Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [CLOSED]

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Dice Campaign 2.O | Let us take it beyond best!  (Read 5337 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 10:41:02 AM

A bonus that will be paid out randomly to any of the constructive posters each time might be an idea.  Cheesy

Regarding what is constructive. I think the most important thing for posts for an campaign is that the signature takes views. Not only pageviews but people actually looking at the signature. Pointing out to look at the signature would bring something in a post though it would be spam. So the only other solution would be to post something that keeps the eye for some while. Raising the chance to read the signature. Helpful posts might mean this. Too long posts most probably not.

It would be way better when the posts are done in an related area. So like gambling subforum or threads. Because there is the target audience.

And if you put a link in signature. Simply blue, underlined, the way you would await a link too look. Then even make it uppercase. Then you would even get more clicks than with graphics because one overlooks graphics fast but simple textlinks for some reason gain more clicks.

At least thats what i learned from experience with my internet marketing time.

If you really want to go pro then you need to use dynamic links. So you can see where the new visitors to the site came from. Which thread, which writer. Then you can go on optimizing.

If i would run such a campaing then i would make sure to optimize it. Otherwise you most probably throw money out of the window.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:57:18 AM

As you can see, I am not a member of the Dadice campaign, but I find the conversation interesting anyway.
I think really, you need to tell us what Dadice want to get out of the campaign, rather than us telling you.  Obviously as signature users, we want to be able to post as often as possible and get the highest returns possible.  I assume Dadice wants to get their name associated with trustworthy forum members and high quality posts made on boards that will encourage users to use Dadice in the future.

To that end, I would say that a minimum post count isn't useful for you.  A maximum is useful, as it is near impossible to post more than 100x a week and not have a lot of filler posts, even if they are not spam.
Weekly/monthly makes no difference really, I personally find weekly better as I don't have to worry about the company running away having had 3+ weeks of advertising, but it isn't a game changer if the campaign is trustworthy.

Fixed rates won't encourage good quality posts, making counting stricter would be good, but would take a lot of your time and would require the payment per qualifying post to be increased. Counting more liberally will only increase the spam levels.

For what it's worth, I hadn't heard of Dadice until the sig campaign started, I haven't used them yet, but might in the future.
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:08:54 PM

A bonus that will be paid out randomly to any of the constructive posters each time might be an idea.  Cheesy

Regarding what is constructive. I think the most important thing for posts for an campaign is that the signature takes views. Not only pageviews but people actually looking at the signature. Pointing out to look at the signature would bring something in a post though it would be spam. So the only other solution would be to post something that keeps the eye for some while. Raising the chance to read the signature. Helpful posts might mean this. Too long posts most probably not.

It would be way better when the posts are done in an related area. So like gambling subforum or threads. Because there is the target audience.

And if you put a link in signature. Simply blue, underlined, the way you would await a link too look. Then even make it uppercase. Then you would even get more clicks than with graphics because one overlooks graphics fast but simple textlinks for some reason gain more clicks.

At least thats what i learned from experience with my internet marketing time.

If you really want to go pro then you need to use dynamic links. So you can see where the new visitors to the site came from. Which thread, which writer. Then you can go on optimizing.

If i would run such a campaing then i would make sure to optimize it. Otherwise you most probably throw money out of the window.

We are not making bonuses random because, it will not encourage certain participants to go beyond 100 posts level.

Yes, our main objective is getting people to see the signature of course. But, our secondary objective is making the community better, discouraging spam, and encouraging informative, constructive meaningful posts that you post for the community.

Yeah, we are planning to reward posters who post more in Gambling and related section, but the idea is not encouraged by a few users, so currently it has hit a standstill.

Yes, it might attract clicks. But when it comes to building a brand and trust, I think it is better to use a professional looking signature than a plain code. (I will test it with my signature space anyway. Thanks for posting this Smiley)

Dynamic links is on my to-do list. But, since we allow referral links in the signature, it is difficult, since all users will remove the original link and place his/her referral link instead. And I am not sure, how to make different links to different users, while pasting the same code.
I wanted to ask whether I could put my ref link in the signature, lol. Wink

I will consider all your points. Cheesy
Thanks again
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 06:17:32 PM

As you can see, I am not a member of the Dadice campaign, but I find the conversation interesting anyway.
I think really, you need to tell us what Dadice want to get out of the campaign, rather than us telling you.  Obviously as signature users, we want to be able to post as often as possible and get the highest returns possible.  I assume Dadice wants to get their name associated with trustworthy forum members and high quality posts made on boards that will encourage users to use Dadice in the future.

To that end, I would say that a minimum post count isn't useful for you.  A maximum is useful, as it is near impossible to post more than 100x a week and not have a lot of filler posts, even if they are not spam.
Weekly/monthly makes no difference really, I personally find weekly better as I don't have to worry about the company running away having had 3+ weeks of advertising, but it isn't a game changer if the campaign is trustworthy.

Fixed rates won't encourage good quality posts, making counting stricter would be good, but would take a lot of your time and would require the payment per qualifying post to be increased. Counting more liberally will only increase the spam levels.

For what it's worth, I hadn't heard of Dadice until the sig campaign started, I haven't used them yet, but might in the future.

Yep, that is the Mission Wink

Minimum post count is waived for quality users. It is actually implemented for those who might be signing up with an alt just for making money in the meantime. Monthly means less work for the post counter, lol. (Unless you use a bot).

Of course, both the site launch, official thread and the campaign thread, was to start simultaneously. So, lol, you couldn't have heard about it before. Wink
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:14:53 AM

We won't be implementing higher rates for Gambling boards as requested by participants. At least in the near future. Smiley
(Just updating this)

TriggerX

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:19:34 AM

Do you plan on using marcotheminer's bot for the sig campaign? I know campaign managers are reluctant in using it because the bot doesn't check quality. You should hire a person to do this and update the bot every few days or so. I like it because it gives up to date stats on your post and your rate and how much you will be getting paid. Really looking forward to this in the future!!

Hi!
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:29:11 AM

Do you plan on using marcotheminer's bot for the sig campaign? I know campaign managers are reluctant in using it because the bot doesn't check quality. You should hire a person to do this and update the bot every few days or so. I like it because it gives up to date stats on your post and your rate and how much you will be getting paid. Really looking forward to this in the future!!

You should check the spreadsheet. I dont know what marco's or rather the bot they ordered exactly delivers. The only difference I see is that it automatically excludes certain sections.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 08:30:56 AM

I like ndnhc did PM me once saying he was interested, I'll talk to him about it.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:23:59 AM

I like ndnhc did PM me once saying he was interested, I'll talk to him about it.
Bot is not that bad of an option here, but I am afraid it is nothing more that fancy calculator. I only can show you number of posts, and maybe, number of
characters used for each posts. Nothing more. If you are pursuing quality of posts you will still have to check users posts from time to time. To sum everything up, bot is nice as supportive tool.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 24, 2015, 09:41:23 AM

Bot is not that bad of an option here, but I am afraid it is nothing more that fancy calculator. I only can show you number of posts, and maybe, number of
characters used for each posts. Nothing more. If you are pursuing quality of posts you will still have to check users posts from time to time. To sum everything up, bot is nice as supportive tool.

It allows you to spend much more time looking through users' posts rather than counting them.

Also the admin panel gives you a lot of insight on all your participants' performances and where posts are being made and where you could incentivise them to go. 
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2015, 08:02:26 PM

It allows you to spend much more time looking through users' posts rather than counting them.

Also the admin panel gives you a lot of insight on all your participants' performances and where posts are being made and where you could incentivise them to go. 

The bot is actually a great tool to help campaign managers to monitor it, but I think dadice campaign doesnt really need it for now since there is 2 managers that actually counts and check our post and we got like 43 enrollments

Id rather add a " Report Me " link on our signature so that the community can report us to ndnhc if we are considered to be spamming the forum

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 07:46:06 PM

Just informing that we do not have any plans as of now in switching to a bot.

Thanks Smiley

P.S. Report link is currently added to the managers signature. I wondered if it was okay to carry a 'Report me' link in one's own signature.. Will consider that suggestion. But it might need redesigning the current signature to make it look better.
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 08:20:30 PM

Thanks Smiley

P.S. Report link is currently added to the managers signature. I wondered if it was okay to carry a 'Report me' link in one's own signature.. Will consider that suggestion. But it might need redesigning the current signature to make it look better.

More work for yourself, your choice though.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:46:32 PM

Thanks Smiley

Marco, sometimes the hard sell really turns people off.  I'm just sayin'.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 01:56:30 PM

Thanks Smiley

Not really much work to do, whats the exact point of having bot and you claimed to manual check them in the end? waste of resources? or Id say you dont really check them, that would be more reasonable

I will check everyone's posts along with the bot.

As I have stated in the OP, if I see spam I will exclude all spam posts.

So double work for you? and I dont really heard a complaint at the bit-x sig campaign that someone actually got paid less than what the bot calculated, that means you dont actually check them again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:50:35 PM

Thanks Smiley

What is the function of 'Report me' in your signature ?
If about spam post, we better report it use 'Report to moderator' feature

Report me directs to a PM to the me or bf4btc.
Right. Report to mod is used for spam posts. You can also report to us in addition, if there is something we can do about it,  Smiley
networthsigns

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:57:32 PM

Hey ndnhc and co, i added my vote and that is to "Add fixed rate monthly option with the current one" I am not sure how difficult that would be to integrate and keep track of but i think that could be a good addition to the campaign and it is different to all other campaigns which imho is a really good thing. Smiley
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 05:17:30 PM

Thanks Smiley

Right. Report to mod is used for spam posts. You can also report to us in addition, if there is something we can do about it,  Smiley

If you report to mod, mod only remove or edit the post if they find it againts a forum rules . i.e refferal link, best thing is to report right to badbear, and badbear is away for now and he got a lot of report everyday on his plate, so the best thing is to report it directly to the managers, if they find it to be abusive or spam, they can warn or immediate terminate the participants, harsh indeed, but this is one of another way to fight spam

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
networthsigns

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:31:35 PM

Thanks Smiley

If you report to mod, mod only remove or edit the post if they find it againts a forum rules . i.e refferal link, best thing is to report right to badbear, and badbear is away for now and he got a lot of report everyday on his plate, so the best thing is to report it directly to the managers, if they find it to be abusive or spam, they can warn or immediate terminate the participants, harsh indeed, but this is one of another way to fight spam

That is exactly my thinking behind this, yes the mods job is to execute the forum rules but they have enough to deal with, the guys who are not in signature campaigns but spam refs and abuse.  Badbear has stated he gets 1000' of pms and even though he does get to them we have the chance to make it easier for him and help the forum we are kind of duty bound, the managers need to be strict on spammers and if needed after warnings just kick them to make space in the campaign for someone that is posting because they want to and to a high standard, to both represent Dadice well and also give campaigns (well at least this one) a good name/look. If the crazy spamming didn't stop then it is all of the decent posters that end up paying the price for the few who don't care about quality. Kicking them is not harsh it is necessary and if all campaigns enforced that rule there would be so little spam and the posts of campaigns will be to a high standard it would be awesome. Point being the change happens at home with us Smiley
marcotheminer
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 05:45:55 PM

Thanks Smiley

Not really much work to do, whats the exact point of having bot and you claimed to manual check them in the end? waste of resources? or Id say you dont really check them, that would be more reasonable

I will check everyone's posts along with the bot.

As I have stated in the OP, if I see spam I will exclude all spam posts.

So double work for you? and I dont really heard a complaint at the bit-x sig campaign that someone actually got paid less than what the bot calculated, that means you dont actually check them again.

Nope. The bot counts all user's posts automatically (and excludes excluded board posts). This then allows me to have to time to go through as many posts as possible to further eliminate spam.

There have been several complaints about a user being paid less than what the bot calculated; I had lowered their post count due to their spam.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: