Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:45:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (Beta) PaidBooks.com - Get Paid to Read Books  (Read 4678 times)
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:36:59 PM

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/paidbooks-pays-you-in-bitcoin-to-read-books/

Just doing my part to bring more attention to the project Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 02:52:54 PM

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/crypto-news/paidbooks-pays-you-in-bitcoin-to-read-books/

Nice article jdebunt. I used to enjoy reading your reddit submissions but don't see you around as much anymore.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
bitcoinaliens (OP)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:58:15 PM

Wowsers! Thanks a lot JP! In turn we've re-posted this to our facebook page Smiley

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-DAlien/890709270949728

Bitcoin Banner Advertising - CoinAd, the world's largest bitcoin focused ads network.
DalienGames.com - Earn bitcoin while you play FREE online flash games.
Tubers.tv - Earn bitcoin while you watch ANY video online.
Blockchain Stats - Earn bitcoin while you check the bitcoin and altcoin prices.
bitcoinaliens (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:22:07 PM

This week we came out of Beta. We still have a long way to go, but we have..

Doubled the payout - to 20 satoshi on every claim. This is currently every 1 minute. And yes, I know it's still low - but again, the point isn't to be a high paying faucet, it is to be a book reading website with a bitcoin element. It's likely we will increase the timer - so you only claim every 5 minutes (but larger amount) in the future though.

We also now have 20+ books online - a real mini library now of some really classic, world famous and popular books - Here's a few:

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
The War of The Worlds
Little Women by Lousisa May Alcott
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill * A personal development / business classic.

And of course, The Bitcoin White Paper by Satoshi Nakamoto.

Theres much more to come on PaidBooks including:

- Most popular widgets
- Full Author Bios
- A service to add YOUR books, or books of new aspiring authors - and hopefully established authors too in the future
- And of course 100s more books over the next couple of months!

Again - not trying to be the highest paying faucet in the world here, trying to spread bitcoin outside of this little faucet niche, and also just provide a service and a cool use of bitcoin Smiley

And of course,

Bitcoin Banner Advertising - CoinAd, the world's largest bitcoin focused ads network.
ahujaamit

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

Yo YO

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 03:47:05 PM

20 satoshi per page with once min time + captcha is not good....
i readed one page 2 days ago then leaved  Sad

Visit my site for latest viral content
http://kaminapanti.com
bitcoinaliens (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 05:33:33 PM

Again - not trying to be the highest paying faucet in the world here, trying to spread bitcoin outside of this little faucet niche, and also just provide a service and a cool use of bitcoin Smiley
And of course,

20 satoshi per page with once min time + captcha is not good....
i readed one page 2 days ago then leaved  Sad

Good, this is exactly what I want, now dont get me wrong, theres nothing wrong with grinding out some free bitcoin from top paying sites, but this isnt that.

There's plenty of those.

If we have a book you want to read, then don't pay $5 for it. Read it with us, and GET PAID to do so - you're then up $5+ Smiley It's also just a way to introduce bitcoin to a wider audience.

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:48:45 PM

i am  also problem with captcha that is not loading properly on side every time click on it that stuck on loading so make it fix there.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:06:47 AM

For some reason the captcha does not appear and I get wrong captcha error when clicking continue.

BTW, Still have all John Carters from when I was a kid. Love those. Movie was such a let down. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:44:44 AM

1/10th of a penny per hour, while entering 60 captchas? 

After 1,000 hours of reading (and 60,000 captchas), you will have $1.  I think you will need to spend more than that just to keep breathing...

Good concept, but not anywhere near reality yet.

Well I agree it does have kinks and low payout it seems like something that might actually have a purpose. God knows we have enough crappy faucets and idiotic ponzi games out there. In time we can hope payout increases if there is higher interest.

We're still only really in beta testing, only have around 3 real length books online and 10 short stories. The payout will definitely increase with a "real launch.. when we have more books and a few other tweaks:

- Most popular widget.
- New this week widget.
- Author Bios page.
- A few other bug tweaks.

However, the intention is not to make this a "high paying faucet" - there's plenty of those - but a vision so far for the site is that we can pay $1 per book read (on average) - so you read a whole book, and it adds up to around $1 - so instead of paying $7 to buy a book, if we have it, then you can read it on our site and get paid $1 - a difference of $8 in your pocket (sorta).

Anyway, I hope we can increase the payout in another 5-7 days time - and hopefully we will have 10-20 real length books online by then.

I agree with others that the payout is painful. You'd be better off paying 0 than to pay almost nothing, I think.

That said, you should try to team up with other businesses to get funding, and make a win-win situation. I can already think of multiple pages of who I'd team up with for this.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:54:41 AM

This is good site for reading a book(especially for killing time in boring mode). Although the payment rate is low, maybe use a few worth ads on the site and then rise the rate it will attract more people to visit not the site.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:55:43 PM

I have found my ip blocker has been blocking some of the servers and that is why the captcha was not working. Can you post a IP list so I can whitelist them all.

Also waiting 10 minutes to turn a page is far to long. Maybe set the payout on the time not on the pages? I read pretty damn quick.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
micromen

Activity: 668
Merit: 393

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:05:00 PM

I read books and turn pages after 10 minutes but I never get a bigger balance  Grin

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉BCHSTRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GAS  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
✔️DICE           
✔️BLACKJACK
✔️PLINKO       
✔️VIDEO POKER
✔️ROULETTE     
✔️LOTTO            
sdp

Activity: 469
Merit: 280

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 10:14:46 AM

Twenty satoshis cannot even appear on the blockchain.  So, this is like an account you keep until you have enough for a transaction fee.  Then maybe you can send a tiny dust amount that you cannot even use because it is too small for a transaction fee.

Try paying in Bitcoin test as this is a testing phase of the website.  Ask users to give the test bitcoins back (as they are for testing anyway).  After reading about 600 pages and a user should be able to get thousands of spendable satoshis. 

Consider a lottery system where instead of paying the user 20 satoshis, the user gets a one in five million chance of earning one bitcoin.  This is the same mathematical expectation of paying 20 satoshis.

Try this out with test bitcoins first.  Post your test bitcoin address here, and PM me, I'll send you some.  I should get rid of them because I have lost my enthusiasm building this software I was working on.

sdp

Coinsbank: Left money in their costodial wallet for my signature.  Then they kept the money.
Valhalla!

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2017, 11:20:16 PM

Hello Ann!,
This is a really exciting turn of events and I can't wait! A quick question - where do I click to earn satoshi, and how do I know how much I 've earned? I've been waiting for something like this but a little more explanation is needed to make it a success.
Also, since you are in Bitcoin Aliens, can you please help me?I 've been trying for weeks to get paid from Daily Doge, Incentive Wall and Alien Faucet (the one where you kill aliens).
The email confirmation click doesn't seem to work and nobody answers my messages. I think it's a technical problem of some kind but I can't get any help from anybody. My email is vkelly91@gmail.com and by BTC wallet address, where I want the bitcoins to go, is
1KKYfSgeASSGSp5TQPXNy5VAHvibSft7Rj. Please be an angel and help me to solve this problem. I know it has nothing to do with the questions on this forum, but I am really desperate.
And I really do want to get into Paid Books as well.I hope to hear from you ASAP.
Thank you very much,
Valhalla (Victoria Kelly)
Lord Jerry

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:14:21 AM

Also, since you are in Bitcoin Aliens, can you please help me?I 've been trying for weeks to get paid from Daily Doge, Incentive Wall and Alien Faucet (the one where you kill aliens).
The email confirmation click doesn't seem to work and nobody answers my messages. I think it's a technical problem of some kind but I can't get any help from anybody.

You could try cutting and pasting the confirmation link if clicking it doesn't work. But I wouldn't be too hopefull as the Bitcoin Alien group of faucets is widely reported as being a scam. They used to be good until early 2016 then they stopped paying.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=853374.580 Start reading around page 28.

Also, I'm not sure if listing your real name, email address, usernames, BTC addresses etc all in one post on a public forum is a good idea. There are a lot of shady characters here that might want to play around with it.

Good luck with your payment!
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 06:00:36 AM

The email confirmation click doesn't seem to work and nobody answers my messages. I think it's a technical problem of some kind but I can't get any help from anybody.

You could try cutting and pasting the confirmation link if clicking it doesn't work. But I wouldn't be too hopefull as the Bitcoin Alien group of faucets is widely reported as being a scam. They used to be good until early 2016 then they stopped paying.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=853374.580 Start reading around page 28.

Also, I'm not sure if listing your real name, email address, usernames, BTC addresses etc all in one post on a public forum is a good idea. There are a lot of shady characters here that might want to play around with it.

Good luck with your payment!

I read past page 28. All recent pages (not from 2016) show that it IS paying. So I'd trust current posts over those from 8+ months ago any day.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Herbet Fry

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

●Social Crypto Trading●

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 10:07:27 PM

I think you should make an android app for the googleplay store so people who use their tablets as a book can read and earn some bitcoins st the same time. I k ow the website you can use but it would be nicer if you had a highly optimized version especially made for tablets.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: