Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:19:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879151 times)
Altcoin4life

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Isn't this like the 50th altcoin by members of omni? U fkers gotta be loaded with btc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:15:39 PM

Back to the communist name calling i see.

When the shoe fits.

None of this is true, infact bts 2.0 is about to be released and they are interested in reaching out to communities which may be interested in collaborating. It makes a ton of improvements and should really take off upon release. Do your homework but id send them a message and get your devs to see if its a good step synereo.

It's all true and who wouldn't want to be in company like THIS.

The only thing thats true in that link is this quote:

"If you put half this effort into creating something yourself you might actually get somewhere in life! Or you could just sit behind your pseudonym and be a keyboard warrior..."

and yes thats meant for YOU!

What does this have to do with AMPs?

Im trying to be helpful to the dev team by saying to look into bts as the backbone for the network, and this thing keeps interrupting with long quotes trying to fill up the thread with false nonsensical information and calling people communists, so I'm not sure ask the thing.

The Synereo dev team said they have no money. They are already going with Ethereum. @leithaus received a $10,000 EthDEV grant to develop for Ethereum. From what I can find out, Synereo will use the PoS code that Greg Meredith is developing for Ethereum. He is a smart guy who will make the code re-usable, allowing it to be a bridge.

I like the plan above better than BTS with how BTS works right now today. You should definitely read the BTS code and see how it works if you're planning on making something better. I would recommend @leithaus looks at that code. From what I know about BTS, it's centralized like FACTOMs mining. You need to be voted in to be a miner for BTS.

I thought the Synereo backend was fully developed and had been in enterprise use for years... I was excited to use Synereos code base but it sounds like we are years away from a real product.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:26:42 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2015, 11:40:50 PM by fartbags

Isn't this like the 50th altcoin by members of omni? U fkers gotta be loaded with btc.

Omni can't seem to get any coins on an exchange other than https://masterxchange.com/

No volume on that site. No money to be made. Less volume than bluetrade, cryptopia, c-cex, empoex, bittrex, cryptsy and poloniex.

Synereo should try to get on other exchanges. People might hate this coin because its 100% premined but you never know.

Existing Wallets:
Crowdsale Wallet (184800000 AMPs)
User Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Content Creator Wallet (75000000 AMPs)
Founder Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Bounty Wallet (115000000 AMPs)
Future Funding Wallet (425200000 AMPs)

AMPs will be divided to wallets with this distribution:
18.5% will be placed in the Crowdsale Wallet.
11.5% will be placed in the Bounty Wallet, awarded to contributors and developers.
10% will be placed in the User Reward Wallet, awarded to users as they join the network and invite others, contributing to its growth.
7.5% will be placed in the Content Creator Wallet, awarded to content creators who operate on the network.
10% will be placed in the Founder Reward Wallet, awarded to the founders of Synereo, vested over a period of 30 months.
42.5% will be placed in the Future Funding Wallet. We aim to have two more funding rounds, spaced 1-1.5 years apart, each providing the necessary funds for the next leg of the project’s development.

fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 28, 2015, 11:33:03 PM

Synereo looks like the next big thing as of right now but after researching them more they are big supporters of NATO (No Action Talk Only).

That's an interesting characterization. We have released several updates to the code and made the Synereo node available for anyone to use as an AMZN AMI. A Docker container for the Synereo stack will be available soon. Additionally, we have created and checked in an updated version of the UI and gotten feedback on that. Beyond that we've helped LivelyGig get their stack together, which is coming along nicely, and relies on the Synereo stack. This will, in turn, provide the basis for the next version of the Synereo UI as we move away from Haxe and begin to use scala.js + react on the front end much more aggressively. Additionally, we have been working intensively to help Ethereum get Casper (their proof-of-stack protocol) to a point where it runs and people can play with it. You can follow all our checkins on all of these efforts on github. Beyond that we have held weekly community hangouts to communicate the results of each week's work and have conducted dozens of due diligence engagements with angels and vc's. That's an amazing 6 months of "no action". ;-)

Here is a third party evaluation of what you have done:

- You set up your own stack on AMZN.
- UI is garbage
- Helped a friend use your stack
- Planning to switch programming languages (because UI is garbage)
- Working for Ethereum
- Meeting up once a week to talk

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:51:01 AM

Back to the communist name calling i see.

When the shoe fits.

None of this is true, infact bts 2.0 is about to be released and they are interested in reaching out to communities which may be interested in collaborating. It makes a ton of improvements and should really take off upon release. Do your homework but id send them a message and get your devs to see if its a good step synereo.

It's all true and who wouldn't want to be in company like THIS.

The only thing thats true in that link is this quote:

"If you put half this effort into creating something yourself you might actually get somewhere in life! Or you could just sit behind your pseudonym and be a keyboard warrior..."

and yes thats meant for YOU!

What does this have to do with AMPs?

Im trying to be helpful to the dev team by saying to look into bts as the backbone for the network, and this thing keeps interrupting with long quotes trying to fill up the thread with false nonsensical information and calling people communists, so I'm not sure ask the thing.

The Synereo dev team said they have no money. They are already going with Ethereum. @leithaus received a $10,000 EthDEV grant to develop for Ethereum. From what I can find out, Synereo will use the PoS code that Greg Meredith is developing for Ethereum. He is a smart guy who will make the code re-usable, allowing it to be a bridge.

I like the plan above better than BTS with how BTS works right now today. You should definitely read the BTS code and see how it works if you're planning on making something better. I would recommend @leithaus looks at that code. From what I know about BTS, it's centralized like FACTOMs mining. You need to be voted in to be a miner for BTS.

I thought the Synereo backend was fully developed and had been in enterprise use for years... I was excited to use Synereos code base but it sounds like we are years away from a real product.

Bts will help today. Also synereo will not have to worry about mining/delegates unless they are looking for funding then can basically goto the community and ask for x delegates and based on the proposal get voted in.. It can fund the project.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 03:31:58 AM

The creator or XMG @joelao95 made PoS-II. He might be able to help also.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:00:28 AM

Existing Wallets:
Crowdsale Wallet (184800000 AMPs)
User Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Content Creator Wallet (75000000 AMPs)
Founder Reward Wallet (100000000 AMPs)
Bounty Wallet (115000000 AMPs)
Future Funding Wallet (425200000 AMPs)

AMPs will be divided to wallets with this distribution:
18.5% will be placed in the Crowdsale Wallet.
11.5% will be placed in the Bounty Wallet, awarded to contributors and developers.
10% will be placed in the User Reward Wallet, awarded to users as they join the network and invite others, contributing to its growth.
7.5% will be placed in the Content Creator Wallet, awarded to content creators who operate on the network.
10% will be placed in the Founder Reward Wallet, awarded to the founders of Synereo, vested over a period of 30 months.
42.5% will be placed in the Future Funding Wallet. We aim to have two more funding rounds, spaced 1-1.5 years apart, each providing the necessary funds for the next leg of the project’s development.

All wallets were doubled due to a distribution error.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:47:29 AM

Isn't this like the 50th altcoin by members of omni?

There is no association between Omni and Synereo besides the fact that the initial distribution of AMPs was performed on the bitcoin blockchain via Omni protocol.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 04:59:03 AM

It's not "nonsensical" if it's accurate.  Stan and Dan Larimer are a bunch of wealth redistributers (into their own pockets).  Now whether you want to call that "communism". "corporate fascism", or an "outright scam" is up to you.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.0.html
I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.  -Bytemaster, Dan Larimer

It's my understanding that they have enough funds to release a basic social networking application, but then will require an additional round of funding which would be procured through the sale of AMPs to a VC.

The BTS delegate system is easily rigged through strategic voting (see above post).  It's my opinion that it was intentionally designed in such a way so Stan, Dan and a select group of manipulators can effectively control which delegates get elected, thus controlling the chain.  Why else would you choose "approval voting" as the delegate selection mechanism?

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:09:41 AM

It's not "nonsensical" if it's accurate.  Stan and Dan Larimer are a bunch of wealth redistributers (into their own pockets).  Now whether you want to call that "communism". "corporate fascism", or an "outright scam" is up to you.

I may also seize brownie points from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how Brownie Points are issued or how I use Brownie Points is certainly not in my favor and may lose any Brownie Points they have earned.  -Bytemaster, Dan Larimer

It's my understanding that they have enough funds to release a basic social networking application, but then will require an additional round of funding which would be procured through the sale of AMPs to a VC.

The BTS delegate system is easily rigged through strategic voting (see above post).  It's my opinion that it was intentionally designed in such a way so Stan, Dan and a select group of manipulators can effectively control which delegates get elected, thus controlling the chain.  Why else would you choose "approval voting" as the delegate selection mechanism?
More lies. brownie pts have nothing to do with delegate voting. its a UIA and the owner can do as they please, similar to synereo on bts chain. i guess you would have a problem with synereo controlling the supply of their asset aswell.

In the end the delegate mechanism is an innovation that will enable many applications for social media that are not possible with non dpos chains.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:19:13 AM

More lies. brownie pts have nothing to do with delegate voting. its a UIA and the owner can do as they please, similar to synereo on bts chain. i guess you would have a problem with synereo controlling the supply of their asset aswell.

In the end the delegate mechanism is an innovation that will enable many applications for social media that are not possible with non dpos chains.

I'm not lying.  I never said brownie pts and delegate voting were the same thing.  I'll break it down for you:

1 - My problem with "brownie pts" is that Stan and Dan are allowing them to be sold and sharedropping to them while at the same time retaining the ability to seize them out of people's accounts.  How can that even be considered a "crypto"?

2 - My problem with delegate voting is that they use "approval voting" which allows a very small amount of shareholders to effectively rig the delegate elections.  See my above post for an example.  Here's a link that explains how approval voting is unworkable in contested elections.

DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:29:00 AM

its a UIA and the owner can do as they please, similar to synereo on bts chain. i guess you would have a problem with synereo controlling the supply of their asset aswell.

I'd immediately sell all my AMPs if the Synereo devs announced that they "may seize AMPs from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how AMPs are issued or how I use AMPs is certainly not in my favor and may lose any AMPs they have earned".

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 05:51:56 AM

its a UIA and the owner can do as they please, similar to synereo on bts chain. i guess you would have a problem with synereo controlling the supply of their asset aswell.

I'd immediately sell all my AMPs if the Synereo devs announced that they "may seize AMPs from any account if you fall out of favor and anyone who complains in any way about how AMPs are issued or how I use AMPs is certainly not in my favor and may lose any AMPs they have earned".
Thats to allow accordancd with the law, we dont live in fairytale land. If you create a uia and sell for real money you bet your ass you will be in trouble now that they crack down on crypto ipos and transfers for equity.

You can always relinquish that control by throwing your keys.. Something you might do.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:24:32 AM

Thats to allow accordancd with the law, we dont live in fairytale land. If you create a uia and sell for real money you bet your ass you will be in trouble now that they crack down on crypto ipos and transfers for equity.

You can always relinquish that control by throwing your keys.. Something you might do.

But it's ok to sell (Bit)SHARES without registering with the SEC?

Of course.  BitShares is a company!  If the owning stakeholders think that will make them more profitable and grow faster, why can't a company decide to do that? 

In the short term, while shares are worth pennies

Remember, BitShares is a company, not a currency.

It seems that Stan and Dan only want to comply with the law when it suits their best interests.

bitcoinbs

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 06:35:50 AM

Some different concept interesting. Daily new coins are coming all dead even btc struggle today
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 02:49:13 PM

But it's ok to sell (Bit)SHARES without registering with the SEC?

Of course.  BitShares is a company!  If the owning stakeholders think that will make them more profitable and grow faster, why can't a company decide to do that? 

In the short term, while shares are worth pennies

Remember, BitShares is a company, not a currency.

It seems that Stan and Dan only want to comply with the law when it suits their best interests.
Bitshares is not issuing an ipo like a uia is essentially doing.
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:27:56 PM

The creator or XMG @joelao95 made PoS-II. He might be able to help also.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0

There are other PoS coins. Was PeerCoin the first? NovaCoin?

Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 07:28:46 PM

Peercoin.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
fartbags
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:34:52 PM

The main thing I want from a PoS coin is the ability to stake while my coins are in a cold wallet.

dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 07:47:57 PM

The main thing I want from a PoS coin is the ability to stake while my coins are in a cold wallet.

Nxt can do that by leasing the forging (=staking) power to another account.

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: