Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:25:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcredit/CRE - first sidechain, claimable from Bitcoin, pow/pod  (Read 12911 times)
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 10:17:18 PM

I am currently having trouble getting the program to run due to bind fail on 0.0.0.0:8333 even when I create a shortcut and specify the -listen=0 flag for it to use any port, it still tries to use 8333, also tried setting things in a bitcredit.conf file with no luck as well.

I'm not exactly an expert on the matter, But it sounds to me like your files in the appdata/roaming/bitcredit directory may be set to read only.
Check it out and see if they are, I recall having a similar issue on one of my first attempts.

Did you use the torrent blockchain method? If so please make sure you fully read and understand the post HERE.

I figured the problem out it was because I had checked out the other one named bitcredits and it was trying to hijack its directory.  Or not as while deleting the directory from the other one actually let me pick a directory detecting it was a first run, we quickly resulted back to the other issue.

Also as for the torrent question, no I did not as I already have a full bitcoin block chain and am going to use an alternate method to get the program up to speed, provided it will ever open to create the initial data folders for the blockchain since all it created before it fails to bind is the basic directory structure without the folders for the chains.

I would highly recommend using the Blockchain torrent download as seen HERE.

I tried a few experimental ways and lost a few days mining before Gabriel offered this method which works quite well.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Destined

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:24:29 PM

I am currently having trouble getting the program to run due to bind fail on 0.0.0.0:8333 even when I create a shortcut and specify the -listen=0 flag for it to use any port, it still tries to use 8333, also tried setting things in a bitcredit.conf file with no luck as well.

I'm not exactly an expert on the matter, But it sounds to me like your files in the appdata/roaming/bitcredit directory may be set to read only.
Check it out and see if they are, I recall having a similar issue on one of my first attempts.

Did you use the torrent blockchain method? If so please make sure you fully read and understand the post HERE.

I figured the problem out it was because I had checked out the other one named bitcredits and it was trying to hijack its directory.  Or not as while deleting the directory from the other one actually let me pick a directory detecting it was a first run, we quickly resulted back to the other issue.

Also as for the torrent question, no I did not as I already have a full bitcoin block chain and am going to use an alternate method to get the program up to speed, provided it will ever open to create the initial data folders for the blockchain since all it created before it fails to bind is the basic directory structure without the folders for the chains.

I tried a few experimental ways and lost a few days mining before Gabriel offered this method which works quite well.

The problem is because its refusing to try and use a port other than 8333 for bitcoin, and I already have a bitcoin client actively running which by design specs wants to use 8333.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 01:52:50 AM

The problem is because its refusing to try and use a port other than 8333 for bitcoin, and I already have a bitcoin client actively running which by design specs wants to use 8333.

I did have a valid Bitcoin-qt install on my computer when I installed Bitcredit but I didn't ever try to run them in unison.
This is a very interesting issue and I'm sure when Gab gets back online he can likely either advise a fix or start coding a patch for the issue.

Hang in there, i had issues in the beginning as well getting it running but Gabriel sorted it out.
I'll hook you up with 10 CRE when you get up and running for the troubles, irregardless of you not being a full member.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Lead developer of Credits [CRE]

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 06:13:46 AM

The bind problem is probably due to that you have a separate Bitcoin client running as well. Bitcredit has a built in Bitcoin client. Try to set the -bitcoin_listen=0 flag. Or change the port with -bitcoin_port=<port>.

Many of the options that options that exist has a "-bitcoin_<xxx>" for the built in Bitcoin client.

████████████████  C R E D I T S - [C R E]  ███████████████
████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:27:30 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 10:44:04 AM by Destined

I did have a valid Bitcoin-qt install on my computer when I installed Bitcredit but I didn't ever try to run them in unison.
This is a very interesting issue and I'm sure when Gab gets back online he can likely either advise a fix or start coding a patch for the issue.

Hang in there, i had issues in the beginning as well getting it running but Gabriel sorted it out.
I'll hook you up with 10 CRE when you get up and running for the troubles, irregardless of you not being a full member.

Up and running now.  1Pt5m2dVKjpRhmNzaic2GhGGeodNGswimd
Thanks Smiley
gregor12

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 12:54:31 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 01:25:46 PM by gregor12

My bitcredit chain wont sync (btc chain was fully synced), it stayed at block 6322 or something like that (6 days behind). Once I closed and reopend qt i got error
 *** Error moving claim tip. Expected active bitcredit block: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, was:   0000000013a663baba47abad9d88f5a4bde47e9655c38b2eb474f443093cd019
 *** ERROR: Bitcredit: ConnectBlock: Failed to move claim tip to 0000000000000000189a6d0d46b0364748c4c2249ba4a3cbb45db99abcbfd2a9
ERROR: Bitcredit: ConnectTip() : ConnectBlock 000000005fc6f4b75a16b644bc1bd975ec71e7bdfab3144d84915d0efae490d2 failed

edit: I used the block chain file from torrent
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:25:35 PM

Thanks Smiley

Good to hear. Did you get the miner started as well?

████████  The next evolutionary step in crypto-currency | Sidechain technology - Claimable - sha256   ███████
◥ Proof of Work / Proof of Deposit mining system ◥ Official Website ◥ Bitcointalk Thread ◥ Exchange
Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:29:32 PM

Thanks Smiley

Good to hear. Did you get the miner started as well?

Yea
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:32:22 PM

My bitcredit chain wont sync (btc chain was fully synced), it stayed at block 6322 or something like that (6 days behind). Once I closed and reopend qt i got error
 *** Error moving claim tip. Expected active bitcredit block: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, was:   0000000013a663baba47abad9d88f5a4bde47e9655c38b2eb474f443093cd019
 *** ERROR: Bitcredit: ConnectBlock: Failed to move claim tip to 0000000000000000189a6d0d46b0364748c4c2249ba4a3cbb45db99abcbfd2a9
ERROR: Bitcredit: ConnectTip() : ConnectBlock 000000005fc6f4b75a16b644bc1bd975ec71e7bdfab3144d84915d0efae490d2 failed

The fastest way is probably wiping your working directory and restart with a new fresh working directory from the downloaded torrent. I suggest you also look at the log output if the gui appears to be stuck. The interface do not update very well when the Bitcredit chain syncs. Don't forget to backup bitcredit_wallet.dat when you wipe the working directory.

The error message means that you have inconsistency in the state between Bitcoin and Bitcredit. This is normally a non-recoverable error. This error is known and work is being done on handling the problem. Unfortunately it causes some problems for people at the moment. The inconsistency may appear if the Bitcredit-Qt process is killed in the middle of a chainstate update.

Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 04:49:15 PM

Some more info on how to see when you are in sync can be found here:
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=17

Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:06:51 PM

So who has claimed CRE using a bitcoin wallet so far?  Was it actually worth the pain of having to start over with a new wallet?
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 06:12:00 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2015, 07:24:14 PM by MRKLYE

So who has claimed CRE using a bitcoin wallet so far?  Was it actually worth the pain of having to start over with a new wallet?

I claimed a small amount to test it, Seemed to work. Far more effective to mine it in my humble opinion.

I sent over your 10 CRE welcome bonus!

Date: 2015-04-16 14:23
To: 1Pt5m2dVKjpRhmNzaic2GhGGeodNGswimd
Debit: -10.00 CRE
Net amount: -10.00 CRE
Transaction ID: d5b3662bbbb86f092412414bf257837fe3b5c685e5d7e2964d95b544099fa419-000

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:33:12 PM

So who has claimed CRE using a bitcoin wallet so far?  Was it actually worth the pain of having to start over with a new wallet?

I claimed a small amount to test it, Seemed to work. Far more effective to mine it in my humble opinion.

Transaction ID: d5b3662bbbb86f092412414bf257837fe3b5c685e5d7e2964d95b544099fa419-000

Confirmed, and what was the exchange rate?  I seem to be a bit unclear on if it was based on your balance at a set point in time, or if it was based on the cumulative total of deposits into your account by that set point in time.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 07:47:29 PM

Confirmed, and what was the exchange rate?  I seem to be a bit unclear on if it was based on your balance at a set point in time, or if it was based on the cumulative total of deposits into your account by that set point in time.

I believe its based on cumulative total in the address but don't quote me on that though.

CRE is only being traded small scale at the moment, If you look a few pages back you can see the bids/asks.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 07:58:45 PM

I believe its based on cumulative total in the address but don't quote me on that though.

CRE is only being traded small scale at the moment, If you look a few pages back you can see the bids/asks.

I should have worded that better but I ment the rate from your btc activity to CRE.
MRKLYE
Legendary

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 08:39:00 PM

CRE can be claimed for BTC at a ratio of 1:1 I do believe.

I only briefly tested the claiming and it worked. But primarily most of the CRE I have were mined.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GreydonIselmoe

Activity: 294

Credits [CRE] - Community Manager

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2015, 09:34:42 PM

Very interesting idea for a coin, setting up my wallet and prepping my CPU for a nice hammering. Cheesy

Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:39:45 PM

Is there any other mining software I can use on additional towers I have laying around so that I don't need to run multiple wallets and could instead just point them to the first wallet?
Gabriel Eiger (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:32:10 PM

It is a 1:1 ratio. If you have bitcoins they can be claimed by adding your bitcoin wallet to the bitcredit client. See here for further info. Note that your bitcoins will not be spent, only registered as claimed in the Bitcredit network. It is the electronic equivalent of writing "this has been claimed" on a regular bank note. This also means that once a specific set of bitcoins has been claimed, they can not be claimed again.
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

It may not seem worth the hassle to do it if you only have a few bitcoins. However, half the total amount of bitcredits that ever will exist are claimable from Bitcoin. This means in practical terms that it is possible to make the transition from Bitcoin into Bitcredit without risking anything, for the majority of all bitcoin holders.

Destined

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 10:57:41 PM

It is a 1:1 ratio. If you have bitcoins they can be claimed by adding your bitcoin wallet to the bitcredit client. See here for further info. Note that your bitcoins will not be spent, only registered as claimed in the Bitcredit network. It is the electronic equivalent of writing "this has been claimed" on a regular bank note. This also means that once a specific set of bitcoins has been claimed, they can not be claimed again.
http://bitcredit-currency.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=19

It may not seem worth the hassle to do it if you only have a few bitcoins. However, half the total amount of bitcredits that ever will exist are claimable from Bitcoin. This means in practical terms that it is possible to make the transition from Bitcoin into Bitcredit without risking anything, for the majority of all bitcoin holders.

What about my question posted above in regard to using additional computers but the same wallet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: