Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879151 times)
m3110w

Activity: 94
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:56:56 AM

I'm pretty sure I do have the private keys for my Electrum wallet. But you lost me about the importing part. Import what to where? Anyone know where the AMPS go at the end of the crowdsale? I was told they go back to the original sending address. So this means that a sending address can also be a receiving address? They're bitcoin addresses. Does AMPS use bitcoin addresses? That still is not clear to me. How can my Electrum BTC wallet hold AMPS? Are AMPS just bitcoins? Will Synereo release some kind of AMPS wallet after the crowdsale is over?

People seem to be saying that the AMPS I purchased will just automatically go into my Electrum btc wallet after the crowdsale. Is that true or not?

If anyone can clear this up would be most appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie.

Yes, they use bitcoin blockchain and bitcoin addresses. Any bitcoin address can hold AMPs.

But what is important - if you want to see your AMPs or send them or whatever you must use omniwallet. Create new omniwallet https://www.omniwallet.org, in chrome browser preferably.  Then you have to copy (write down) your private key from electrum and then open your omniwallet and use the import key omniwallet option.

OK, I created an Omniwallet account yesterday.

Will using my Electrum private key at Omniwallet invalidate the Electrum wallet on my pc? I'm guessing it won't, but I want to make sure.

So say I follow your instructions and import my Electrum private key into my Omniwallet. Then at the end of the crowdsale my AMPS will magically appear in my Omniwallet? How will Synereo know to send my AMPS to my Omniwallet? So it sounds like somehow, by using my private key at Omniwallet, that will tell Synereo that that particular Omniwallet belongs to me and they'll send my AMPS there? Sounds like my sending address is tied to my private key and Synereo can detect that somehow.

I have that right? Or am I missing something?

Do I have to do anything else to make sure Synereo can properly identify my Omniwallet as belonging to me?

I'm still surprised that there's not a website and video that clearly presents all this in a step by step fashion; its kind of complicated. Most newbies would be totally clueless with all the steps. Am I the only AMPS buyer who does not have a PhD in blockchain technology?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SynereoCommunity

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

Your Network. Your Rules.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 02:50:59 PM

I'm pretty sure I do have the private keys for my Electrum wallet. But you lost me about the importing part. Import what to where? Anyone know where the AMPS go at the end of the crowdsale? I was told they go back to the original sending address. So this means that a sending address can also be a receiving address? They're bitcoin addresses. Does AMPS use bitcoin addresses? That still is not clear to me. How can my Electrum BTC wallet hold AMPS? Are AMPS just bitcoins? Will Synereo release some kind of AMPS wallet after the crowdsale is over?

People seem to be saying that the AMPS I purchased will just automatically go into my Electrum btc wallet after the crowdsale. Is that true or not?

If anyone can clear this up would be most appreciated. Thanks for helping a newbie.

Yes, they use bitcoin blockchain and bitcoin addresses. Any bitcoin address can hold AMPs.

But what is important - if you want to see your AMPs or send them or whatever you must use omniwallet. Create new omniwallet https://www.omniwallet.org, in chrome browser preferably.  Then you have to copy (write down) your private key from electrum and then open your omniwallet and use the import key omniwallet option.

Will using my Electrum private key at Omniwallet invalidate the Electrum wallet on my pc? I'm guessing it won't, but I want to make sure.

So say I follow your instructions and import my Electrum private key into my Omniwallet. Then at the end of the crowdsale my AMPS will magically appear in my Omniwallet? How will Synereo know to send my AMPS to my Omniwallet? So it sounds like somehow, by using my private key at Omniwallet, that will tell Synereo that that particular Omniwallet belongs to me and they'll send my AMPS there? Sounds like my sending address is tied to my private key and Synereo can detect that somehow.

Do I have to do anything else to make sure Synereo can properly identify my Omniwallet as belonging to me?

I'm still surprised that there's not a website and video that clearly presents all this in a step by step fashion; its kind of complicated. Most newbies would be totally clueless with all the steps. Am I the only AMPS buyer who does not have a PhD in blockchain technology?

You are basically importing your Electrum Bitcoin Address into Omniwallet, same address and Private Key.
To avoid issues why not just get a new Omniwallet Address and use that to send BTC and receive your AMPs?
Easy life.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
▄████▀  ▄████▀         ▀████▄
█████   █████           █████
▀████▄  ▀████▄          ▀███▀
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
  ░▓▓▓▓▓████████████▓▓▓████
 ░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓░
░▓▓▓▓███████████████████▓▓▓▓░
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓█████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
▓▓▓███████████████▓███████▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓██████████████████████▓▓▓
░▓▓▓▓███████▓███████████▓▓▓▓░
 ░▓▓▓▓▓███████████████▓▓▓▓ 
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
A new way to pay attention
|
Where your creation efforts are rewarded.
TELEGRAM | WEBSITE | ANN | FACEBOOK | DISCORD | TWITTER
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2015, 02:55:15 PM

We are over 10 Million AMPs sold. Get yours before the next rate change at https://crowdsale.synereo.com.

For more info read our blog post on Rule Change.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████
 ██████     ████████
  ▀████▄   ▄██████▀
     ▀█████████▀
Powered by
AMP
m3110w

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:30:19 AM

Don Konforty and others have said I need to send BTC to my Omniwallet and then send them the BTC. I'm confused. I used the Electrum wallet on my pc to purchase my AMPS. Why does my Omniwallet need to have some BTC in it before I can get my AMPS? Don Konforty seems to be saying I need to make another purchase of AMPS using the Omniwallet.

Can someone who has also purchased AMPS tell me what's going on with Omniwallet and AMPS?

If I used my Electrum wallet to purchase AMPS does that mean I'll never get my AMPS?

Do I need to use the same sending address to send BTC to my Omniwallet?

I request that someone post a step by step guide explaining how an Omniwallet is required to get the AMPS we purchased and how to set it all up. Thanks,
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:00:37 AM

All you need is control over your private key. You will eventually need to use Omniwallet to move/control those funds.

BTW..  "Don Konforty"   Cheesy
woozii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Call me the coin wrecker (;

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:29:48 AM

Over a billion coins. Look at the marketcap for the coins with total supply over 1 billion. All a penny or less per coin. At this rate your lucky to even make any money off this coin and you know no one is acually going to use it for its intended purpose.
m3110w

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:39:24 AM

You are basically importing your Electrum Bitcoin Address into Omniwallet, same address and Private Key.
To avoid issues why not just get a new Omniwallet Address and use that to send BTC and receive your AMPs?
Easy life.

OK, if I do this does Omniwallet then have control over my private key? Will it create problems if my Electrum wallet and Omniwallet are both using the same private key?
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 10:06:19 AM

Both Electrum and Omniwallet give you an interface through which you can access the bitcoin associated with your private key and create transactions using them on the bitcoin blockchain.

It's fine to have the same private key used with two different such interfaces.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 10:36:34 AM

Truth is a consensus among neurons.

Elokane, this line bothers me because it is false. Truth is absolute, but neurons can be mistaken.

Consider this: A jury trial reaches a "Guilty!" verdict (a "consensus among neurons") but in reality the accused is innocent (the Truth). He just wasn't able to convince the jury of his innocence. That's a "consensus among neurons" that is false.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 10:39:16 AM

Truth is a consensus among neurons.

Elokane, this line bothers me because it is false. Truth is absolute, but neurons can be mistaken.

Consider this: A jury trial reaches a "Guilty!" verdict (a "consensus among neurons") but in reality the accused is innocent (the Truth). He just wasn't able to convince the jury of his innocence. That's a "consensus among neurons" that is false.

A philosophy debate! Hurray! Smiley

Surely you acknowledge that many disagree with the claim that truth is absolute.

Either way, what YOU consider to be true - your subjective perception of what is - is entirely generated by a consensus among your neurons. Even if some absolute truth is out there, only the conception of it in your mind is accessible to you.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 11:05:16 AM

Surely you acknowledge that many disagree with the claim that truth is absolute.

Either way, what YOU consider to be true - your subjective perception of what is - is entirely generated by a consensus among your neurons. Even if some absolute truth is out there, only the conception of it in your mind is accessible to you.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/truth

Truth is a fact, it's not a consensus among neurons. End of debate.  Smiley

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Elokane (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 11:49:27 AM

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/truth

Truth is a fact, it's not a consensus among neurons. End of debate.  Smiley

Truth is a link to thefreedictionary.com on the Internet. Wink

The nature of the definition of truth as absolute comes from a warped perception of reality as having qualities that are persistent and unchanging. Since everything is, in fact, in persistent flux (can you name one thing that isn't?), every conception relating to any aspect of reality is merely a snapshot of an ongoing process. A narrow simulacrum of the spectrum of reality available to you through your senses, meant to serve you as you make decisions that benefit you in your environment. When you conceive of anything, the reality from which that conception has risen has already changed.

Not only that, but any access to reality (absolute or not) that you may have relies on these same senses, only able to provide you with a limited and entirely subjective view after being integrated and constructed by your brain.

Let's examine the definition you point to:

Quote from: thefreedictionary.com
a. Conformity to fact or actuality: Does this story have any truth?
b. Reality; actuality: In truth, he was not qualified for the job.
c. The reality of a situation: The truth is, she respects your work.

Definition a talks about a story. And what is a story, if not a subjective assessment of reality? When trying to ascertain the validity of a story you hear - even assuming the reality it's based on still exists in something close to the form originating the story - you form your own story. Who decides, then, whether a story has any truth? How does a group of people determine whether to stamp something with the label "true"?

Definition b discusses a person's qualification for a job. Who decides whether a person has the necessary skills and experience for a job? Is there an objective assessment of this?

Definition c talks about a person's assessment of another person's view of another person's (let's call him Bob) work.

The claim that that some person respects Bob's work is entirely subjective and depends on the view of that person of the person who supposedly respects the work. Another person may receive similar information and get to a different conclusion. Who decides, then, whether the person respects Bob's work?

The person assessing Bob's work herself decides whether or not she does this based on her completely subjective criteria. Importantly, if you were to examine her brain and decision making processes, you would see that in some of these criteria, let's say 3 out of the 10 that form the notion of respect, Bob's work doesn't actually deem it. However, using the rest of the criteria - most dimensions of it - relevant to her subjective judgment of work respect, Bob's work passes. When asked whether it's true that she respects Bob's work, that person's assessment would reflect the consensus generated by her neurons - each group representing a different criteria, and coming together to determine whether there's more agreement about Bob passing than not - and the answer would be in accord. 

The truth of her claim, then - whether she respects Bob or not - depends on a consensus among her neurons. The truth of the observer of her answer about respect depends on his perception of her answer and his inner consensus about whether or not it reflected her inner state accurately. 

As your perception is entirely subjective, and as there are no objective means to survey reality, the notion of truth as absolute is simply not useful - and anyone making a claim to that implicitly suggests that he has means that you do not.
Truth is a notion created in your subjective mind to form a judgment that you can then utilize about your perceived environment.
Truth is only as true as it is useful.

Now back to work with me!

<br>
SynereoCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2015, 05:00:19 PM

Watch Synereo's new video

Something No One Owns

▄███▄   ▄███▄
       ▄█████   █████
       ████▀   ███████
     ▄█▀     ▄█▀     ▀█▄
     ▀█▄     ▀█▄
▄███   ▀████▄  ▀████▄
█████   █████   █████
▀████   ▀███▀   ████▀
    ▀█▄▄     ▄▄█▀
      ▀███████▀
        █████
         ▀▀▀
synereo|                         
       ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ███
    ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
   ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   
      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
WildSpark
|
|
EARN NOW
|

▄█████████▄
  ▄████▀   ▀██████▄
 ██████     ████████
████████▄▄  ▀████████
█████▀   ▀██    ▀████
█████     ██     ████
█████▄   ▄██    ▄████
████████▀▀  ▄████████