Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to try cloudmining, where to start  (Read 1733 times)
helstad (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 04:51:49 PM

OK, so assuming buying a machine wont happen and cloudmining is a bad option what would you recommend I do with the bitcoins I have?

Any opportunities to invest them somewhere to earn more or should I just convert them to cash and move on?

why do you want to invest your bitcoins? What do you think the price will be in the future? If the price is going to go down, get out now. If the price is going to go up, how will the people you "invest" with be willing or able to pay you back?

I'm ignorant about what options are so I thought I asked before just converting my bitcoins to cash and move on.

I thought cloudmining would be a good option but from the opinions here I see it isn't. I'll probably just convert it to paypal.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 04:55:05 PM

OK, so assuming buying a machine wont happen and cloudmining is a bad option what would you recommend I do with the bitcoins I have?

Any opportunities to invest them somewhere to earn more or should I just convert them to cash and move on?

why do you want to invest your bitcoins? What do you think the price will be in the future? If the price is going to go down, get out now. If the price is going to go up, how will the people you "invest" with be willing or able to pay you back?

I'm ignorant about what options are so I thought I asked before just converting my bitcoins to cash and move on.

I thought cloudmining would be a good option but from the opinions here I see it isn't. I'll probably just convert it to paypal.

Well I personally like to hold my coins for the long term, but it really depends on your finances. Maybe sell some off and hold some just in case we ever start going to the moon. Who knows if Bitcoin will ever take off, but if it does..you will be happy you held!

Edit: also good move not buying into cloud mining..it is always a looser.
helstad (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:26:10 PM

Well I personally like to hold my coins for the long term, but it really depends on your finances. Maybe sell some off and hold some just in case we ever start going to the moon. Who knows if Bitcoin will ever take off, but if it does..you will be happy you held!

Edit: also good move not buying into cloud mining..it is always a looser.

I got my bitcoins a bit by accident, someone I did a work for was delaying the payment so much that I decided to take his offer to pay in bitcoins. I only have 3.2 bitcoins. My finances are ok but I don't like the idea of having to wait for years to see if I profit something (I would probably just forget I have them), I was looking for something that could give me some residual income starting now, that's why I looked into cloudmining.

Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 05:42:37 PM

If that's the case just sell them (or use them to buy stuff from places that will accept them so you don't have to deal with exchanges). There are not many (if any) legit investment opportunities.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2015, 06:09:35 PM

If that's the case just sell them (or use them to buy stuff from places that will accept them so you don't have to deal with exchanges). There are not many (if any) legit investment opportunities.

Agreed spend them or sell in that case. I would not recommend selling them for PayPal via these forums unless the buyer is highly rated..so many scams here.
Alexalex

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:13:08 PM

Hello guys,
And what about Zenhash?
eneloop
Legendary

Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 03, 2015, 09:17:11 PM

Stay away from all cloud mining services. Every week another cloud mining ponzi collapes.
If you believe bitcoin raises in future, buy some coins and store them safely.
ProudMiner

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 03:59:55 PM

http://amhash.com/ is cloud mining in the form of stocks, mined coins are received as devidend, you can buy and sell the GH any time you want, price depends on supply and demand and they have low maintenance fees

newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 09, 2015, 04:02:16 PM

I googled and found many options and contradictory reviews, so I thought I'd gather some opinions here.

I've read some old topics but things seem so volatile and to change so fast that I decided to opena  new topic.

I was told by a friend to try eobot, is this a good option?

Never heard of eobot. What is the web address ?

art4free81

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 05:26:26 AM

i'm reading this thread, and i can't see no solution...how can we make the price up? i think that's the aim goal of this crypto coin...
Think like an investor, you mine today the next day you get profit...remember the mid 2016 the price will sky rocket or maybe goes down. it depends on us, the MARKET MOVER...Start your crypto as a side project not the main business...
This is the big step for all of us, to change from conventional trade exchange to digital era...just support it, than it will raised like hell...don't speak sceptic or stupid things.

SCAMS are everywhere we can't do shit about it, loose some money it's the risk for being investor, learn and protect your loosing...my suggestion, if you'd like to go cloud than go trough it...but remember choose your cloud wisely, do some research first...

if you scared to LOOSED your money here...Than DON'T...stay your bump out of the crypto...every business have their own risk...be ready to it...i think you know that...

(sorry for my bad english)
dmasys

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:11:35 PM

be carefull of terabox.me cloudmining service - they dont payout!

also grmining.com - it seems to be scam, too... got only 1 ths there and since one week they inform the users they will payout every sunday - but i recieved not the full payment. i think they will also stop paying next time (it´s only speculation!!)
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2015, 08:38:53 PM

Its better to do cloud mining if there was a legit service that stood around for more then 1 year.

But most just crumble, based on what I seen so far. The ones who offer it, I suggest looking into if they are a asic producer so they can back up by creating more miners if they needed to, so like bitmain is a perfect example to go with.

Anyone outside of being an actual asic producer you are just risking the performance that they dont have, which ends up being a ponzi.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: