Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:12:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: [CLOSED]

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Dice Campaign 2.O | Let us take it beyond best!  (Read 5337 times)
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:20:39 PM

If I remembered correctly, there is a special prize each month, but I dont see it again in the OP, does the special prize changed to 0.1 for 3 participants for each week? well I am just curious about this and dont stand a chance to win because we know who will win this (quickseller)  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005

New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:38:00 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 08:31:42 AM by ndnhc

If I remembered correctly, there is a special prize each month, but I dont see it again in the OP, does the special prize changed to 0.1 for 3 participants for each week? well I am just curious about this and dont stand a chance to win because we know who will win this (quickseller)  Cheesy

Yeah, I will just ask dadice about it. The weekly bonus was raised to by 0.6BTC a month, so I am not really sure about that.

Will update you soon. Smiley
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 07:02:11 AM

If I remembered correctly, there is a special prize each month, but I dont see it again in the OP, does the special prize changed to 0.1 for 3 participants for each week? well I am just curious about this and dont stand a chance to win because we know who will win this (quickseller)  Cheesy

Yeah, I will just ask dadice about it. The weekly bonus was raised to 0.6BTC a month, so I am not really sure about that.

Will update you soon. Smiley

0.6BTC a month as a weekly would leave 0.2BTC per week but you guys gave out 0.3BTC in bonuses last week so I am indeed confused by this statement Smiley
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2015, 08:34:36 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2015, 11:53:37 AM by ndnhc

0.6BTC a month as a weekly would leave 0.2BTC per week but you guys gave out 0.3BTC in bonuses last week so I am indeed confused by this statement Smiley

Sorry, corrected it. Was typing too fast, and put in 'to' instead of 'by'.

Correted statement: Bonus was raised by 0.6 a month to 1.2BTC a month. (0.15*4 to 0.1*3*4)
So, most likely there won't be an extra monthly bonus. Also, it is very probably that those who already got it more than once will simply get it again. Wink
Edit: Confirmed. There won't be an extra monthly bonus.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1403

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2015, 08:06:06 PM

Correted statement: Bonus was raised by 0.6 a month to 1.2BTC a month. (0.15*4 to 0.1*3*4)
So, most likely there won't be an extra monthly bonus. Also, it is very probably that those who already got it more than once will simply get it again. Wink

although there will be no extra monthly bonus but the 0.1 x 3 bonus / week is indeed a refreshment for this campaign as none other have it and also the highest paying rate currently on the market

Anyway ndnhc, any news from dadice regarding my suggestion of carrying a "Report Me" link in our signature ?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:16:01 PM

The Avatar poll thread has been locked.

Thanks Smiley
ndnhc
dadice

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

DaDice Administration

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:21:04 PM

although there will be no extra monthly bonus but the 0.1 x 3 bonus / week is indeed a refreshment for this campaign as none other have it and also the highest paying rate currently on the market

Anyway ndnhc, any news from dadice regarding my suggestion of carrying a "Report Me" link in our signature ?

We are planning to design a new set of signatures in May and will add a 'Report Me' link then.

<- My trust rating is a joke, due to the poor and worthless implementation of trust ratings at bitcointalk.org
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 08:45:42 AM

I'd like to see bonuses spread out over more than top 3, maybe do 0.05 to top 6.   It seems quickseller has 1 bonus nailed each week (not saying he didnt deserve it last weeks) as nobody can compete with him so that leave 2 bonuses up for grabs.

Im assuming the intention of the bonus is to increase overall posting quality of the group? with only 2 or maybe 3 bonus spots out of 42 people not many will aim to increase their overall posting standards.  
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 09:05:53 AM

I think it's fair. I was just seeing some of the posts made by bonus winners (panju07 & fox19891989) and they're all so constructive.

I don't think I can compete with that. I got C+ and I think that's too generous of them.  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 09:24:38 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 11:10:26 AM by WhatTheGox

I think it's fair. I was just seeing some of the posts made by bonus winners (panju07 & fox19891989) and they're all so constructive.

I don't think I can compete with that. I got C+ and I think that's too generous of them.  Smiley

Do grades = bonus or # of posts or both?

Its fair the best posters won the top 3 in the week just gone no doubt.  

As someone who got over 100 posts and scored a B i fall just outside the bonus i guess? rightly so this week, i did have some inconsistency for sure.

As feedback to the site, im saying considering the standard needed to get in top 3 i wouldnt necessarily go out of my way to improve my posting standard for next week because i likely cannot compete for top 3 out of 43 people.  

I would think most posters wouldnt aim for the bonus with 43 people signed up, like maybe 8 people are aiming for it out of 43 so overall you have 80% of the group not aiming for higher quality.  Granted, posters can always get kicked out for bad quality which is something to consider.

If the site owners want top 3 because they want a few amazing posters and their quality might drop if the bonus was moved to top 6, 0.05 etc, then thats something to consider sure.

Its just a smallish point, overall i am happy, thanks.

twister

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:48:36 PM

I have no idea, I am guessing the number of posts is the real factor here and also most of the posts the gentlemen I mentioned above made were in Gambling section, so that might be it.

If the site owners want top 3 because they want a few amazing posters and their quality might drop if the bonus was moved to top 6, 0.05 etc, then thats something to consider sure.

But 0.05 is not really a Winning prize is it?
It's more like a pity bonus.

Actually, I am not too happy about my grade. I think I deserve a B+

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:55:09 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 03:45:26 PM by arallmuus

I don't think I can compete with that. I got C+ and I think that's too generous of them.  Smiley

Its fair the best posters won the top 3 in the week just gone no doubt. 

As someone who got over 100 posts and scored a B i fall just outside the bonus i guess? rightly so this week, i did have some inconsistency for sure.

As feedback to the site, im saying considering the standard needed to get in top 3 i wouldnt necessarily go out of my way to improve my posting standard for next week because i likely cannot compete for top 3 out of 43 people. 

I would think most posters wouldnt aim for the bonus with 43 people signed up, like maybe 8 people are aiming for it out of 43 so overall you have 80% of the group not aiming for higher quality.  Granted, posters can always get kicked out for bad quality which is something to consider.

Ill leave it up here so that people can know how to get the bonus

How to choose 3 top constructive posters? Depend on the amount or quality or both?

My post amount is ranked 4th, but I think my post quality can be top 3.

I hope I can get the 0.1 btc bonus.  Cheesy

Both, quality, constructiveness and consistency.
If still there is a conflict, those who posted more in the relevant boards will be preferred.

Competition is tough.. Post quality is seeing an impressive rise. Smiley

It is more to the rating and not the post count, if you remembered sebastianju got half a bonus last week with only 52 posts

For me personally I never thought of it as a bonus, more like a thankyou reward from the campaign for posting quality post in the forum, competition is rising here, more and more participants has got an A rating

The decision to actually split it to 0.1 BTC x 3 was indeed right, 3 weeks ago it was 0.15 BTC for 1 participants, which ofcourse will be hard to get since quickseller is the top candidate for it, although I personally dont mind to split it so that alot more people can get this thankyou bonus from the campaign, with the exception for the posting count to be more stricter

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
twister

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 03:19:21 PM

Well I can't spam the shit out of a single board to have a chance at getting a Bonus. I post when and if I feel there is a need on a thread and that my comment or opinion would add something to the discussion or help someone or if there is something that I don't understand then I ask a question to clear my doubts.

Otherwise I refrain from posting anything. And I don't choose boards, if I see a thread anywhere in the forum, which I have something to add to, I do. If that doesn't gets me a bonus or lowers my grade then be it.

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 03:58:29 PM

Well I can't spam the shit out of a single board to have a chance at getting a Bonus. I post when and if I feel there is a need on a thread and that my comment or opinion would add something to the discussion or help someone or if there is something that I don't understand then I ask a question to clear my doubts.

Otherwise I refrain from posting anything. And I don't choose boards, if I see a thread anywhere in the forum, which I have something to add to, I do. If that doesn't gets me a bonus or lowers my grade then be it.

This is how it is suppose so, there is actually no specific rules to post in a specific boards and no restriction to post in specific boards either, it is just that some post in specific boards may not be counted for payment
And spamming or posting 100+ posts a week doesnt means that you will be eligible for the bonus, more importantly is the rating of your posts

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:47:48 PM

I have no idea, I am guessing the number of posts is the real factor here and also most of the posts the gentlemen I mentioned above made were in Gambling section, so that might be it.

I dunno i think 0.05 for a 1 week bonus is decent, you get 0.04 per week for some campaigns total.  If it were top 6 paid there seems like a more realisitc chance of getting the bonus each week provided you are very active and post good quality Grin

It is more to the rating and not the post count, if you remembered sebastianju got half a bonus last week with only 52 posts

For me personally I never thought of it as a bonus, more like a thankyou reward from the campaign for posting quality post in the forum, competition is rising here, more and more participants has got an A rating

The decision to actually split it to 0.1 BTC x 3 was indeed right, 3 weeks ago it was 0.15 BTC for 1 participants, which ofcourse will be hard to get since quickseller is the top candidate for it, although I personally dont mind to split it so that alot more people can get this thankyou bonus from the campaign, with the exception for the posting count to be more stricter

Ok thanks for clearing that up and the bonus and campaign is appreciated, i guess if anyone else wants top 6 they should say Smiley

ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:00:20 AM

I dunno i think 0.05 for a 1 week bonus is decent, you get 0.04 per week for some campaigns total.  If it were top 6 paid there seems like a more realisitc chance of getting the bonus each week provided you are very active and post good quality Grin

Ok thanks for clearing that up and the bonus and campaign is appreciated, i guess if anyone else wants top 6 they should say Smiley

If we go on splitting it again, say to 6*0.05, it may not serve as a good enough incentive to high quality posters. For instance, if the #1 decreased his quality he might still end up #6 and get the same bonus.
A better way would be to rank them and award the bonus. That is very difficult thing to do, since most of the top posters almost have no difference in their post quality.

On the other hand, none of the other campaigns, atm, give a bonus totalling around 1.2BTC a month.
Also note that in at least a few weeks, there were 4 winners, 0.1*2 and 0.05*2. If there is extreme difficulty, we usually split the prizes to be more fair to all participants. Smiley

Thanks Cheesy

Just my opinion. If everyone wants 6x0.05, we can surely make it that. But, that will be discouraging some of the top quality posters here. Wink
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:10:59 AM

We consider post quality first. That will elimiate a few, and get some 10-15 good quality posters. Then we consider, the rating, stricter evaluation, etc. and finally consistency, post count and even boards posted (less relevant though, if we still can't come to a final 3 or 4) to finally decide on it. We consider all criterion possible to get the final three (or 4 as the case may be).

If you check some of the posts, you will find that the evaluation and elimination for bonus is a pretty difficult thing to do, with so many good high quality posters in our campaign. The choice is diffcult, so we consider all possible things. Wink

Thanks Cheesy
ndnhc
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:06:54 AM

If we go on splitting it again, say to 6*0.05, it may not serve as a good enough incentive to high quality posters. For instance, if the #1 decreased his quality he might still end up #6 and get the same bonus.
A better way would be to rank them and award the bonus. That is very difficult thing to do, since most of the top posters almost have no difference in their post quality.

Actually thats a great idea if you can do that as it would increase quality across the group but not bring down the quality of the very top posters too much.  If people cant be separated by quality they could be reward equally more so.  What about something like top 7:

1st = 0.08
2nd-3rd = 0.05
4th-7th = 0.03

edit: i see your problem though if you have 2-3 excellent posters, how do you decide. maybe go

1st - 3rd = 0.06
4th - 7th = 0.03
ndnh (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:38:30 AM

Actually thats a great idea if you can do that as it would increase quality across the group but not bring down the quality of the very top posters too much.  If people cant be separated by quality they could be reward equally more so.  What about something like top 7:

1st = 0.08
2nd-3rd = 0.05
4th-7th = 0.03

edit: i see your problem though if you have 2-3 excellent posters, how do you decide. maybe go

1st - 3rd = 0.06
4th - 7th = 0.03

Another thing to address is, if you are the top poster, you wouldn't like this, would you?

This might soon get to 0.3 divided among whole posters based on their quality etc.
It might be good for those who don't get the bonus, and may be you will say it will be good.
But it has the following issues:
1. 0.3 divided among 40+ will make it insignificant amount for most of the participants.
2. It will fail to persuade those who are at the top.
3. Top 3 rewards are kept high so that it works as a reasonable incentive to the quality posters. It helps making healthy competition. The above way won't.

For instance, Quickseller made 199 posts, last week. 0.1 is the bonus he deserve. I don't think it is a good idea to lower it to 0.06.
1st to 3rd = 0.1 each is a good bonus IMO.

Any votes (for/against)?
WhatTheGox
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:59:02 AM

1st = 0.08
2nd-3rd = 0.05
4th-7th = 0.03

1st - 3rd = 0.06
4th - 7th = 0.03

Another thing to address is, if you are the top poster, you wouldn't like this, would you?

This might soon get to 0.3 divided among whole posters based on their quality etc.
It might be good for those who don't get the bonus, and may be you will say it will be good.
But it has the following issues:
1. 0.3 divided among 40+ will make it insignificant amount for most of the participants.
2. It will fail to persuade those who are at the top.
3. Top 3 rewards are kept high so that it works as a reasonable incentive to the quality posters. It helps making healthy competition. The above way won't.

For instance, Quickseller made 199 posts, last week. 0.1 is the bonus he deserve. I don't think it is a good idea to lower it to 0.06.
1st to 3rd = 0.1 each is a good bonus IMO.

Any votes (for/against)?

Is quickseller the only one who has makes the bonus consistantly each week? if im quickseller i'd be snap voting against what i suggest haha

If you have different people who make 2nd and 3rd spot each week i think top 7 will work better for consistant overall group quality.

Either way im happy, thanks for your hard work!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: