Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 428 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AMP - The Currency That Powers Your Attention On Synereo  (Read 879153 times)
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:04:34 PM

Hey guys.  I own a few amp that I bought awhile back through an exchange.  Since they have gone up in value, I would like to get them out of the exchange wallet to one that only I control.  What is the best way to do this?

Go to Omnilayer.org and download Omni Core, the desktop wallet.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SixSignatory

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 11:00:46 PM

Hey guys.  I own a few amp that I bought awhile back through an exchange.  Since they have gone up in value, I would like to get them out of the exchange wallet to one that only I control.  What is the best way to do this?

Is that a bitcoin wallet to replace the simple core wallet I currently run?  Can it run simultaneously on my desktop with my core wallet?

And do I just create a btc address and send the amp to it?

Thanks so much
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 04:26:22 AM

Hey guys.  I own a few amp that I bought awhile back through an exchange.  Since they have gone up in value, I would like to get them out of the exchange wallet to one that only I control.  What is the best way to do this?

Is that a bitcoin wallet to replace the simple core wallet I currently run?  Can it run simultaneously on my desktop with my core wallet?

And do I just create a btc address and send the amp to it?

Thanks so much

There is no need to run both Bitcoin Core and Omni Core.  Omni Core does everything Bitcoin Core does plus it provides access to the Omni Layer.  The Omni Layer is the protocol layer over Bitcoin which allows the transfer of third party tokens like AMPs.

To migrate over to Omni Core from Bitcoin Core do the following:

1 - Install Omni Core
2 - Backup your Bitcoin Core wallet.dat file just to be safe.  Omnicore reads directly from the directory '.bitcoin', so moving the wallet.dat file and existing blockchain isn't necessary.
3 - Run Omni Core.  Omni Core will perform a scan of your existing, downloaded bitcoin blockchain for Omni tokens.  This will take a while.

Once this is finished, you can use your existing BTC addresses from your old BTC wallet to receive Omni tokens.  Make sure that Omni Core actually used your existing wallet.dat by running the command './omnicore-cli listaddressgroupings' to verify that the address you are sending to is in the wallet Omni Core is using.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
SixSignatory

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:18:19 PM

Thanks for the help.
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 07:19:11 PM

Live on the @Synereo weekly community hangout!
https://plus.google.com/events/cufo35jmpmlm4dif79psbjiah3o

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 12:17:55 PM

I listen to these podcasts, and I just know that this project is going to be very successful.  Synereo is going to have such an influx of users that we are all going to be amazed by it.  Synereo has already drawn a lot of attention from smart people, and that will continue.  If somebody hears about this project and doesn't think that it's a goldmine, there is something seriously wrong with them.  I'm holding on to all my AMPs.  Even when the price increases 10x, I don't think I'll sell them.  I really like the ideals behind this project.  Knowing the state of affairs of big media and big data profiting off your information and monetizing your being, how can you not support such an initiative?  Keep up the good work.  I have a feeling that this project is going to really take off soon.

skywave

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

"to endure to achieve"

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 01:13:39 PM

People ask why there are not so many AMPs for sale on the exchanges.

Personally I bought AMPs some time back, and I do NOT intend to sell any of them at all.
I'm going to hold longtime, and wait till Synereo launches officially, as I believe those AMPs are currently extremely undervalued.

My wish/hope is that Synereo will be able to move people away from Facebook (who are getting rich from the users) and over to Synereo's social network, where users will be rewarded themselves for using the network.

Radix - Just Imagine  Financial Freedom   ...coming soon, to a network near you...!
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 08:53:46 PM

Personally I bought AMPs some time back, and I do NOT intend to sell any of them at all.
I'm going to hold longtime, and wait till Synereo launches officially, as I believe those AMPs are currently extremely undervalued.

My wish/hope is that Synereo will be able to move people away from Facebook (who are getting rich from the users) and over to Synereo's social network, where users will be rewarded themselves for using the network.

I see all these posts in the altcoin discussion section saying things like "Do you wish that you purchased more Ether?", "What do you think is the next Ethereum?", etc... and I think to myself, "Have you people not heard of Synereo?"  This project imo has just as much if not more potential than Ethereum.  Which is more empowering to people?  A turing-complete blockchain or a social media revolution?  Imo, it's the latter.

Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 05, 2016, 11:49:13 PM

Nobody wants to sell.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 09:43:13 AM

I see all these posts in the altcoin discussion section saying things like "Do you wish that you purchased more Ether?", "What do you think is the next Ethereum?", etc... and I think to myself, "Have you people not heard of Synereo?"  This project imo has just as much if not more potential than Ethereum.  Which is more empowering to people?  A turing-complete blockchain or a social media revolution?  Imo, it's the latter.

There is a tech cooperation between Ethereum and Synereo anyway, isn`t it? So there is a fair chance Vitalik will have a profile on Synereo right? They`ll notice then.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 10:17:58 AM

There is a tech cooperation between Ethereum and Synereo anyway, isn`t it? So there is a fair chance Vitalik will have a profile on Synereo right? They`ll notice then.

Yeah, IIRC one of the Synereo devs is working on Ethereum too.
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 12:26:29 PM

This really has to be one of the most under-pumped/hyped threads in Bitcointalk and Crypto-La-La-Land  Cheesy. A ridiculously quiet 32 pages with no shills whatsoever  Cheesy
To me it is absurdly under-valued.

I just accidentally stumbled upon this gem, as I think it was not even posted here:

"CT: How is the AMP token used and why did you not use Bitcoin?

DK: AMPs can be used to amplify the power of information flow on the network. Investing AMPs in a post makes it propagate beyond its organic reach and increases it priority, making it more likely to appear in the stream of more users. Users seeing AMPed content in their streams receive a portion of the investment AMPs as compensation for their attention.

The AMP coin carries some properties that bitcoindoesn’t. For one, AMPs have an inherent value on the Synereo network, being able to “purchase” attention. Attention is - and will always be - a scarce commodity, and so there will always be a demand for it. AMPs also increase in effectiveness as the Synereo network grows, with each AMP allowing a post to receive more attention from more users.

This is unlike bitcoin, which currently has mostly speculative value and that isn’t backed by anything outside of its users’ faith in it.

Another key difference is the way that new AMPs are created. We are implementing a “proof of social contribution” mechanism, whereby users on Synereo who garner a reputation as publishers of attention-worthy content are rewarded AMPs for their contribution. We believe that new value will be created on the Synereo network and that it makes sense to convert the wealth that a user brings to the network into a medium of exchange which does not trace back through a series of exchanges to fiat currency and to the fiat economy.

If the only way for cryptocurrency to become valued is in its relation to fiat currencies, then all the value has to be imported from the old economy. One thing, among many, that is vital for the shift to a better economic balance is an explicit mechanism for recognizing value created and value available in our new post-bitcoin ecosystem.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/dor-konforty-synereo-is-the-natural-next-step-after-facebook
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 01:34:27 PM

We are happy to announce that the Synereo AMP token distribution process is now complete.
We want to thank all our supporters for helping us take this important step towards making Synereo a reality.

Read all the details on our blog: http://blog.synereo.com/2015/05/10/amp-distribution-complete/

Total USD raised: $126,023
Total Number of AMPs distributed: 45,439,378

The total number of AMPs distributed is 45,439,378, why the number on the coinmarketcap.com is 184,800,000 ?

Maybe the true cap of AMP should be 45,439,378 * 0.033 =1,500,000 US dollars.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2016, 05:54:21 PM

Price is going up again!

Something's coming?  Grin
coinrus9

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 06, 2016, 06:18:41 PM

Price is going up again!

Something's coming?  Grin

no
i just rebuy some of the coins i sold at 1/10 price (FOMO)
coinrus9

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:27:47 AM

price will probably go down once people realize:

there is no product, everything is very theoretical, for a very long time.
there is a premine of over billion coins
there is no blockchain, it is unlimited supply Omni Token
price is set x20 (in USD) already
can't store so much data (of a social network) on a blockchain. need petabytes or even exabytes of data.
 ^ if using some kind of sharding and nodes to store data, there is no way to make the data redundant enough, and still not enough storage space

impossible and very theoretical project right now...
Elokane (OP)

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2016, 04:32:58 AM

price will probably go down once people realize:

there is no product, everything is very theoretical, for a very long time.
there is a premine of over billion coins
there is no blockchain, it is unlimited supply Omni Token
price is set x20 (in USD) already
can't store so much data (of a social network) on a blockchain. need petabytes or even exabytes of data.
 ^ if using some kind of sharding and nodes to store data, there is no way to make the data redundant enough, and still not enough storage space

impossible and very theoretical project right now...

We're going to have near-final designs for our MLP this week. We'll publish them over the next few days.
There's no mining, so no "pre-mine". All coins are locked in very clearly defined wallets.
We are migrating to our own, new blockchain in 6 months. This is the work being done in collaboration with Ethereum, and will underlie both Ethereum 2.0 and the next update to Synereo's tech stack.
Nothing is stored on the blockchain. We're going to delve into how storage works in Synereo on this Wednesday Community Hangout or the following one, as we discussed last week.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
coinrus9

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 04:56:57 AM

will wait and see...
I like what you are trying to do. i hope it is possible Smiley
good luck
Dave5

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:40:27 AM

https://discuss.synereo.com/t/synereo-weekly-update/66405

"Synereo and Ethereum now have an end to end spec of a correct, fault tolerant architecture that is sharded, i.e. scales and allows to constrain the behavior of nodes for the purpose of reaching consensus about the next block to be added to the new Proof-of-Stake based blockchain. Economic-, security- and game-theories have been taken into account and all fit within the framework; everything can be worked out now!"

❒ SWISS ALPS ❒        ▬ MINING & ENERGY ▬      ❒ SWISS ALPS ❒
█████          The Smart Mining Company           █████
Telegram █  Get a piece of COLD 6 220 238 SAM █     Twitter
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 10:57:56 AM

Synereo team is doing a really nice job, i am quite impressed with them, i strongly recomend people to see the Hangouts, they speak about the development process and you can see they are working really hard with this. it is probably one of the most potential projects out. I am quite sure this year we will have really nice surprises about it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 428 »
  Print  

Jump to: