Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:58:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin paper wallets received to pay for high prized items.  (Read 964 times)
mix624 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 02:46:15 PM

Hi,

I need to setup a payment system with Bitcoins for high priced items without 3rd party like Bitpay/Coinbase.
I was thinking about setting up the Bitshop script but have way to much to do at the moment.

But I instead got another idea. What if I ask customers to send me empty bitcoin paperwallets (BitAddress.org) ?
And then notify them that I got their wallet and that they could fund it now so I can take the payment.
The next step would just be to send them the product.

The price is $1000 and then I transfer it ( somehow ?) to our bitcoin wallet...

Would this be a good idea ? At least safe, I would need their shipping address also.

I went to BitAddress.org and made myself a paperwallet and realized how much of a newbie I was.
I managed to put Bitcoins into the paperwallet but the problem is how to withdraw Bitcoins from the paperwallet ?
Thought it would be easy but it wasnt, I am a bit stuck.

So I am asking advice on how to do this/ideas from someone more experienced.
It seems like a good starting point ?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 08:49:54 AM

op, I think you post to the wrong board. You should go here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0
You need to learn a bit knowledge of bitcoin! You are selling high prized items. Once the customers order it, you can provide you bitcoin address (public key) through your website or email instantly. Customers fund the provided address to get the shipment of the items. You don't need to worry the exposure  of your public address, at least you are controlling the private key no one can steal your money at the address.
 https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 09:38:11 AM

I managed to put Bitcoins into the paperwallet but the problem is how to withdraw Bitcoins from the paperwallet ?
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_to_import_private_keys
You should import the private key on the paper wallet to the bitcoin qt or online wallet!
For a newbie, you do no need to get obsessed with paper wallet. Why not learn and practice from the easy one? I recommend you to use online wallet first and get a little of Bitcoins from the exchange to try the functions.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:44:54 AM

What if I ask customers to send me empty bitcoin paperwallets (BitAddress.org) ?

You should not do that, the empty paper wallet would need to contain the private key for the public key. Before the empty wallet is sent your customer can copy the public and private keys and send the funds. He could then import the keys back to his wallet and take the funds back.

All you need to do to get your funds into your wallet is look for the import/export tab in your wallet, copy the public key and private key in the appropriate section and there you go. That's it.

With high value items there is no need for you to use any special system. Sticking with BitPay and Coinbase is something easy to do. There's also stripe to look at.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:24:29 AM

Bitcoin paper wallet is some kind of cold wallet for the sake of security! Just go to bitcoin qt wallet or blockchain.info, they are is easy to use! And send the receiving address to your customers for the payment!
AltcoinInvestor

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 07:26:46 AM

That's a really terrible idea. Why increasing the shipment price?
Just create 1000 address on an offline computer and use those addresses to get payment. You can match those addresses with order id's to check if it's paid or not.
IF you want you can create millions of addresses...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: