USBs for more than $50/GH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Franktank

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:21:23 PM

He never published it. It's an estimate based on FC's old balance sheet, where he had listed the total cost of making all the hardware. Then I figured about how many TH he'd produced based on his total sale profits divided by price/TH, plus the known farm size (~50 TH).

The USB sticks were a complicating factor. Obviously it is a rough estimate but it is better than nothing.

If that is true, ASICMiner is probably worth less than 0.5 BTC/share. They'd be better off buying Cointerra hardware than making their own, considering Gen 2 is at the 55nm node and probably won't be more than 4x faster per chip.

It's not fear, uncertainty, OR doubt. It's math and logic.

Obviously you are new to investing.

You cannot say it's a rough estimate than claim it to be "math" and "logic" later. Until you have all the financial sheets backing up your math, it remains as "a rough estimate". I would suggest taking a look at CoinTerra's thread before saying they're "better off buying CoinTerra's hardware."
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:04:09 PM

ASICMiner is probably worth less than 0.5 BTC/share.

I agree 100%.
And I'm willing to let you get off this adventure on a positive note.
I'll take all your shares for 0.6BTC each.
And let you brag about how you fucked me, later.

Deal?

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Vycid

♫ the AM bear who cares ♫

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:09:16 PM

ASICMiner is probably worth less than 0.5 BTC/share.

I agree 100%.
And I'm willing to let you get off this adventure on a positive note.
I'll take all your shares for 0.6BTC each.
And let you brag about how you fucked me, later.

Deal?

I obviously don't own any shares of AM, tard. I own puts because I maintain a short position.

Also, don't take quotes out of context like that. That's a seriously jackass move.

Vycid

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:13:08 PM

If that is true, ASICMiner is probably worth less than 0.5 BTC/share. They'd be better off buying Cointerra hardware than making their own, considering Gen 2 is at the 55nm node and probably won't be more than 4x faster per chip.

It's not fear, uncertainty, OR doubt. It's math and logic.

Obviously you are new to investing.

You cannot say it's a rough estimate than claim it to be "math" and "logic" later. Until you have all the financial sheets backing up your math, it remains as "a rough estimate". I would suggest taking a look at CoinTerra's thread before saying they're "better off buying CoinTerra's hardware."

I see - so being "rough" precludes an estimate from coming about via math and logic?

My estimates are not so inaccurate as for me to be uncertain about 2 BTC/share being overvalued.

As for CoinTerra's thread - yes, clearly the marketing intern is proof that the world-class professionals working on the chips have turned scammer. Apparently these days all it takes to get $1.5M in private VC funding is a plan to scam some nerds.

Considering that CoinTerra doesn't HAVE the chips back from GloFo yet - nor have they claimed to - what would you expect those pictures to be of?

Franktank

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:45:41 PM

I see - so being "rough" precludes an estimate from coming about via math and logic?

My estimates are not so inaccurate as for me to be uncertain about 2 BTC/share being overvalued.

No, my point was that the initial data is an estimate in itself. After the initial 3 auctions, no one (apart of Bitfountain & board members) know total sales and how much was passed on as the weekly dividend portion. Additionally, no financial numbers regarding R&D, hardware manufacturing costs, current farm maintenance costs, and future data center(s) acquisitions have been announced. Without know what remaining funds are devoted to what, theoretical extrapolation can go only go so far.

As for CoinTerra's thread - yes, clearly the marketing intern is proof that the world-class professionals working on the chips have turned scammer. Apparently these days all it takes to get $1.5M in private VC funding is a plan to scam some nerds.

Considering that CoinTerra doesn't HAVE the chips back from GloFo yet - nor have they claimed to - what would you expect those pictures to be of?

I honestly wouldn't expected any pictures until they've received their chips. Perhaps it's just my view on things but until they have chips to share/prove to the rest of the community, the jury's still out on if they can manufacture the product. For instance, I have no problem admitting that Bitfury currently has the edge on everyone right now. I'm sure you'll have a counterpoint to this post so I'm going to settle that we'll agree to disagree.
Vycid

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

No, my point was that the initial data is an estimate in itself. After the initial 3 auctions, no one (apart of Bitfountain & board members) know total sales and how much was passed on as the weekly dividend portion. Additionally, no financial numbers regarding R&D, hardware manufacturing costs, current farm maintenance costs, and future data center(s) acquisitions have been announced. Without know what remaining funds are devoted to what, theoretical extrapolation can go only go so far.

Agreed. $1.50/GH is - as I said - a rough value. My valuation is not really dependent on that value being accurate, since I use general values for the profit margin instead of precise costs per gigahash (which will change for Gen 2 anyway).

I honestly wouldn't expected any pictures until they've received their chips. Perhaps it's just my view on things but until they have chips to share/prove to the rest of the community, the jury's still out on if they can manufacture the product. For instance, I have no problem admitting that Bitfury currently has the edge on everyone right now. I'm sure you'll have a counterpoint to this post so I'm going to settle that we'll agree to disagree.

No - you're right. The jury IS still out, there are no promises. But there are a lot of positive indications for Cointerra (certainly enough to overlook some novice marketing), and a 90% level of certainty would mean that the expectation of competition should be 90% priced into the stock price, right? That hasn't been realized, as far as I can tell.

VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:23:33 PM

Agreed. $1.50/GH is - as I said - a rough value. My valuation is not really dependent on that value being accurate, since I use general values for the profit margin instead of precise costs per gigahash (which will change for Gen 2 anyway).

No - you're right. The jury IS still out, there are no promises. But there are a lot of positive indications for Cointerra (certainly enough to overlook some novice marketing), and a 90% level of certainty would mean that the expectation of competition should be 90% priced into the stock price, right? That hasn't been realized, as far as I can tell.

nice logic can we have some more??

Vycid

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:27:27 PM

Supplied on a regular basis.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:47:07 PM

No only FUD is supplied here on regular basis. You should spook IPO investors by saying that AM is "probably worth less than BTC0.05" (halving their original investment). That might entice a nice selloff.  Grin
Vycid

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

No only FUD is supplied here on regular basis. You should spook IPO investors by saying that AM is "probably worth less than BTC0.05" (halving their original investment). That might entice a nice selloff.  Grin

See, if I was an AM investor, the thing that would really scare me is the need to resort to this kind of "argument".

It's like you can't come up with a single rational counterpoint - oh shit, better set up some straw men!

Vexual

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:50:05 AM

$1.50/GH

Not only are you basing your guesstimate on 3 of your own guesses, one of those three happens to be derived from the number you are trying to calculate! Awesome logic.

1VEX7x76pJdreV1nJW8bXpotbCNggDxG5

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:55:10 AM

See, if I was an AM investor, the thing that would really scare me is the need to resort to this kind of "argument".

It's like you can't come up with a single rational counterpoint - oh shit, better set up some straw men!
Most of us can see it's all FUD. You call it math and logic; we know it's guesses, opinion, and faulty logic.

Remember it was only a week or so ago you admitted you just don't know, which of course was already clear to most of us here. You're just making speculative guesses based on narrow-minded scenarios, and patting yourself on the back at every turn, despite there being far more profit made on the long side.

You're on here almost 24/7 spreading FUD, spamming the thread, even from your phone which must be a real pita, even 1st thing in the morning when you're still 'groggy' as you just mentioned above. Wow. Maybe it's time to see a therapist? You actually did promise to stop spamming a few weeks ago, what happened to that?

If you're so right why do you feel the compulsive need to constantly be asserting your brand of "math" and "logic"?

You're speculating (put options) in a speculative stock (AM) on a virtual exchange in a speculative economy (bitcoin), with no financial reports whatsoever, in a venture less than a year old, so please spare us the 'value investor' bullshit, do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

Vycid

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:03:25 AM

$1.50/GH

Not only are you basing your guesstimate on 3 of your own guesses, one of those three happens to be derived from the number you are trying to calculate! Awesome logic.

Care to say which of those 3 is derived from the number being calculated? It is most certainly not clear. Are you confusing sale price and manufacturing cost?

Most of us can see it's all FUD. You call it math and logic; we know it's guesses, opinion, and faulty logic.

Remember it was only a week or so ago you admitted you just don't know, which of course was already clear to most of us here. You're just making speculative guesses based on narrow-minded scenarios, and patting yourself on the back at every turn, despite there being far more profit made on the long side.

You're on here almost 24/7 spreading FUD, spamming the thread, even from your phone which must be a real pita, even 1st thing in the morning when you're still 'groggy' as you just mentioned above. Wow. Maybe it's time to see a therapist? You actually did promise to stop spamming a few weeks ago, what happened to that?

If you're so right why do you feel the compulsive need to constantly be asserting your brand of "math" and "logic"?

You're speculating (put options) in a speculative stock (AM) on a virtual exchange in a speculative economy (bitcoin), with no financial reports whatsoever, in a venture less than a year old, so please spare us the 'value investor' bullshit, do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

I'm not sure how ridiculous I sound, but you definitely sound a little mad.

stslimited

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:04:50 AM

You're speculating (put options) in a speculative stock (AM) on a virtual exchange in a speculative economy (bitcoin), with no financial reports whatsoever

sounds like my kind of party

how did he get filled on those puts?
FNG

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:06:42 AM

Is anyone else tempted to buy up the exchanges to ruin Vycid's day?
Vycid

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:07:24 AM

Is anyone else tempted to buy up the exchanges to ruin Vycid's day?

Be my guest. Hope you have deep pockets and no regard for the money in them.

I frequently am told that "2 BTC is a bargain and I'm buying up as much as I can!", so frankly I don't see why you shouldn't hop on board!

Activity: 525

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:23:51 AM

$1.50/GH

Care to say which of those 3 is derived from the number being calculated? It is most certainly not clear. Are you confusing sale price and manufacturing cost?

I'm not sure how ridiculous I sound, but you definitely sound a little mad.
No, not mad. There used to be lot's of intelligent conversation here, but now it's just littered with your FUD. You might as well have your own thread.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:26:24 AM

No, not mad. There used to be lot's of intelligent conversation here, but now it's just littered with your FUD. You might as well have your own thread.

+1

He's trying WAY too hard to be taken seriously. Ignored.

jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

+1

He's trying WAY too hard to be taken seriously. Ignored.

+1 for Vycid starting his own thread....

By the way networks probably passed 1petahash. Celebration time!
Pages: « 1 ... 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 [641] 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: