Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:17:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 [974] 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... 1348 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It  (Read 3916319 times)
alt229

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:16:27 PM

Hey guys sorry if this question's been answered recently but is anyone else noticed that it's taking a long time to transfer direct shares from one address to another?  Sent a request more than a week ago and haven't heard anything.

I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe there's an automated way to do this finally?

Lastly, I have a link to a super old google doc that shows the list of current investors but it hasn't been updated in a year.  Is there a new one?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
necro_nemesis

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:17:47 PM

AM3 can't compete on 28nm, since it's "custom design"

Could you elaborate a little bit? How is this different from your own custom implementation of SHA256?

Unlike BitFury and AM, we didn't use custom circuit design (with custom PDK) in our 1st and 2nd gen.
It's a time consuming effort, that needed to be redone from the beginning when moving to a more advance process node.

We're doing that with our 3rd gen and we understand the effort. I don't believe AM can produce a competitive 28nm in time.
BitFury on the other hand will probably do.

Sounding like you're throwing down the gauntlet to FC by posting this in his backyard.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:18:32 PM

Hey guys sorry if this question's been answered recently but is anyone else noticed that it's taking a long time to transfer direct shares from one address to another?  Sent a request more than a week ago and haven't heard anything.

I've been out of the loop for a while so maybe there's an automated way to do this finally?

Lastly, I have a link to a super old google doc that shows the list of current investors but it hasn't been updated in a year.  Is there a new one?

Thanks!

FC generally does the transfers just before paying the dividend.  As there have been no dividends, there has been no need for share transfer. (my assumption)

I believe that this is the most up to date spreadsheet though it is also a few weeks behind.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnxKtjWqWJGodC1fR3JDSFBpZ2tGbjBqdzJoeFlpOXc&usp=sharing
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:19:57 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 06:41:02 PM by hdbuck

Lmao spondolulz justifying in here.. Guess someone's nervous.. Grin
Bullishhhhh  Cool
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:20:15 PM

Could you elaborate a little bit? How is this different from your own custom implementation of SHA256?

Unlike BitFury and AM, we didn't use custom circuit design (with custom PDK) in our 1st and 2nd gen.
It's a time consuming effort, that needed to be redone from the beginning when moving to a more advance process node.

We're doing that with our 3rd gen and we understand the effort. I don't believe AM can produce a competitive 28nm in time.

Sounding like you're throwing down the gauntlet to FC by posting this in his backyard.

I was asked a question and I answered. I'll stop posting here now.

Just googled the following: http://bwrcs.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/icdesign/ee241_s13/Assignments/lab3-stdcell.pdf

(Our 1st and 2nd gen are 100% standard cells)

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:22:08 PM

There was a time when this thread wouldn't have tolerated a competitor's speculation, times sure have changed.

GTFO, thanks.

Since this thread is the only meaningfull way to communicate between share holders, it makes sense to discuss how is the competition doing. We always do. And the spoon guy is just giving is point of view, not spamming around. I personally appreciate to know his view, in particular he's just answering my question and not advertising anything else. You're grown up so you know it's a competitor, do your own diligence anyway.

It's bitcointalk, not AM forum. No need to be rude.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
necro_nemesis

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:25:07 PM

Just googled the following: http://bwrcs.eecs.berkeley.edu/Classes/icdesign/ee241_s13/Assignments/lab3-stdcell.pdf

Facts are facts. The future; well if you knew that with absolute certainty you wouldn't bother spending time building ASICs.  Grin

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:30:42 PM

Facts are facts. The future; well if you knew that with absolute certainty you wouldn't bother spending time building ASICs.  Grin

If he enjoys it then why not?

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:35:03 PM

AM is not the latest crap in bitcoin world.  Wink

aaaactually, i beg to differ.

AM - 0.554 J/Gh at 11.52 Gh/s.
Spondoolies - 0.58 J/Gh at 7.5 Gh/s.

Not my thread, but I need to set the record straight.
Our ASICs can achieve above 10 GHs. It was just one corner measurement.
At the end, it's system efficiency. I saw three examples of systems based on AM3 in the wild, all of them above 1.1 W/GHs.
Out system is about 0.85 W/GHs at full power.
We've taped out our 2nd gen ASIC, and we'll be below 0.45 W/GHs at the system level in two months.

AM3 can't compete on 28nm, since it's "custom design", which means it will take at least 6 months to produce 28nm. Well in time for our 3rd gen.
Finally, we can compete on the price as well.

That's not setting the record straight at all. How much power did your ASIC consume when running at over 10 GH/s?
d3adh3ad

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:43:17 PM

At the end, it's system efficiency. I saw three examples of systems based on AM3 in the wild, all of them above 1.1 W/GHs.
We've taped out our 2nd gen ASIC, and we'll be below 0.45 W/GHs at the system level in two months.

AM3 can't compete on 28nm, since it's "custom design", which means it will take at least 6 months to produce 28nm. Well in time for our 3rd gen.

Can you guys imagine FC showing up in this guy's thread and commenting about how they are doomed?
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:45:39 PM

Can you guys imagine FC showing up in this guy's thread and commenting about how they are doomed?

Only if that means he shows up here first  Smiley

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 06:45:46 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 06:58:00 PM by Spondoolies-Tech

That's not setting the record straight at all. How much power did your ASIC consume when running at over 10 GH/s?

Sigh.

You quote a number shown in one measurement. There is no one ASIC
Every ASIC behaves differently, based on it's place on the production curve. On top of that, there is cooling.
We can pick a much better corner ASIC, cool it and do a much better measurement. You need to compare apples to apples and this is not the case.

At the end, all that is matter is system efficiency at the wall. It averages the ASICs, PSU and DC2DC design (if you use one).

I'll stop posting here now.

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
binaryFate
Legendary

Still wild and free

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:47:30 PM

Thanks for the info, sorry for the rude tons.

michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:49:23 PM

Thanks!

recent transfer request of mine took less than 48 hours, from "direct" to havelock, about a week ago

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:59:55 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2014, 07:21:13 PM by bitsalame

Spoondoolies hardware might be marginally better, but the business model is different from AM.
We shouldn't really be scared of other competitors out there, those playing a price war or only pursuing a more efficient product are destined to fail in the long run. The real game is owning the market, and for that there are many more tricks in the bag to accomplish so.
In fact AM is way ahead of the game since day one, first as a public mining farm, secondly pushing immersion cooling, thirdly as a franchise, foruthly as a chip supplier with key partnerships. It is this vision what makes AM an outstanding contender, and it is way more threatening when you realize how well capitalized is this company to do whatever they want.

It is key for a CEO to know when to hold his horses and when to pivot its business model, and that is something that Friedcat seems to be quite competent at its assessment.
I don't know if you guys realized that Friedcat is playing an asymmetric warfare here, not only decentralized mining farms with its franchises, but also decentralized the production of hardware by getting solid partnerships such as Rockminer's.
AM goal seems to be to eventually become the OEM of asic miners.

It is not Spoondolies vs. AM.
It is Spondoolies against all AM partners out there inundating the market with AM hardware.
So what if Friedcat ends up partnering up with more hardware manufacturers, it will be funny to see how Bitfury, AntMiner, Spoondolies, BFL perform fighting against a constellation of AM partners.
Especially if the ratio ends up favoring towards the AM gang... And we might already be getting there.
AM is in a completely different league.

The battle of the hashrates is insignificant against the war of owning the marketshare.
Geeks can't survive it unless you have a clear business sense.

PS: those mocking us regarding to "imaginary dividends". Let me tell you that AM ROI was beyond 1000% IN BITCOINS, so multiply that by the 200% appreciation of the bitcoin price during that period, and that's only in dividends. Anything extra I might get now, it is just money falling from the skies for me.
necro_nemesis

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:11:05 PM

Sigh.

Every ASIC behaves differently, based on it's place on the production curve. On top of that, there is cooling.
We can pick a much better corner ASIC, cool it and do a much better measurement. You need to compare apples to apples and this is not the case.

At the end, all that is matter is system efficiency at the wall. It average the ASICs, PSU and DC2DC design (if you use one).

You give appearance of knowing more about the BE200 than we have available to us when making comparisons. All calculated performance thus far is derived from physical equipment where manufacturers elect to drive their ASICs based on component cost and the market tolerance for inefficiencies at present. Really doesn't address power optimization which Spoondoolies appears to have not also made paramount in system design
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:14:09 PM

Sigh.

We can pick a much better corner ASIC, cool it and do a much better measurement.

Your website claims that the ASIC does 7.5 Gh/s using 0.63V and consumes 0.58 J/Gh.
Rockxie claimed that AM's ASIC does 11.52 GH/s using 0.72V and consumes 0.554 J/Gh.

Face the facts, your ASIC just isn't as good as AM's.

You need to compare apples to apples and this is not the case.

At the end, all that is matter is system efficiency at the wall. It average the ASICs, PSU and DC2DC design (if you use one).

AM doesn't sell mining systems though, they sell chips. An apples to apples comparison is therefore an ASIC to ASIC comparison and AM's comes out on top.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:20:18 PM

Laughing way too hard about this right now!  Cheesy

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
necro_nemesis

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:27:38 PM

Laughing way too hard about this right now!  Cheesy

He should have the courtesy to also visit the various Gen3 system builders and let them know too.
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:38:03 PM

Rockxie claimed that AM's ASIC does 11.52 GH/s using 0.72V and consumes 0.554 J/Gh.

http://blog.rockminer.com/#!/2014/04/13/Testing_Results_Of_BE200.md

You are giving too much credit to a single ASIC test board measurement, which was probably done to ease the pressure from the shareholders. The chip can have 0.1J/Gh in a test environment, but as a miner I care about how much power is my miner sucking from the power outlet and it seems that all AM gen3 miners need at least 1.1W/GH (~1.1J/Gh/s to be correct). My Oct/Nov Jupiters are having that power consumption and I mined a lot of coins up until now. Even I know now that chips can be slow-slow, fast-fast etc and I'm not a tech guy. It's obvious that the average chips perform much worse than what was shown more than 1 month ago. Even the blog post has "Tips:this result is not very accurate just for reference." at the end so I wouldn't take that as granted.

Pages: « 1 ... 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 [974] 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 ... 1348 »
  Print  

Jump to: