Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:23:57 AM

Good decision to modify the crowdsale! I think you guys have a great idea with huge potential, but it is a hard time to generate 'real' support around the crypto scene now.

I still think many will gamble that the btc price will rise in the next two weeks enough to compensate for the diminishing amps per USD, but now early birds have an incentive. I've sent off my investment!!

Good luck Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boomboom

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:26:14 AM

If the facebook news is a lie or a "joke" then Im not investing a single dollar here, Im not here for jokes, If I want to joke or listen and read jokes I'd rather just download the 9gag app. If it is a lie this proyect is just a joke and you just destroyed trust and confidence.

chill out man, it was harmless fun
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 06:04:10 PM

Our next Community Hangout is tomorrow at 21:00 GMT: discussing developing on Synereo and our new Bounty
MVP (Minimum Viable Features): up to 50K AMPs to be shared by selected participants. Find out more on our blog

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:44:44 AM

How do you control all the interactions between one person and the content ?
If you do it by the network, then it will be a privacy nightmare, all your interactions with the content could be monitored !

If not monitored, you can't enforce it's trustfulness and you are susceptible to Sybil attack, or fake behavior.

That's where the DendroNET comes in, allowing a local consensus to be created. There's no one truth source (a centralized entity), but the part of the network around you can "vouch" for claims made in it.
Thanks for your answers, I'll continue to shoot Smiley

If there is no global consensus, how do you validate the distribution of AMPs ?

The fact that I read a post is made public or not ?

The only global consensus with have is for AMPs, which are a conserved quantity. That's what we use the blockchain and the Omnilayer for.
And no, it will not be made public. Generally, there are very few things that people on the network have to know about you if you interact with them. You have a lot of control over who gets to see what.

That doesn't explain how the network decide who get the Amp for reading content !?

Your node decides based on the view of the network available to it.

If it's my node, then I can corrupt it and make it so that it give me all the Amp that pass by.

Your node decides this only when it's the one investing AMPs in content. Smiley

So the node who is investing Amp in content knows who read it ?

No. You decide how much you want to invest (and can optionally select a few parameters and "strategies" if you want to use the advanced settings) and the rest is handled outside of your control.

I'm sorry but this is really shady...

Can you tell who is controlling this.
Please explain the different step from someone paying to have his content amplified to someone recieving the AMP for reading it.
- Where is the information rooted ?
- Where is the decision made ?
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:17:39 AM

So I purchased some AMP's... They will be transferred to my omniwallet automatically?
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:00:25 AM

So I purchased some AMP's... They will be transferred to my omniwallet automatically?

no, you must wait till end of crowdsale

IOTA
nickhiggins123

Activity: 283

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:07:45 AM

We've created all AMPs and disbursed them to wallets. They'll remain completely transparent so that everyone can follow them and ascertain that we are operating within the established rules.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLBm8OHt5-81flihJ6iSKEm0WbRa6FL0mJ5ivBN34Po

Crowdsale Wallet (184800000 AMPs)
User Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Content Creator Wallet (75000000 AMPs)
Founder Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Bounty Wallet (115000000 AMPs)
Future Funding Wallet (425200000 AMPs)

I think I misunderstood.
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:09:28 PM

We've created all AMPs and disbursed them to wallets. They'll remain completely transparent so that everyone can follow them and ascertain that we are operating within the established rules.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLBm8OHt5-81flihJ6iSKEm0WbRa6FL0mJ5ivBN34Po

Crowdsale Wallet (184800000 AMPs)
User Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Content Creator Wallet (75000000 AMPs)
Founder Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Bounty Wallet (115000000 AMPs)
Future Funding Wallet (425200000 AMPs)

I think I misunderstood.

You can see all AMPs in existence here and see exactly when and how they move. This way, you know we're operating according to our asset policies at all times.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:12:06 PM

You may be interested in the discussion about Ethereum's smart contracting system here - as compared to Synereo's:
http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/31rnmh/isnt_ethereum_just_a_dsl_for_the_blockchain/

"Essentially, after some analysis of the Ethereum value proposition, it appears to me to be largely a domain specific language (DSL) for programmatic transactions on the blockchain. There's little in the way of background or understanding of previous work on smart contracts, or of what makes a good language design or of the basics of programming language semantics informing Ethereum."

Quote from: Vitalik
This is really my fault for introducing sloppy original language, but: when in computer science mode, it's better not to think of ethereum as being "a contract platform". Instead, think of it as a server which is simulating millions of virtual machines, where all of the virtual machines are running scripts that have the ability to read and write to their own hard drive (but not anyone else's) and send messages to other virtual machines. The only difference is that the whole thing is decentralized.

So yes, we are a DSL for the blockchain.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Wsbltc

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:50:25 PM

I sent BTC from my blockchain wallet, how can I get my AMPs?

same question.
leithaus

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:42:14 PM

How do you control all the interactions between one person and the content ?
If you do it by the network, then it will be a privacy nightmare, all your interactions with the content could be monitored !

If not monitored, you can't enforce it's trustfulness and you are susceptible to Sybil attack, or fake behavior.

That's where the DendroNET comes in, allowing a local consensus to be created. There's no one truth source (a centralized entity), but the part of the network around you can "vouch" for claims made in it.
Thanks for your answers, I'll continue to shoot Smiley

If there is no global consensus, how do you validate the distribution of AMPs ?

The fact that I read a post is made public or not ?

The only global consensus with have is for AMPs, which are a conserved quantity. That's what we use the blockchain and the Omnilayer for.
And no, it will not be made public. Generally, there are very few things that people on the network have to know about you if you interact with them. You have a lot of control over who gets to see what.

That doesn't explain how the network decide who get the Amp for reading content !?

Your node decides based on the view of the network available to it.

If it's my node, then I can corrupt it and make it so that it give me all the Amp that pass by.

Your node decides this only when it's the one investing AMPs in content. Smiley

So the node who is investing Amp in content knows who read it ?

No. You decide how much you want to invest (and can optionally select a few parameters and "strategies" if you want to use the advanced settings) and the rest is handled outside of your control.

I'm sorry but this is really shady...

Can you tell who is controlling this.
Please explain the different step from someone paying to have his content amplified to someone recieving the AMP for reading it.
- Where is the information rooted ?
- Where is the decision made ?

Hello! Thanks for your diligence and persistence! We really appreciate people wanting to get to a practical, repeatable and reliable understanding.
Let's identify some characters and terminology for the tech. The characters will correspond to the characters in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJcr0G6O6ME). We have Dylan the poet, creator of fine poetic content. We have Stan, curator of fine poetic content. We have UnitedFans, connoisseur of fine poetic content. These characters interact with each other through Synereo nodes. (Note that Synereo nodes are not necessarily in 1-1 correspondence with the characters using them.)

The Synereo nodes have two basic functions: one is to provide a content delivery network; the other is to provide access to the AMP ledger in the blockchain. How those functions work is cryptographically secured in two ways. First and foremost they are secured through the use of an *infinitely* large keyspace. Secondly, they are secured by encrypting message flow. It is important to understand that content is not (by default) pinned to a physical location. It is accessed through keys with a rich internal structure. Similarly, all system functions, including access to the blockchain, are accessed via message-based protocols that use keys as channels over which to communicate.

So, when Dylan is posting content to Stan, he is actually publishing content on a cryptographically secure, persisted channel. The persistence is not tied to a physical location, but a property of the network. The same is true when Stan posts the content to UnitedFans. When UnitedFans promotes the content with AMPs, they are accessing the blockchain through a cryptographically secure channel. This completes a series of txn's. One of them is to Stan, and another is to Dylan. These txn's are actually completions of transactions triggered by the transmission of content. The AMPs used to promote the content can be thought of as a kind of payment for the content that may be arbitrarily deferred. When UnitedFans promotes the AMPs they are paying some of the debt accrued by the dissemination of the content. The act of receiving the content is a single, point-to-point trustless transaction. UnitedFans receives content in exchange for a promise that if they ever promote the content, some of the promotion AMPs go to Stan. Behind the scenes, in a cryptographically secure manner, Stan('s node acting on behalf of Stan) has made a similar deal with Dylan('s node acting on behalf of Dylan). Likewise, the act of promoting the content is a single, point-to-point trustless transaction. Clearly, the two transactions are linked in a certain way to make the chain of currency flow back up the chain of value transmission.

Note that if the "debt" is never paid off, it effectively gets converted to Reo, in automatic fashion. Any content that is valuable enough to become widely distributed through the network will cause a corresponding positive adjustment in the Reo scores of the content originators and content curators.

The mechanism by which content is associated with keys in the keyspace is much much stronger -- in principle -- than current use of encryption. One way to think about this is, i'm thinking of a URL, you have a week to guess it. You can use whatever computational resources you or your friends have at your disposal. The likelihood that you will guess my URL is vanishingly small. So, while it is certainly possible that individual Synero nodes can be hacked or corrupted, this doesn't help an attacker much because that doesn't get them access to giant chunks of content which are swimming around a network of nodes. Moreover, none of the nodes has a map of the whole network. Likewise Synereo node binaries are just more content. They can be shared and distributed through a bootstrapped Synereo network. So, reputation scores, i.e. Reo scores, can be associated with specific providers of the binaries, and binaries can be promoted, just like any other content. If you trust your friends to point you to the right open source library for a given application, then maybe you can trust them to point you to a Synereo node that plays nicely with the whole network.

Let me know if this helps. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask and we'll do our best to answer.
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:44:02 PM

I think you will have to view it via omni wallet.
Export priv key of the address from which you send BTC to omni wallet, once AMPs are sent out, you will see them in that address in omni wallet.

I sent BTC from my blockchain wallet, how can I get my AMPs?

same question.

@Elokane, can you answer our question, we have sent BTC to you according to guide but even't don't know how to get AMPs?
Legcorner

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 08:40:56 PM

What happens with the AMPs which are not bought in the crowdsale?

Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 11:57:15 PM

The 3 Platforms That Will Decentralize The Web
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2015/04/10/meet-the-3-platforms-that-will-decentralize-the-web/

....Here are a few platforms leading the web decentralization movement:

Synereo

As a new platform for decentralized social networking, Synereo is a powerful system for the peer-to-peer movement of social media information. This allows different users on the network to interact directly with each other, without the need for either party to be connected to each other or to a central server. All of the user data is distributed across the community of Synereo users, where it is safely encrypted — inaccessible to anyone (even the creators of the platform).
Synereo also has a built-in currency that will create what the organization calls the economy of attention. The currency — called AMP — rewards users for their attention to content and can be used to amplify content posted to the network. Users on the network set the value of attention to ensure attention is rewarded appropriately.
“Social platforms are used by 80 to 90 percent of people in the western world,” said Dor Konforty, CEO and Co-Founder of Synereo. “In some parts, people are barely aware of the ‘Internet’ outside of Facebook. Synereo’s technology offers a completely new way to create an Internet. It changes how information flows, how and where data is stored, and where logic operations are conducted.”...
boomboom

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 02:32:37 AM

The 3 Platforms That Will Decentralize The Web
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ilyapozin/2015/04/10/meet-the-3-platforms-that-will-decentralize-the-web/

....Here are a few platforms leading the web decentralization movement:

Synereo

As a new platform for decentralized social networking, Synereo is a powerful system for the peer-to-peer movement of social media information. This allows different users on the network to interact directly with each other, without the need for either party to be connected to each other or to a central server. All of the user data is distributed across the community of Synereo users, where it is safely encrypted — inaccessible to anyone (even the creators of the platform).
Synereo also has a built-in currency that will create what the organization calls the economy of attention. The currency — called AMP — rewards users for their attention to content and can be used to amplify content posted to the network. Users on the network set the value of attention to ensure attention is rewarded appropriately.
“Social platforms are used by 80 to 90 percent of people in the western world,” said Dor Konforty, CEO and Co-Founder of Synereo. “In some parts, people are barely aware of the ‘Internet’ outside of Facebook. Synereo’s technology offers a completely new way to create an Internet. It changes how information flows, how and where data is stored, and where logic operations are conducted.”...

Forbes .... wow!!
hector3115

Activity: 481
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 03:27:36 AM

The amps will be sent to the address you sent bitcoins from at the end of the sale.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
m3110w

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:24:36 AM

The amps will be sent to the address you sent bitcoins from at the end of the sale.

I purchased some AMPS using my Electrum BTC wallet on my Win7 pc. You're saying that somehow the amps will appear in my Electrum wallet at the end of the sale? Won't they just be bitcoins? How will my Electrum BTC wallet recognize them as AMPS?

Would be great if Synereo could put up a site and video that clearly describes how we'll get our AMPS at the end of the crowdsale.

Do I *need* an Omniwallet to get my AMPS? I created an Omniwallet account yesterday and entered in the "Sent From" address I used for my purchase of amps. It found nothing connected to that address.

I hope that Synereo can clear up this confusion. I've traded some emails with Don Konforty about this but, because I'm not super techie, I can't parse his replies. They're too short and cryptic for a non-geek like me. I've asked him for step by step newbie instructions but nothing yet. Hopefully soon.
boomboom

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 05:31:58 AM

I purchased some AMPS using my Electrum BTC wallet on my Win7 pc. You're saying that somehow the amps will appear in my Electrum wallet at the end of the sale? Won't they just be bitcoins? How will my Electrum BTC wallet recognize them as AMPS?

Would be great if Synereo could put up a site and video that clearly describes how we'll get our AMPS at the end of the crowdsale.

Do I *need* an Omniwallet to get my AMPS? I created an Omniwallet account yesterday and entered in the "Sent From" address I used for my purchase of amps. It found nothing connected to that address.

I hope that Synereo can clear up this confusion. I've traded some emails with Don Konforty about this but, because I'm not super techie, I can't parse his replies. They're too short and cryptic for a non-geek like me. I've asked him for step by step newbie instructions but nothing yet. Hopefully soon.

I think as long as you have the private keys for the bitcoin address you sent from you should be able to import them into whatever wallet you need. Sending from Blockchain.info and electrum should be good to go, sending from an exchange would not.
m3110w

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:46:56 AM

I think as long as you have the private keys for the bitcoin address you sent from you should be able to import them into whatever wallet you need. Sending from Blockchain.info and electrum should be good to go, sending from an exchange would not.

I'm pretty sure I do have the private keys for my Electrum wallet. But you lost me about the importing part. Import what to where? Anyone know where the AMPS go at the end of the crowdsale? I was told they go back to the original sending address. So this means that a sending address can also be a receiving address? They're bitcoin addresses. Does AMPS use bitcoin addresses? That still is not clear to me. How can my Electrum BTC wallet hold AMPS? Are AMPS just bitcoins? Will Synereo release some kind of AMPS wallet after the crowdsale is over?

People seem to be saying that the AMPS I purchased will just automatically go into my Electrum btc wallet after the crowdsale. Is that true or not?

If anyone can clear this up would be most appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie.

jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:24:46 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2015, 09:49:52 AM by jokumat

I'm pretty sure I do have the private keys for my Electrum wallet. But you lost me about the importing part. Import what to where? Anyone know where the AMPS go at the end of the crowdsale? I was told they go back to the original sending address. So this means that a sending address can also be a receiving address? They're bitcoin addresses. Does AMPS use bitcoin addresses? That still is not clear to me. How can my Electrum BTC wallet hold AMPS? Are AMPS just bitcoins? Will Synereo release some kind of AMPS wallet after the crowdsale is over?

People seem to be saying that the AMPS I purchased will just automatically go into my Electrum btc wallet after the crowdsale. Is that true or not?

If anyone can clear this up would be most appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie.

Yes, they use bitcoin blockchain and bitcoin addresses. Any bitcoin address can hold AMPs.

But what is important - if you want to see your AMPs or send them or whatever you must use omniwallet. Create new omniwallet https://www.omniwallet.org, in chrome browser preferably.  Then you have to copy (write down) your private key from electrum and then open your omniwallet and use the import private key omniwallet option.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: